• El Ahmadi (for Bacuna 70)
    • Albrighton (for Weimann 79)
  2. 2. Manager's tactics

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

We are posting some horrific stats at the moment. Make no mistake this is a shit team. They had 17 shots on target and 73% possession. We were lucky to get a draw...or maybe we earned it by running about a lot.  

Our footballing ineptitude in beyond compare. 

3 shots on target, like us.

Sounds we played well then.  Give Lambo a contract extension.

• Like 4

We are posting some horrific stats at the moment. Make no mistake this is a shit team. They had 17 shots on target and 73% possession. We were lucky to get a draw...or maybe we earned it by running about a lot.  

I applaud your positivity but are you honestly not concerned by the 27% possession for us, and Swansea's 17 attempts?

We were the home team today as well.

I thought the centre backs did very well containing their big threat Bony. The big problem problem, once again is the fall backs. The midfield aren't doing enough covering when we make clearances. Players like Westwood and Clark are guilty of pumping the ball upfield too often. We merely invite pressure upon ourselves that can be alleviated by taking an extra touch and looking for the man out wide or in the middle.

McLeish said after he got fired, he played the way he did because there was no quality in the team, its the only way he could set them up without forfitting embarrasing results. Do we think Lambert is doing this, or is it just the players are poor. Again the first 10 minutes we actually looked like a footballing team so the quality is in there somewhere.

Well, at least we didn't lose and we hit 20 points before the New Year.....

This putrid style of football that we're playing needs to stop now, it's just embarrassing. I just don't understand it, it doesn't work. When there's a better pass to play, don't hoof it blindly and expect it to land nicely for us, we're relying on luck entirely now rather than skill. It doesn't help to erase the hoofing when our movement is so terrible either. There's no one trying to make space for themselves, just lots of running away from whoever has the ball and running up field, presumably so the inevitable long ball has a greater chance of hitting a claret and blue shirt (before it eventually falls to an opposing player). The less said about throw ins the better, I'd have thought a Premier League team would have such a basic move down by now. In terms of defending (though it did improve in the second half slightly), we're making mistakes that you're surely taught not to make in basic training. Luna really needs to sort himself out. The charm of his beard is wearing off now and it no longer covers up the fact that he constantly is caught out of position and has to scramble back from 2/3 up the pitch, not to mention him constantly losing his man and not marking properly (their goal).

Sorry to have a moan, but the fact that we got a point just slightly sweetens it. There are a hell of a lot of problems here that need to be rectified a.s.a.p. If all we have to look forward to in the transfer window is a loan deal, then we need to sort out what we already have very quickly. Playing some football might be a good place to start....

I applaud your positivity but are you honestly not concerned by the 27% possession for us, and Swansea's 17 attempts?

We were the home team today as well.

I thought the centre backs did very well containing their big threat Bony. The big problem problem, once again is the fall backs. The midfield aren't doing enough covering when we make clearances. Players like Westwood and Clark are guilty of pumping the ball upfield too often. We merely invite pressure upon ourselves that can be alleviated by taking an extra touch and looking for the man out wide or in the middle.

In fairness they are left with no other options. 

Here is a BIG picture of Emilia Clarke. Look at this for a minute and then go do something else:

emilia-clarke-beautiful-actress-wide-192

I prefer her blonde

Why can't we put 4 passes together in the oppositions half? It's so bad.

You must of missed it when we put 5 passes together about half way through the second half...... I was amazed!!

That was a piss poor performance, like the last 4 or 5 games (including the Southampton game, they were poor then too, such a flukey win!).

I voted Westwood as he made a couple of decent covering tackles when the defence was nowhere to be seen and he seems to be the only one who can land a pass.

• Like 1

MOTM the crowd in the second half, when they tried to rally the players. They responded by getting stuck in a bit more, but the lack of quality was obvious to see. 

It's easy to blame Lambert's tactics (or lack of), and I do, but the players just aren't up to it. 

What a mess this club is in. 

Make no mistake - this is relegation form.

I said, maybe 6/7 matches ago that we looked like the worst team in the Premiership, and that luck had carried us into a false position.

Swansea comprehensively outplayed us, and their players were so much more comfortable on the ball than ours it was embarrassing.

And yes, it is down to money, you do have to pay more to get better players, but I doubt that will happen.

Also to those calling for Lambert's head, rightly or wrongly, I do not believe that will happen. I think that Lerner will stick with him, and I do not believe Lambert will quit.

We can only hope that performances and results will improve sufficiently over the remainder of the season to keep us up, but I am becoming increasingly less optimistic about that.

Hope I am wrong.

Voted Clark MOM, but in all honestly the entire team apart from him and Guzan were quite clueless.

And Clark himself was quite clueless to get a yellow card unnecessarily to put him out of the next match - isn't here an amnesty in the new year?

His absence will be a problem considering our options.

Sounds like it was a barely deserved point but hey at least it wasn't 5 in a row. If we can beat Sunderland then the good ship AVFC will almost be alfoat again. Same old problems, lack quality all over the pitch but that isn't going to change soon. And we were playing Swansea- whose ground is less than half the size of Villa's.

Villa aside for a second... how good was hernandez ? So lively and always looking to recieve the ball. Even when he lost the ball he managed to gain a foul. And a great assist for their goal. Im pretty amazed.

Pretty sure he was 6m ? Good job we got a better player in kozak for 7m then.

• Like 1

Villa aside for a second... how good was hernandez ? So lively and always looking to recieve the ball. Even when he lost the ball he managed to gain a foul. And a great assist for their goal. Im pretty amazed.

Pretty sure he was 6m ? Good job we got a better player in kozak for 7m then.

Kozak cost 6m according to transfermarket.

Â