Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

So you have absolutely no idea, or proof, that the next owner will be a Catlrson Yeung, all you are doing is finding a weak and feeble excuse to defend Lerner, with something that has zero factual evidence. As for wanting 'football men' why don't you go look at other clubs who have had a man who knows about football, who strengthens and doesn't weaken the team and club, a David Dein (off the top of my head).

Now, back to the fact our next owner will be a 'Carson Yeung' am guessing you have evidence to back up this weak defence if why we are better off with Lerner?

Clearly the answer to the first part of my last question is yes, but I shall persevere with you.

'Carson Yeung' is an example of a slightly stupid person, with a large ego, and with at least temporary access to a large amount of cash.

If Randy Lerner is to be relieved of his burden quickly and with a 'manageable' loss from his point of view, then he needs to find the next 'Carson Yeung'

At no point was I defending Mr Lerner, merely offering an example of what he will need to find if he wants to get out quickly.

David Dein was as much a 'football person' when he joined Arsenal as Paul Faulkner or Steve Stride were when they joined Villa. To my knowledge, since leaving Arsenal, Mr.Dein has not worked in a similar capacity at any other football club, so probably wouldn't have been available for the Villa.

I see, no proof we will get a really bad owner next and the one person - who managed the Arsenal plan - from top to bottom, helped Wenger produce league winning sides, was also no good.

No way should we sack Lambert!!

I think (and I know many of you will disagree) we have a decent squad of players. What we do need is 3 or 4 first team premier league quality players added to the team. Right now I would personally say Guzan, Vlaar, Delph, Gabby & Benteke are quality premier league players. We desperately need 3 or 4 more this transfer window and we will be fine.

We've had loads of injury set backs this season - Gabby, Benteke, Vlaar, Okore, N'Zogbia, Kozak (6 of our better players).

I keep thinking a subs bench like: Steer, Okore, Clark, Westwood, KEA, Weimann, Kozak isn't all that bad.

A starting 11 of Guzan, Lowton, New CB, Vlaar, Luna, New Mid, N'Zogbia, Delph, New Mid, Benteke, Gabby isn't all that bad!?!

So if the squad is decent then why aren't we playing well? That comes down to Paul Lambert.

Because they need quality first team players around them?

Some of the players we have will be decent to come in and do a job if a player is injured or suspended. No way should they be starting week in week out. But sadly that is what spending low and offering low wages gets you.

Not doubting that we need more experienced players to come into the first team, but the ones we have right now should still be able to string a few passes together and outplay a league 1 side . 

Kozac was a direct replacement for Bent-Can't see the problem?

Bowrey & Helenius are both players for the future, not the present

.....Are you serious?

Danny ings should be the kind of player for the future.

somebody who can score and can work the ball with his feet

Edited by TRO

So you have absolutely no idea, or proof, that the next owner will be a Catlrson Yeung, all you are doing is finding a weak and feeble excuse to defend Lerner, with something that has zero factual evidence. As for wanting 'football men' why don't you go look at other clubs who have had a man who knows about football, who strengthens and doesn't weaken the team and club, a David Dein (off the top of my head).

Now, back to the fact our next owner will be a 'Carson Yeung' am guessing you have evidence to back up this weak defence if why we are better off with Lerner?

Clearly the answer to the first part of my last question is yes, but I shall persevere with you.

'Carson Yeung' is an example of a slightly stupid person, with a large ego, and with at least temporary access to a large amount of cash.

If Randy Lerner is to be relieved of his burden quickly and with a 'manageable' loss from his point of view, then he needs to find the next 'Carson Yeung'

At no point was I defending Mr Lerner, merely offering an example of what he will need to find if he wants to get out quickly.

David Dein was as much a 'football person' when he joined Arsenal as Paul Faulkner or Steve Stride were when they joined Villa. To my knowledge, since leaving Arsenal, Mr.Dein has not worked in a similar capacity at any other football club, so probably wouldn't have been available for the Villa.

I see, no proof we will get a really bad owner next and the one person - who managed the Arsenal plan - from top to bottom, helped Wenger produce league winning sides, was also no good.

Delirium has set in, so I'll step out.

The media have done a number on Lambert.

It seems to me so far:

Mark Regan has an interview with Lambert. Asks leading questions about the importance of the FA cup

Lambert had just had his 2nd choice CF who was hitting form out for the season with a broken leg. Feels a bit down and lets his guard drop. Gives honest answer.

Media jump on honest answer and sensationalise it.

AVFC go into damage limitation mode, Brian Doogan rings Mark Regan and has a massive go.

Mark Regan is then very pissed off with AVFC so then decides to keep banging on about it to stick the knife in.

Brian Doogan is a complete tool

All that I can see based on Lambert's time at the club is a manager who has no tactical nous, no apparent knowledge of formations, no Plan B or seemingly a Plan A and a profound inability to get players to do the basics correctly. God knows what happens in training. Add to that the money that had been wasted on many incredibly average players. I don't buy the wages / fees argument, other clubs manage to find decent players.

Finally we have inappropriate and naive comments to a journalist, I find the argument that it's the journalists fault simply laughable. Follow that up with yet another abject and spineless performance at home, only this time against a well organised and motivated League 1 side and the only conclusion that any sane person can draw is that Lambert is so far out of his depth it's embarrassing.

We have to get rid before it's too late. My biggest reason for saying that is I would be flabbergasted if the players have any faith in anything he says or does. As a manager of Aston Villa he is an embarrassing joke.

Edited by Harry
  • Like 3

I could send you a number of pattern's of play I have on my computer, that I believe would help us with the present players we have. Mine though would require Lambert letting the players try, and pass the ball around, and not just lump it up field to Benteke.

In the end though it's about being patient, and giving up ground. Drawing teams into our half field, breaking quickly with short sharp passing. The players are capable of doing this as they showed against Sunderland, but it's doesn't seem to me Lambert encourages it. Lambert, as I have gone through UEFA coaching licenses, and if he paid attention they go through many 11v11 practices, with triggers in them, that release players into certain areas.

Lambert from what I have seen wishes to focus on the big man up front. The standard lump up field isn't working, and he needs to go back to his coaching manual, and see what he needs to improve it.

So you said yourself like Sunderland ... ie, our last Premier League game. We do it away but not at home... again, you said yourself break quickly ... easy away, hard at home which more to do with teams sitting back more at VP, the players being on edge more at VP and us not having a truly creative player,

I'm not disputing your coaching badges or abilities but I'm sure anything you have done and seen Paul Lambert has also. I just don't think it is as easy as half the people on here think it would be to sort out.

I'm not backing Lambert with blind faith, I just think he deserves longer in the job to try and resolve the issues that we have. If we are playing the same way next season with the same results I'll join the anti-Lambert brigade on here, but right now that is far to premature IMO.

Not saying he has an easy job, but he isn't trying anything different against teams at home. Yes, teams do sit back against us at home, and that's where it becomes a game of patience. If all of our players are told when we lose the ball everyone drop back to the half way line. Over the 90 minutes the opposition will start pushing up, and using the space we are conceding. This is the time where the tactics come into our favor. It will give us more space in behind them for our faster players to run into.

Sadly, we stick one up down the middle, and lump it up to him. The opposition know they will pick up the lose ball, because there is no one around to support Benteke, or Kozak. They don't even have to try, and win possession in our half, because they know we will give it them back in a 30 seconds, or so.

He needs to try something different, and he needs to do it quick. We are abysmal at home, and he should be sacked on those stats alone.

I do want him gone, but I also agree I'm not sure if we will find anyone better mid-season. There will be plenty of managers available after the World Cup, so maybe that's when he will be gone.

Edited by villianusa
  • Like 1

The reason I'm not as angry; rightly or wrongly; is because it was the cup.

I feel similar in the fact I am not angry but is has nothing to do with it being the cup.

For me I think it is simply that I am used to going to VP and not see us getting a positive result. I am even more used to us serving up tripe performances. You become immune to it all now it has become the norm. It is also becoming a habit under Lambert to lose to lower league opposition.

Whether you rate Lambert or think he is the worst manager to have ever managed us there is no doubting the fact that under his reign we have inflicted a number of embarrassing results and unwanted records into the history books of this great and once proud club. It is simply not good enough and in many ways heartbreaking how low standards have fallen and what we have become - a poor Premier League team that are horrible to watch and prone to getting beaten by lower league opposition. Those responsible should all hang their heads in shame.

The main reason is Mark.....when we are playing lower league opposition the onus is on us to take the game to them.

we havn't the ability to take the game to anyone... we can only mug a result out of teams.....thats kind of acceptable from teams BETTER than us, but when they are deemed not better than us we are stuffed as we can't take the initiative.

My worry is despite changing managers nothing has changed....I think it is a combination of poor manager appointments, leading to poor signings, due to poor funding and poor talent spotting.

• Like 1

Delirium has set in, so I'll step out.

Of course, you keep throwing out opinions as fact, just remember that they are just opinions after all. There is zero evidence to back up your claims that we will get a chairman like Carson Yeung, if you think that is delirium, all I can suggest is perhaps there are links to Lerner and you feel the need to protect him, even if there is zero evidence in any claim.

The reason I'm not as angry; rightly or wrongly; is because it was the cup.

with me it's a bit different. If there is one thing above anything else I want us to win it's the FA cup, don't ask why I couldn't tell you , just want us to win it. Every year we get knocked out pisses me off royally.

I am a huge lambert fan, massive and will stick with the man through thick and thin I 100% believe he is the right man for us long term. He is not making it easy for me though

funnily enough, my aspirations are somewhat less demanding than yours.

I just want to see a bit of plausible football a bit of passing and moving, a bit of desire to get in front of the defender to receive a pass ( as opposed to hiding behind him) a bit of pro-active running off the ball, a bit of winning second balls, a bit of passing and moving intelligently in to space to receive.

quite serious really isn't it.... when you don't get any of that.

ps  trophies for me are a wild dream just yet, until we get the basics right.

Had Vlaar been out for a long period like last season, we would be about 18th though.

Unfair. 

Really? We dont score enough goals so on our rare wins it is down to the defense keeping it together. Vlaar is by a country mile our best defender. When he is injured we are shit.

Had Vlaar been out for a long period like last season, we would be about 18th though.

Unfair. 

Really? We dont score enough goals so on our rare wins it is down to the defense keeping it together. Vlaar is by a country mile our best defender. When he is injured we are shit.

We have also been missing Jores Okore.

Unfair. 

Since Vlaar got injured, in the games he missed we have lost to Fulham, Stoke, Man U, Palace, a lucky draw v Swansea and today's shambles. So yeah I would say Vlaar is our most important player at present.

Unfair. 

Since Vlaar got injured, in the games he missed we have lost to Fulham, Stoke, Man U, Palace, a lucky draw v Swansea and today's shambles. So yeah I would say Vlaar is our most important player at present.

What I am trying to say is we are not fortunate to be where we are in the league.