Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

So now let me get this right.

It's the board's fault for giving him *only* £40m.

It's the fans fault because they complain at dire home form.

It's the players fault because they can't be bothered after getting pay rises.

But not Lambert.

• Like 2

As bad as Villa have been with Lambert on many occasions, i don't want him sacked.

I'm fed up with us changing manager every 2-3 years, and starting a rebuilding process all again.

I want to see a manager given 5 years to actually build a team, even if he finishes 17th a couple of times to get there.

As it is, we are 11th in the league, and doing about as well as expected.

Lambert to stay, and then we assess in the summer.

(and yes i am p*ssed off with a lot of individual results in the meantime)

But not Lambert.

If you read the thread, the majority (if not all) are saying that Lambert has to take (at least) some of the blame. Stop sensationalising.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 3

@Imarsha_926

It's down to tactics. Lambert hasn't got a clue how to break down a team that sits back, and parks the bus, He talks about the lack of creativity in the teams, and sadly it's starts inside his head.

Lambert hasn't got the PLAYERS to break down a team that sits back. If we have the same problem next season then it is a serious issue. Right now Lambert deserves the time to try to correct this.

He isn't going to when he doesn't bother to sign any.

I disagree with the fact he doesn't have the players, and more the fact he doesn't know how to use them.

There are a number of different tactics he could use, but he is either too stubborn, or unwilling to change.

The media have done a number on Lambert.

It seems to me so far:

Mark Regan has an interview with Lambert. Asks leading questions about the importance of the FA cup

Lambert had just had his 2nd choice CF who was hitting form out for the season with a broken leg. Feels a bit down and lets his guard drop. Gives honest answer.

Media jump on honest answer and sensationalise it.

AVFC go into damage limitation mode, Brian Doogan rings Mark Regan and has a massive go.

Mark Regan is then very pissed off with AVFC so then decides to keep banging on about it to stick the knife in.

The majority of the sports broadcasters are anti Villa.

id say most journos in national papers etc simply dont know / care about us and therefore provide incredibly lazy write ups, the sun for example, forget it

and those that do know a bit about us are never positive, co commentators are getting ridiculous, even ones who are our ex players spend the 90 minutes slating us (looking at you houghton)

Even if Lambert does go, do you really think funds will be there to spend? Lerner will keep the manager, we are a budget team and he wants to keep it that way.

Yes, that is why I wouldn't get rid.

That said, on paper we had a far superior squad today. I've always been of the opinion that Lambert is doing an ok job in the league with the squad he has but he seems to have an inability to beat lower league sides with worse squads than our own.

This will take you back to the old debate of performance v result.

When you opt for result with no respect for performance this is what your buying in to.

We do not possess the skills as a team to impose ourselves...in fact you could argue the lower half of the prem is no better equipped skill wise than the championship teams.

Until somebody is prepared to increase our skill level.....we are sure as eggs are eggs going nowhere.

You can use all the reasons/excuses in the world.....it ain't working.

I have seen work in progress in my life as a villa fan......this ain't it.

We got neither the result or a performance today though.

Edited by Mantis

It seems to me so far:

Mark Regan has an interview with Lambert. Asks leading questions about the importance of the FA cup

Lambert had just had his 2nd choice CF who was hitting form out for the season with a broken leg. Feels a bit down and lets his guard drop. Gives honest answer.

AVFC go into damage limitation mode, Brian Doogan rings Mark Regan and has a massive go.

Mark Regan is then very pissed off with AVFC so then decides to keep banging on about it to stick the knife in.

Dont forget McNulty and the awful Stuart James then piling on as they do their level best to damage the club.

It has been an instructive past day or so. A useful reminder how how dreadful the press is.

But not Lambert.

Anybody but Lambert

So many excuses are being fabricated for him to hide behind its rediculous

The bloke is out of his depth and extremely limited the sooner he goes the better

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

It seems to me so far:

Apparently Regan apologised to Lambert for the question and said it wasn't his intention to start this.

i still dont get it, we're sitting in 11th and struggling to stay there, we arent trying in the cups anymore

so tell me what the **** point of complying with this FFP bullshit is? we arent qualifying for europe anytime soon, spend some money FFS get us top half, we'll have cleared out bent / given / nzogbia / hutton freeing up some more cash and then we can push from there, this scraping by flirting with relegation until we get rid of them and then investing is a complete waste of time

Because we are in a situation where the owner wants to recoup as much as possible before selling, his mistakes have become a burden, but his reward will be a healthy profit, as for the team? We won't compete for years now.
He will never get a profit. I suspect that if he could get his loss below £50m then he would probably cut and run.

But to do that he needs to find the next Carson Yeung

I feel your pain, I too question Lerner's judgement, so can see why you might feel he would **** up his next decision too - a new owner.
He won't have much choice, as I can't imagine that there will be a long queue.

His worst decision was buying the club in the first place. Give me Abramovic riches tomorrow and I wouldn't touch the Villa eith a bargepole.

I would, but I would make sure there are football people below me to make the decisions and that any plan that I set out, has a fall back, and that any manager I appoint is part of that plan.

And Boohoo for Lerner, awful judgement a lot it seems.

Ah, those mythical 'football people' .

What is a 'football person'?

Not Martin O'Neill, clearly.

Like these mythical bad chairman who will come in next.

i still dont get it, we're sitting in 11th and struggling to stay there, we arent trying in the cups anymore

so tell me what the **** point of complying with this FFP bullshit is? we arent qualifying for europe anytime soon, spend some money FFS get us top half, we'll have cleared out bent / given / nzogbia / hutton freeing up some more cash and then we can push from there, this scraping by flirting with relegation until we get rid of them and then investing is a complete waste of time

Because we are in a situation where the owner wants to recoup as much as possible before selling, his mistakes have become a burden, but his reward will be a healthy profit, as for the team? We won't compete for years now.
He will never get a profit. I suspect that if he could get his loss below £50m then he would probably cut and run.

I feel your pain, I too question Lerner's judgement, so can see why you might feel he would **** up his next decision too - a new owner.

His worst decision was buying the club in the first place. Give me Abramovic riches tomorrow and I wouldn't touch the Villa eith a bargepole.

I would, but I would make sure there are football people below me to make the decisions and that any plan that I set out, has a fall back, and that any manager I appoint is part of that plan.

Apparently the people Lerner cleared out were well respected in the game.

Which people? Names please?

@Imarsha_926

It's down to tactics. Lambert hasn't got a clue how to break down a team that sits back, and parks the bus, He talks about the lack of creativity in the teams, and sadly it's starts inside his head.

Lambert hasn't got the PLAYERS to break down a team that sits back. If we have the same problem next season then it is a serious issue. Right now Lambert deserves the time to try to correct this.

I disagree with the fact he doesn't have the players, and more the fact he doesn't know how to use them.

There are a number of different tactics he could use, but he is either too stubborn, or unwilling to change.

Yes. The fact is that he does have the players to break-down Sheffield United, no matter how much they are sitting back.

The window has only been open 4 days... jeez.

This problem was apparent during the last window.

He signed 7 players and sold 8!

@Imarsha_926

Enlighten us as to how to do this?

Like these mythical bad chairman who will come in next.

Oh there's plenty of bad chairmen, to varying degrees, so no myths there.

But I repeat the question. What is a 'football person'?

The window has only been open 4 days... jeez.

This problem was apparent during the last window.

He signed 7 players and sold 8!

What does that even mean? The need for creativity was apparent last summer (completely exposed during the Liverpool home game), he signed another striker instead.