Fulham 31 points and -42 GD:

Stoke Fulham

Fulham Crystal Palace

Norwich 32 points and -28 GD:

Man Utd 2-0 Norwich

Chelsea Norwich

Norwich Arsenal

We have 35 points and a -17 GD.  

I foresee maybe 3 more points at best for Norwich, meaning they will be unable to overtake us should that be the case.

Fulham could conceivably get 6 points from their next two game, which would give them 37.  Their fixtures are the best of the lot, albeit only two games remaining. You can't predict which way they're going to go at the moment. Should they draw or lose against Stoke then they too would be unable to overtake us.

Cardiff - potentially 6 more points at best for them, which they would need to overtake us. With Sunderland  having 4 games left, I think one of these two poses the biggest threat to putting us into the bottom 3.

One more point should be enough, but I wouldn't like to say for sure that we can get that in the next 3 games.

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 1

Norwich are 2-0 down at United as I post this so if they don't pick up anything there...

If we don't get any more points, and assuming out goal difference doesn't drop by 10, two of the following things would have to occur for us to go down:

• Norwich need a win and a draw from Chelsea (A) and Arsenal (H).
  • Fulham need two wins against Stoke (A) and Crystal Palace (H).
  • Cardiff need two wins from Sunderland (A), Newcastle (A) and Chelsea (H).
  • Sunderland need two wins (and possibly a draw depending on GD compared to us) from Cardiff (H), Manchester United (A), West Brom (H), Swansea (H).
  • Like 2

Thankfully the fact that Sunderland and Cardiff will face each other means I can't see two of those things happening. Stoke and Palace are tough teams to beat so I can't see Fulham winning both and I think Norwich are gone.

Edited by Isa

Thankfully the fact that Sunderland and Cardiff will face each other means I can't see two of those things happening. Stoke and Palace are tough teams to beat so I can't see Fulham winning both and I think Norwich are gone.

I hope you're right Isa.

My only worry is that both Stoke and Palace have nothing to play for now, so they may be coasting. I think Norwich are gone and if Fulham only manage a draw in their next game then they will finish below us. Sunderland need 2 wins and a draw in their last 4 games to overtake us.

It's going to be close.

How are we here again ffs. We are far from safe!! Sunderland have a game in hand and we have the momentum of a one legged duck. All Villa games should be played on Tuesdays so they stop ruining my **** weekends. 

• Like 1

How are we here again ffs. We are far from safe!! Sunderland have a game in hand and we have the momentum of a one legged duck. All Villa games should be played on Tuesdays so they stop ruining my **** weekends. 

They have Cardiff and West Brom all 3 cannot pick up 6 points

They have Cardiff and West Brom all 3 cannot pick up 6 points

They don't need to?? Sunderland win both and we need to start picking up points...

If Sunderland win or draw

Norwich - 4 points (Arsenal, Chelsea)

Fulham - 6 Points (Stoke, Crystal Palace)

​Cardiff - 6 Points (Chelsea, Newcastle)

You cannot get 5 points in 2 games so Fulham and Cardiff would need 2 wins from 2

Edited by lmarsha_926

If Sunderland win or draw

Norwich - 4 points (Arsenal, Chelsea)

Fulham - 6 Points (Stoke, Crystal Palace)

​Cardiff - 6 Points (Chelsea, Newcastle)

You cannot get 5 points in 2 games so Fulham and Cardiff would need 2 wins from 2

Its just a pity Everton didnt win today.

I hope you're right Isa.

My only worry is that both Stoke and Palace have nothing to play for now, so they may be coasting. I think Norwich are gone and if Fulham only manage a draw in their next game then they will finish below us. Sunderland need 2 wins and a draw in their last 4 games to overtake us.

It's going to be close.

That's true. I just think that both Hughes and Pulis have installed sufficient hard match-play in their sides that it will be a huge ask for Fulham to beat both.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1