The R word

villanwesty88

we are in big trouble guys. other sides are showing form and winning games. there's no way Norwich won't pick up points. they are a different side at home. a point won't be enough. Swansea is a must win

Or Hull. Personally I think 36 points will be enough.

we are in big trouble guys. other sides are showing form and winning games. there's no way Norwich won't pick up points. they are a different side at home. a point won't be enough. Swansea is a must win

Still in better form than Cardiff and Norwich who also have lost 6 away in a row

Still in better form than Cardiff and Norwich who also have lost 6 away in a row

Norwich yes. Cardiff have been playing well and won a game last week. We havent done that in  a while.

The one thing we do have on our side.. are the sides we have left are basically safe or are playing for nothing. Swansea and Hull have probably done enough and will pick up a win here and there. Man City are dead and buried in the title race. Tottenham will not be challenging for top 4.

So we may sneak another 0-0 draw along the way. I cant see us scoring too many. We dont keep too many clean sheets (lucky against Soton - esp with the penalty decision).

I can see a point against Swansea. Depending on Hull's result next week. if they are safe we may get another point there. Hopefully that will be enough.

Still can't believe people thought we weren't in this battle

We're in it more now, as we've picked up one point in five games. Five games ago, I think the people who were fairly confident that we wouldn't go down were right to think that.

I can't believe that a relegation thread gets made every season now, usually before Christmas, just because we're hanging around the 14th/ 15th position, in what we know is an extremely tight league.

We're in it more now, as we've picked up one point in five games. Five games ago, I think the people who were fairly confident that we wouldn't go down were right to think that.

I can't believe that a relegation thread gets made every season now, usually before Christmas, just because we're hanging around the 14th/ 15th position, in what we know is an extremely tight league.

The signs were always there though. No matter how tight the league might be, there were always signs were could go on a terrible run. This is the second time we have lost four and drawn one. We are not good enough, the budget is not good enough, the players are not good enough, our youth system is not as good as those in charge think. In fact, the only ones who thought it was good enough are Lerner, Faulkner and Lambert.

• Like 1

Hasn't it been fair to start that thread Rob? You said yourself that it's extremely tight, which means 14/15th is very much in it.

Before Christmas? I don't think it's needed.<br />

<br />

The league has been tight for ages, and people have been saying 'we're going down' since we had Houllier in charge, even though 2 wins later we end up 10th.<br />

<br />

There have always been 3 teams worse than us, and I don't think this season is any different.

Before Christmas? I don't think it's needed.<br />

<br />

The league has been tight for ages, and people have been saying 'we're going down' since we had Houllier in charge, even though 2 wins later we end up 10th.<br />

<br />

There have always been 3 teams worse than us, and I don't think this season is any different.

I don't think Cardiff, Sunderland and Fulham are worse than us. I actually think they are currently better than us, the difference was always Benteke - and even with him there isn't a big difference. Edited by dodgyknees

Not needed, no. But fair if you want to be pessimistic.

I don't believe in suffocating discussion. And if the most miserable ones have their own thread, maybe they'll leave the other threads alone. Maybe...

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 2

What a sorry state that were relying on 3 teams worse than us every season! I don't think we'll go down cus I can't see teams below us picking up enough points, fingers crossed anyway!

What a sorry state that were relying on 3 teams worse than us every season! I don't think we'll go down cus I can't see teams below us picking up enough points, fingers crossed anyway!

It is indeed. As much as Lambert can and should be blamed for certain things, the whole progression to this is down to two men - Lerner and Faulkner.

The signs were always there though. No matter how tight the league might be, there were always signs were could go on a terrible run. This is the second time we have lost four and drawn one. We are not good enough

The signs have been there pretty much all season. The squad has lacked strength in depth which is why action desperately needed to be taken in January. Add to that the fact the football we have produced for most of the season has been poor then many could see that we were always likely to catch a cold.

It is understandable that many of us fans couldn't see what was coming. It is however unforgivable that the manager seemed totally oblivious to it.

Since we beat Chelsea we have played like a team with nothing to play for. Even yesterday for the first 30 minutes you'd have thought it was us and not Southampton who had little really to play for.

It is that lack of being switched on and giving our all in the last few weeks that worries me. Against Stoke we were bullied all over the park. Against Fulham they arguably had better players but bottom line is they wanted it more, against Palace a team also not blessed with quality they won simply because they wanted it way more. Whilst we were content to see out the game and go through the motions they kept driving at us. Then yesterday when you think we'd come out 100mph closing down Southampton battling for every ball really giving it a go we started like it was a pre season friendly.

If we are to survive off our own doing then we immediately need to start giving our all and playing like a team that knows the severity of the situation it is in.

Edited by markavfc40

The signs were always there though. No matter how tight the league might be, there were always signs were could go on a terrible run. This is the second time we have lost four and drawn one. We are not good enough

The signs have been there pretty much all season. The squad has lacked strength in depth which is why action desperately needed to be taken in January. Add to that the fact the football we have produced for most of the season has been poor then many could see that we were always likely to catch a cold.

It is understandable that many of us fans couldn't see what was coming. It is however unforgivable that the manager seemed totally oblivious to it.

Since we beat Chelsea we have played like a team with nothing to play for. Even yesterday for the first 30 minutes you'd have thought it was us and not Southampton who had little really to play for.

It is that lack of being switched on and giving our all in the last few weeks that worries me. Against Stoke we were bullied all over the park. Against Fulham they arguably had better players but bottom line is they wanted it more, against Palace a team also not blessed with quality they won simply because they wanted it way more. Whilst we were content to see out the game and go through the motions they kept driving at us. Then yesterday when you think we'd come out 100mph closing down Southampton battling for every ball really giving it a go we started like it was a pre season friendly.

If we are to survive off our own doing then we immediately need to start giving our all and playing like a team that knows the severity of the situation it is in.

The original relegation thread from last year (October) predicted it spot on, especially the lack of quality biting us on the bottom. It was there to see, but it was ignored.

We have no attacking impact at the moment, with Benteke and Kozak injured none of our remaining 'strikers' have the ability to lead the line as our current tactics dictate.

I look at the failed signing of Wes Hoolahan as another reason for our current misfiring attack - someone like him would at least link up midfield and attack. Currently we have Albrighton spraying the penalty area with crosses with no one there to convert, if we had an attacking midfielder, we wouldn't have to rely on hoping a cross comes off.

Lerner should've authorised the signing of an AM in January IMO.

I'm absolutely petrified we'll drop at the minute. It's like the stars have aligned. I mean how the hell do Sunderland beat Chelsea? Swansea with a last minute pen!

We've got the bare bones of a squad at the moment, which doesn't look like scoring, the other results are going against us, the potential takeover hanging in the balance and to top it off the scousers have got the title in the bag.

We don't deserve this not again.