Sebastien Pocognoli

Villan4Life

http://www.der-sechzehner.de/hannover-96-sebastien-pocognoli-vor-dem-absprung-interesse-aus-england-am-belgier-20563.html

Beginning of the year showed an impressive Hannover 96 release of two million euros to Standar Liege for the services of Sebastien Pocognoli, wanted to reinforce with the coach Mirko Slomka the left side of defense. In his first year in the league but the Belgium national team could meet the expectations rarely and could now leave the club again.

Particularly in view of his chance to travel with Belgium for the 2014 World Cup to Brazil, Pocognoli can not really be happy with the commute between pitch, bank and grandstand. And 96 sports director Dirk Dufner shows a sale of 26-year-olds compared to quite open in "image": "If he thinks he has a club that makes him a better chance at the World Cup, he has to tell us that."

Interest there will be, among others, Aston Villa and West Ham United. In any case, the English Premier League, the objective of Pocognolis that could flush a seven-figure fee in the coffers of 96. Money that would be good in winter appear necessary transfers to face. At the moment, however, all personnel plans are put on hold. Well, because it is unclear whether Hannover coach Mirko Slomka goes into the second round or on the coaching job in the winter break sets a new impulse.

My mate is a Hannover fan and I go with him to Germany now and then to watch them. From what I've seen he's pretty good attacking wise but defensively gets caught out of position too often. IMO

Me  too.  I'll be at the Monchengladbach game to scout him.

I don't like the sound of "could meet the expectations rarely and could now leave the club again." and "From what I've seen he's pretty good attacking wise but defensively gets caught out of position too often."

I really, really, really don't want us to sign yet another dodgy left back. Is it too much to ask that we don't take such a gamble in that position and try to find someone that can actually defend?

Can we not just buy FBs who can defend? 

Can we just not have another FB like Mark Delaney or Bouma

quite worrying they are our last good players in them positions and they left in 2006 and 2010 :(

Linked in express now:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/449381/Aston-Villa-and-West-Ham-given-boost-in-pursuit-of-Hannover-s-Sebastien-Pocognoli

The club have announced that they will listen to any offers made for the Belgian international in the upcoming January transfer window.

The 26-year-old joined the Bundesliga outfit in the last winter window from Standard Liege and still has over two years remaining on his current contract.

But reports in Germany claim a host of Premier League clubs could be the full-back's next destination, with Villa and the Hammers known to be monitoring the player's availability.

And now Dufner admits that the club would consider any offer, if Pocognoli believes it would better his chances for the Belgium squad in the World Cup in Brazil next summer.

"If he [Pocognoli] comes up with a concrete offer, we will surely look into it," Dufner told Bild.

"If he thinks he is in touch with a club that offers him better chances to win a spot in the Belgium World Cup squad, then he should tell us about it."

Â