2014 FIFA World Cup

BOF

I thought the BBC always got the opening game? And I hate the fact that both channels always insist on screening the final. Just a pretty pathetic 'who will get more viewers' contest that the BBC always win.

I like it. It embarrasses ITV.

i don't, it means the BBC have this elevated opinion of themselves and consider it to be because they put on a better show, the reality is they put on a slightly better but still not good enough show and most people will prefer to watch it on BBC because they don't have adverts

no doubt the BBC will be building their own tv centre in a stunning Rio location rather than using the official one and sending out more people than every other country combined, spending my TV tax on a massive jolly 

I thought the BBC always got the opening game? And I hate the fact that both channels always insist on screening the final. Just a pretty pathetic 'who will get more viewers' contest that the BBC always win.

i don't, it means the BBC have this elevated opinion of themselves and consider it to be because they put on a better show, the reality is they put on a slightly better but still not good enough show and most people will prefer to watch it on BBC because they don't have adverts

no doubt the BBC will be building their own tv centre in a stunning Rio location rather than using the official one and sending out more people than every other country combined, spending my TV tax on a massive jolly 

I think the BBC have done reasonably well with their coverage in recent World Cups. Adding likeable pundits such as Leonardo, Seedorf and Desailly has helped them massively and I generally think they do a good job. I'm happy for my TV license money to be spent here.

Another reason why people watch the BBC over ITV is because we pay for the BBC through our taxes and TV license. ITV get their money through advertising and sponsorship. It's not just about the supposedly better coverage. People are more inclined to watch something if they paid for it.

Another reason why people watch the BBC over ITV is because we pay for the BBC through our taxes and TV license. ITV get their money through advertising and sponsorship. It's not just about the supposedly better coverage. People are more inclined to watch something if they paid for it.

Was going to say something similar myself.

Although on a personal note, that's not why I would choose BBC over ITV. I choose BBC because ITV are shite.

I'm halfway between Shillz and VfE. BBC's coverage isn't bad. But there's certainly a lot of room for improvement

I remember for the Beijing Olympics the BBC had more people out in China than Team GB.

That's it for me. ITV goes adverts ...players run out ...straight back to adverts. Why would someone watch that if they had a choice?

That's it for me. ITV goes adverts ...players run out ...straight back to adverts. Why would someone watch that if they had a choice?

True enough, but even ignoring the advert situation I think the BBC do a better job.

There's also less chance of having to put up with Roy Keane being a smug word removed.

True enough, but even ignoring the advert situation I think the BBC do a better job.

There's also less chance of having to put up with Roy Keane being a smug word removed.

It's like Sky News and BBC News Channel. The inferior product also has adverts.

I like Keane as a pundit and it's funny to watch him seething when the others are talking.

How does everyone rate Argentina's chances next summer? They seem to be one of the favourites, but their defence and goalkeeper are suspect.

Great strike force but nothing special other then that. As Mantis says, quarters most likely.

How does everyone rate Argentina's chances next summer? They seem to be one of the favourites, but their defence and goalkeeper are suspect.

Quarters, no further than that.

Argentina Brazil final for me if they don't meet before that.

assuming argentina win their group they'll then get switzerland / france then at a guess portugal / belgium in the quarters

i think they can get to the semis

is their defence that bad?

GK -Romero

RB - Zabaleta

CB - Otamendi

CB - Garay

LB - ???

they could drop mascherano in at CB too and peruzzi looks like he'll be a good RB, hasnt really happened for ansaldi at LB has it?

• Like 1