Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Yeah i cant see us having money. If we did. We wouldnt be after Hoolahan

Why not?

Lets just say we have the money and have identified targets.  Just because one of them cost £1M or so,  does not mean that others would not require more funds

That's a ridiculous argument kSV

How about last January. Sylla and Dawkins. Thats it.

Edited by KSV

Richard, I appreciate you are privy to info that the majority of us are not.  However, you can't blame fans for thinking that given our recent history.  Even you were dissapointed on how the manager has been backed thus far. 

Why not?

Lets just say we have the money and have identified targets.  Just because one of them cost £1M or so,  does not mean that others would not require more funds

Different times in our evolutionary scale and financial position

Just because it was then does not mean it will be now.

Why not?

Different times in our evolutionary scale and financial position

Just because it was then does not mean it will be now.

I might also add. Lack of interest from attending games. Lack of spending. Rumours the club is for sale. Randy just doesnt care anymore. Why would he spend anymore? I wouldnt. This is my opinion of course. Not arguing :)

Why not?  Let's say, for arguments sake, that we buy both Kiyotake and Hoolahan.

One is over 30, has already played in the PL and could be instantly dropped into the first team without having to adjust too much, the other is younger (more long term) and could be given time to adapt without needing to be an instant impact hero (i.e: Benteke last season).

Obviously not saying this is happening or anything, but it'd surely be a realistic approach?

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 3

Why not?  Let's say, for arguments sake, that we buy both Kiyotake and Hoolahan.

One is over 30, has already played in the PL and could be instantly dropped into the first team without having to adjust too much, the other is younger (more long term) and could be given time to adapt without needing to be an instant impact hero (i.e: Benteke last season).

Obviously not saying this is happening or anything, but it'd surely be a realistic approach?

Yeah i would agree. I just dont see it happening with Randy at the club anymore. Happy to be proven wrong!

Edited by KSV

I fully expect the James Milner argument to come up every couple of pages in the transfer window threads until he retires. Retires with a full trophy cabinet, 60 England caps and so much money he could buy a Caribbean island, because he stayed with Man City and didn't move back to Villa.

Richard, I appreciate you are privy to info that the majority of us are not.  However, you can't blame fans for thinking that given our recent history.  Even you were dissapointed on how the manager has been backed thus far. 

And still am chap.  Not sure even a meltdown signing will change that

Still it cant be that I cannot be slightly excited now at the potential  ( before I inflame any feelings of those concerned at any semblence of informed knowledge) signing of better players

Milner is an interesting one. We all know that Milner loved playing for England, and whilst he's in good form Man City, does he play enough to warrant a place in the England first 11 for the world cup? Im not so sure he does. So maybe he himself would be open to a loan move to play first team football. All just pure speculation of course, and I can't see it happening, but i could understand why milner may want a move in a world cup year.

That said villa would be the last place he'd join seeing as Woy never watches us.

Exactly - no point Milner coming here on loan to further his England career as he would fall victim to Hodgson's "no Villa players" policy.

To be fair, we don't rally have any players good enough for England in our squad so....

• Like 1

Still it cant be that I cannot be slightly excited now at the potential  ( before I inflame any feelings of those concerned at any semblence of informed knowledge) signing of better players

So what have you heard Richard? You have hinted it quite a bit. Have you heard we are after certain players? That we will spend money? or are you just optimistic and have not heard a thing?

Ignore them Richard, soldier on.

So what have you heard Richard? You have hinted it quite a bit. Have you heard we are after certain players? That we will spend money? or are you just optimistic and have not heard a thing?

We were linked with Coutinho and Sissoko January. We are always linked with good players or seem to be trying to get good players. It's what we end up with that counts. What have you seen or heard that convinces you we will actually be able to sign quality players this window?

Edited by TJVillan

Aston Villa FC reignite interest in Japanese International

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has really made a mark at the club since his arrival last season. The young Scottish manager surprisingly sanctioned the sale of majority of Villa’s experienced players in order to trim the club’s wage-bill and brought in younger players to nurture them into the first team.

After a difficult first season, the young Villa team seem to have become better from the experience of last year and Lambert’s men are currently occupying 11th place in the league. However, such is the nature of the Premier League this season that a couple of defeats could see a team in the top half being sucked into the relegation mire and Lambert is well aware of the fact that his team are not far away from danger.

Therefore, the 44-year old has publicly addressed his need to strengthen the side and perhaps bring in a couple of experienced players to carefully negate the danger of being sucked into the relegation battle.

Wes Hoolahan is a name that has been linked with a move to Villa Park recently and now according to some reports, Japanese International Hiroshi Kiyotake is also a target for Paul Lambert.

The FC Nürnberg star had been a target for Villa in the summer as well but the Premier League side were unsuccessful in luring the midfielder to the club. Lambert, who is an admirer of the 24-year old, is said to be looking to try his luck once again in acquiring the services of Kiyotake.

However, Villa should be ready to stump up a sizeable bid of around £8-10 million to tempt Nürnberg to part with Kiyotake as the German side are not interested in letting their their star player leave.

Kiyotake came to prominence at Cerezo Osaka in Japan, playing an important role in helping the club reach the quarter-finals of the AFC Champions League in 2011. Such performances caught the attention of Nürnberg and he eventually joined the German club last season.

The midfielder managed to impress for the club scoring 4 times and grabbing 10 assists. Kiyotake has been in impressive form this season as well, making 16 starts and scoring 2 goals. The 24-year old has been capped 22 times by the Japanese National team.

http://www.winnersports.co.uk/aston-villa-fc-reignite-interest-in-japanese-international-61884

Another person(s) talking about interest in Kiyotake again. Wouldn't surprise me if they were going off the J Soccer Magazine info but yeah, prepare for the articles to come thick and fast I reckon.

Edited by samjp26

Anybody got any news on the rumoured proposed permanent deal whereby Stoke  mug them selves off with signing Shiesha Ireland?

That self rip off might just  be the catalyst to us signing Melt down man.

If it is?

Get to it Clay Heads & I've got another `Pig In A Poke` for you too if your interested?

Tonev anyone?

Edited by villa-revolution

Â