Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I liked Wells when he played V us last season, looked bigger than Bradford at the time.

He looked bigger than them again this season and he could be an option.

Good 1st touch, good finisher, can run at players and has bags of confidence....yeah why would he be willing to sign for Villa.....lol

• Like 1

Someone call the BBC, I think Lambert might have problem.

Britain's Biggest Hoarders meets Paul Lambert - "I have a problem collecting strikers and it's affecting my job"

Does he have the ability to make it in the premier league though its a big step up

We already have a few tryhards in the squad that are not good enough for the premier league

Edited by AshVilla

I doubt Nakhi Wells would anywhere near a starter, but if we've been watching him and know other clubs have to, we've probably decided to get in now while we can.

This summer, who knows which strikers could leave, Benteke almost certainly if his form picks up, Weimann, if he continues in this dire form, Gabby, HUGE wage packet and plays maybe 10 good games a season

Might be a complete clear out on the striker front.

Lambert preparing for next season in the Championship, what a **** clown.

Opinion presented as fact based on a rumour.  Nicely done  :rolleyes:

#journalists

I doubt Nakhi Wells would anywhere near a starter, but if we've been watching him and know other clubs have to, we've probably decided to get in now while we can.

This summer, who knows which strikers could leave, Benteke almost certainly if his form picks up, Weimann, if he continues in this dire form, Gabby, HUGE wage packet and plays maybe 10 good games a season

#journalists

Haha can't wait till he is presented outside BH and its shown on SSN ;)

#journalists

Whether it's true or not is moot, as you called Lambert a "**** clown" based on the rumour.

If Wells does indeed turn out to be a Villa player, surely one would be more critical of PL were he to be the only signing of the window.

Signed alongside players that would improve the side could be seen as a decent gamble - with other mitigating criteria.

But why wait? Let's all react now shall we?

#journalists

Whether it's true or not is moot, as you called Lambert a "**** clown" based on the rumour.

If Wells does indeed turn out to be a Villa player, surely one would be more critical of PL were he to be the only signing of the window.

Signed alongside players that would improve the side could be seen as a decent gamble - with other mitigating criteria.

So I can't call the manager who IMO will take us down this season that, sorry :)

Nakhi Wells? Mind blowing.

Wells would be an orson signing!

There's certainly a touch of evil about a man who makes puns like that.

I think a better signing would be Danny Rose, bud.

Edited by StanBalaban

#journalists

So I can't call the manager who IMO will take us down this season that, sorry :)

Mindblowing.

• Like 1

#journalists

Call him what you want based on what he's done for sure. Can't call him a "**** clown" because of a transfer rumour that hasn't materialised yet and has no context with other signings to be made this window.

It's the reason for a slagging, not the slagging itself.

• Like 2

I don't get the hate surrounding any potential signing of Nakhi Wells. Of course we need a couple more experienced players but we will still look to bring in young talent too. Wells scores goals. He has good technique, he's very quick and seems pretty composed. I think he'd make a very good low cost low risk signing. The only risk would be if he was our if he came in at the expense of a player that could help our team immediately. Which clearly won't happen as Lambert has come out and said "we need experience" and "we need a number 10".

Wells is certainly a much better signing than say Bowery, who never scored goals even in league 2. Wells scored plenty last season and is the 2nd top scorer in League 1 this season having missed several games. Who knows how he would do in the Premier League but it is worth taking a chance on him.

• Like 4

#journalists

Mindblowing.

What is *mind-blowing?? Also StanBalaban you said "What he's done for sure", what has he done, so far this season he has produced a worst style of football than McLeish did, I never thought that was possible. 

Regarding Wells, I haven't got anything bad to say about the kid, I'm more concerned by the fact we are looking at signing players from League One. Funds should be utilised towards more experienced signings e.g. Defour and Lescott.

Edited by Avflife

#journalists

Mindblowing.

What is *mind-blowing?? Also StanBalaban you said "What he's done for sure", what has he done, so far this season he has produced a worst style of football than McLeish did, I never thought that was possible. 

Regarding Wells, I haven't got anything bad to say about the kid, I'm more concerned by the fact we are looking at signing players from League One. Funds should be utilised towards more experienced signings e.g. Defour and Lescott.

Have you not heard about the cost cutting and reduced wage bill by Randy Lerner?

#journalists

Mindblowing.

My point revolves around you slagging him off purely for the rumour of signing Wells. Not for the style of football.

If he signs Nakhi Wells and only Nakhi Wells, I too will think he's lost the plot. If he signs Nakhi Wells as well as other experienced and quality players, then that would be seen to be a good transfer window.

Edited by StanBalaban

#journalists

Mindblowing.

Have you not heard about the cost cutting and reduced wage bill by Randy Lerner?

Indeed I've heard about it, but its getting to a stage where the cost cutting from RL due to MON's unlicensed spending is looking like it could cost us our Premiership stature. My opinion is a general status, not just regarding the transfer policy, I'm actually embarrassed to watch games involving Villa atm.

Edited by Avflife

Â