Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

De Bruyne in my opinion will have better offers than us.. can't see that happening.

Nor Anderson... Nor Richards.

none of them are coming to us why are people talking rubbish the most we will spend in jan will be 2 million I sent pat murphy a message on twitter he says villa have no money to spend and lambert knows that

Ah yes Pat Murphy, that chap who's far more ITK than our own (proven) HairyHands who says we're looking to get loans in as well as a creative midfielder.

When did HH say we were after loans and an ACM? No doubting just don't come on here very often.

Hairyhands told me in a PM that there is £3-£4m tops available and we may also bring in a loan signing. He also openly stated on this forum that Lambert knows that we need a creative midfielder and a defensive midfielder in the Wanyama mould, to add some height to that area of the team.

At this stage I'd take any signing in January. I think we are going to have to rely on Benteke getting back on form for us to stay up.

That would require at least 3 of the other out of form players getting back to their best.  Gabby and Weimann and Westwood need to improve dramatically over the next few months.  Lambert for whatever reason is loathed to dropping them so our only hope is that those guys click. 

Genuinely haven't a clue who we might bring in though.  HH intimated that we are looking at one option on loan; unless that person is Wayne Rooney then I don't really see the point? 

De Bruyne in my opinion will have better offers than us.. can't see that happening.

Nor Anderson... Nor Richards.

none of them are coming to us why are people talking rubbish the most we will spend in jan will be 2 million I sent pat murphy a message on twitter he says villa have no money to spend and lambert knows that

Ah yes Pat Murphy, that chap who's far more ITK than our own (proven) HairyHands who says we're looking to get loans in as well as a creative midfielder.

When did HH say we were after loans and an ACM? No doubting just don't come on here very often.

Hairyhands told me in a PM that there is £3-£4m tops available and we may also bring in a loan signing. He also openly stated on this forum that Lambert knows that we need a creative midfielder and a defensive midfielder in the Wanyama mould, to add some height to that area of the team.

So a poor mans Wanyama & a poor mans Cabaye for a combined fee of £4m and on £20k tops.

Is it realistic to find this and do I have confidence in Lambert doing this in january?

Simple answer: No

Think a loan bid for Jelavic from Everton could be something to consider. May just be able to re-capture his form from a couple of seasons back.

Do we need another striker?
Do we need another striker that offers little and needs chances served up to him?

And who is out of form. Have enough of them players

HH just mentioned in Lambert thread that Lambert is now going to go out and buy experienced players in Jan who won't buckle under the pressure. Rumours that Lerner has gave Lambert more cash may be true.

Or were going to tempt Gavin mcann out of retirement

• Like 1

HH just mentioned in Lambert thread that Lambert is now going to go out and buy experienced players in Jan who won't buckle under the pressure. Rumours that Lerner has gave Lambert more cash may be true.

Or were going to tempt Gavin mcann out of retirement

Don't take my hope away

Would like see experience but few younger gems to pluck:

Callum Wilson of Coventry!! Surely better option for goals than say Bowery.. Has 15 this season, 21 years old and reports are he is similar to a young Jermain Defoe... Could prob get him for 500k due to Coventrys financial issues..

Joe Lolley of Kidderminster is another to look at, and the kid is a Villa Fan

Obviously both wouldn't start for us.. but time off bench and i think could have 2 gems...

• Like 1

I think we will be in for Joe Ledley. Palace are already sounding him out. He won't cost a crazy amount as he is out of contract in summer and Celtic will sell as they are not in CL. Only thing is he may sit on his contract to the summer. Maybe a Loan to then?

Priority for me is two new midfield players to play with delph.

Get them and vlaar and benteke 100% fit and we should see a difference.

Precisely 1 DM and 1 AM.

Would agree with this and also add in a left sided defender who can play both left back and centre back. I'd then offer out Baker, Stevens and Bennett to anyone who would be stupid enough to take them.

Â