Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Etienne Capoue or Lewis Holtby on loan anyone? or even perm?both have been dropped to play with Spurs Youth Team by Sherwood

How do you know they have been dropped?

It's on articles around the net, they played in a Youth game

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/spurs/news/capoue-holtby-dropped-to-spurs-reserves_126331.html

Sherwood has been named permanent manager at White Hart Lane after overseeing a 3-2 win over Southampton this weekend, having previously been put in caretaker charge following the sacking of Andre Villas-Boas.

Despite fellow midfielders Sandro and Paulinho being unavailable, Capoue and Holtby were unused substitutes at St Mary's Stadium, with Sherwood opting to hand 19-year-old rookie Nabil Bentaleb a Premier League debut when Moussa Dembele was forced off injured after 50 minutes.

It also appears unlikely that either will start in the Boxing Day clash with West Bromwich Albion, having played a half for Tottenham's youth team in a 2-2 draw with Brighton & Hove Albion on Monday.

Capoue was one of Spurs' seven summer signings, having joined them in an £8.6m deal from Toulouse, and had impressed in his initial outings before being sidelined for two months with a knee injury.

Holtby was in and out of Villas-Boas's starting lineup, and has made 11 top-flight appearances this season, but has failed to establish himself since arriving in a £2.5m switch from Schalke last January.

• Like 1

Good little find Villan4Life! Wonder if there is some truth in it and they may be available. I'd probably suggest a loan deal would be more realistic for Holtby as I would imagine he is on a hefty wage. I don't really have that much interest in Capoue - don't know why really.

Edited by Tayls

I wouldn't bring in anyone, unless the deal is very good or it's a loan till the end of season.

We can stay up with these players we have. No question about it.

I'd hate to use our limited purchase power into something just to be safe.

Of course, I presume we get better offers in the summer. Which is not necessarily so.

Just don't panic Lambert.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 2

Wouldn't make an immediate impact as he'd be one for the future (So potentially a summer signing) but Villa scouts have been at a lot of Cheltenham Town youth games this season watching a kid called Zack Kotwica.....he's only 17 and quite a few clubs have been scouting him.

He looks like he could have potential but doesn't fit into the Cheltenham team as they are a very central playing team and he is a fast winger (So very Villa-esque).... Because he doesn't fit into the team he would be dirt cheap too, they tend to let players go very cheap and their record fee received is 400k. Just been sent out on loan to Gloucester City (Conference North).

Back to Villa in general, I'm hoping we sign a couple of players in Jan (Keeping optimistic haha) with a bit of experience would be good too.

Is it just me who hasn't seen Holtby play much? I just feel we need a proven centre back and a creative midfielder on loan if we have no budget left for transfers.

Holtby is definitely a creative midfielder who we desperately need imo. I would love him to come here even if it was on loan. We need some spark at the moment. Him or De Byrune would be good pick ups. 

Yeah, Milner back would be great. Would be quite stunned if it happens, though.

What about the new PL-star Peter Whittingham? A great player I've heard, and according to very reliable sources he's desperate to come here and we want him. Not really sure what's taking so long, though...

He looks very good indeed, but id be surprised if he was let go of. Id sh*t my pants if these reliable sources are genuinely reliable and he actually arrives.

I wouldn't bring in anyone, unless the deal is very good. Or a loan till the end of season.

We can stay up with these players we have. No question about it.

I'd hate to use our limited purchase power into something just to be safe.

Of course, I presume we get better offers in the summer. Which is not necessarily so.

Just don't panic Lambert.

I do agree with this, but having said that if we can get someone we'd look at in the summer anyway then why not? 

Tom there's an argument to be had saying why not spend the summer budget in January if the right players are available but I doubt that will happen and fans would shit a brick if we spent no money in the summer.

No way in hell id suggest spending the summer budget in january and not spending in the summer!

OMG HOLTBY WOULD BE A DREAM!!! Spurs are being total idiots when it comes to Holtby. This guy is so full of energy and really works his ass off for the team. Also got a real eye for those killer passes! Unfortunately he may be going back to Germany remember reading something about Schalke being interested to buy him back as Draxler replacement in case he leaves..

Â