Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Kiyotake is young talent as well though.

True but he has proven himself in a half decent league last season. I mean more of this searching the lower leagues in france and holland etc. Which is what we have been doing for some time now.

• Like 1

he only just went there cant see him leaving. belgian may be good for benteke too. kiyotake is too expensive for our budget unfortuntarely

In the Summer just gone maybe Kiyo was too expensive, but Nurnberg haven't won a single game all season after 16 matches. They're 2nd bottom of the league and are probably going to get relegated in all honesty. Of course I guess you could argue that maybe that means we shouldn't get Kiyotake, but if Lambert did want him I think we'd have a bit more bargaining power now.

As for Pocognoli you're right he has only been there for literally not even a year, went there in January, but it seems like his agent is fishing. His agent is the agent of a few Belgians that play in England it seems so maybe he is trying to orchestrate a move that will benefit his World Cup place.

The sad thing is.. Kiyotake is exactly what we need and his wages wont be astronomical. We are let down by our owner who wont back his manager anymore. Letting him sign a player who isnt as good as the budget is only 3 million pounds. You pay for what you get sometimes.

Maybe if we could get them to settle for say £6m, Lerner might agree to doing it. I dunno, I guess we'll see but I definitely think there was something in it in the Summer so maybe it could be revived. I agree that he is the type of player we need.

When will the majority realise even if lambert wanted young he couldn't come close to affording him. Nowhere near it. Suggest the names in this post should be more realistic. Pron end up having to loan and even then only if it doesn't cost too much in wages

Is it really that bad?

From £3m to bring a creative midfielder in, an already low figure, to 'probably end up having to loan but even then only if we can get the wages on the cheap' - honestly, knowing that you know what you're on about, that has kinda hit home for me. 

Still will wait until January is over before judging, but if what you are saying does come true then I really do fear for the future of the club.

This Lerner fellow is starting to annoy me.

I agree. 

As much as I thank him for putting as much as he has into the club and I know he has given Lambert £40m or whatever figure it is, that amount has had to buy near enough a complete new squad. Now the squad is complete we should be adding quality to it and improving it, instead it sounds as if we can't even afford to loan another player let alone purchase one. 

If this is the case then we may as well just close this thread.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 2

When will the majority realise even if lambert wanted young he couldn't come close to affording him. Nowhere near it. Suggest the names in this post should be more realistic. Pron end up having to loan and even then only if it doesn't cost too much in wages

Doesn't this scare people? Something has to be done about the owner before he cuts again. Awful.

• Like 1

I heard lambert returned to Scotland today trying to see where that magic wand of his is!

Nobody seems to have commented on this posted by HH in the Lambert thread.

Who could he be hinting at... Gauld? I try to make a point of not watching the Scottish league so I have no idea who the creative players are in that league.

Doesn't this scare people? Something has to be done about the owner before he cuts again. Awful.

Terrified, it's like we're preparing for the championship.  All I have heard for 4 years is wages, wages, wages.  Pathetic.

We must have one of the smallest wage bills in the league now.

• Like 1

Terrified, it's like we're preparing for the championship.  All I have heard for 4 years is wages, wages, wages.  Pathetic.

People keep saying this but I doubt it's true. We've still got people like Ireland on 60k, Hutton on 35k, Given on 50k, N'Zogbia on 60k and Gabby on 60k (or thereabouts, although obviously the latter isn't part of the bomb squad(.

I am gonna send a letter to lerner and ask if he can give us more money

Dear Fascist Bully Boy

Give me some money you Bastard

May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman

Love

Villa Fans

quite apt considering our policy regarding youth....

People keep saying this but I doubt it's true. We've still got people like Ireland on 60k, Hutton on 35k, Given on 50k, N'Zogbia on 60k and Gabby on 60k (or thereabouts, although obviously the latter isn't part of the bomb squad(.

It's a great excuse, I'll give Randy that.

Â