Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

Tonev has made some ok runs down the left but his crossing has been dreadful and that shot when he had two forwards either side in what appeared to be a 3 on 2 situation was unforgivable.

Kozak just looks far too slow for this league. If you're slow but have tonnes of ability then you can get away with it. If you're slow and do not have much ability, like Kozak, you're going to fail miserably in this league. I really have no idea why we signed him. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I've stuck up for Tonev a bit on here - but that spank 30 yards over when Benteke could have been played in was **** criminal. He's barely tracked back all game. **** off, son. 

Our defence looks so much better. Vlaar has been excellent again. A real shame we won't see him and Okore together this season.

Our midfield is absolute shite. They don't have an idea in possession and it's horrible to watch. I don't have a clue what Lambert instructs them. They pass backwards or sideways. They don't make a forward run. They don't create chances. I hope they heard the boos. I hate watching them.

The players on the pitch don't deserve Benteke, let alone to play for Aston Villa. Guzan, Vlaar, Bacuna and Clark excluded.

Not sure what Lambert is going to do... That bench is appalling. Robinson, anyone?

I'd throw Robinson on myself, why not, give the lad something to go and fight for.

Fair play, thanks for posting that.

This bit was interesting:

"Lambert has had £43 million to spend over the last 2 seasons and it is up to him how he spends it"

Is this our brand of football? Seems to be getting worse

It's as bad as I've seen in the last 12 years.

The financial restrictions are crippling us, we cannot buy any players who can come in and make a difference now. We look like a team who spent £10m.

I know we've got injuries but Vlaar, Clark and Odemwingie should not be our best players at home against Cardiff. I don't know how much longer I can stay positive for with this sort of football..

Let's get together and put pressure on the chairman. We need to see money spent on players who can come into the first team straight away.

And yet some people insist Lambert has a plan in place and needs 5 years to bring it to fruition. Do you want to wait that long?

Show me a manager who can work wonders with £10m.

I've stuck up for Tonev a bit on here - but that spank 30 yards over when Benteke could have been played in was **** criminal. He's barely tracked back all game. **** off, son. 

Our defence looks so much better. Vlaar has been excellent again. A real shame we won't see him and Okore together this season.

Our midfield is absolute shite. They don't have an idea in possession and it's horrible to watch. I don't have a clue what Lambert instructs them. They pass backwards or sideways. They don't make a forward run. They don't create chances. I hope they heard the boos. I hate watching them.

The players on the pitch don't deserve Benteke, let alone to play for Aston Villa. Guzan, Vlaar, Bacuna and Clark excluded.

Not sure what Lambert is going to do... That bench is appalling. Robinson, anyone?

Helenius should come on at half time for Tonev.

How Lambert can think of not playing NZogbia again is beyond me. Benteke is probably the only player better than him. Ok he can be lazy, but is it not Lamberts job to change that. For me I cant wait till he is back on the field.

zog is unpredictable but at least he gets his head down and goes at players instead of whacking 40 yard diagonals to the big men,

merson just said bannan has been excellent in the first half for palace.........

How Lambert can think of not playing NZogbia again is beyond me. Benteke is probably the only player better than him. Ok he can be lazy, but is it not Lamberts job to change that. For me I cant wait till he is back on the field.

N'Zogbia is currently injured, return date "unknown", so this' is not an issue.

Well its hardly surprising is it? I said yesterday that kozak starting would singal our intentions and be exactly the same as the cardiff game. 40% posession at home to cardiff a newly promoted team is absolutely unacceptable so is 7 hours without a goal.

The only real footballer in this team is benteke and he cant do it all on his own.

People complaining but 2/3 of our regular attack is injured. Our most influential midfielder is also injured along with both our recognised left backs.

We should be cruising this 5-0!

Weimann, Gabby and Delph aren't Lambert signings.