What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Wowsers! 
I couldn’t imagine having so much money that I’d spend £35k on a different colour on my car (I appreciate it’s a special colour, but still).

I guess if you can afford a EV for £280k, 35k ain't gonna make you blink too much.

Update, been told if you did have it, there is a safety aspect, being, it would come with silver reflective strips fitted on the sides.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Wowsers! 
I couldn’t imagine having so much money that I’d spend £35k on a different colour on my car (I appreciate it’s a special colour, but still).

I'm with you, but it's not (just) a ridiculous mark up to keep the riff-raff away, Vantablack isn't just some normal paint, the tech of using carbon nano tubes is bloody expensive.

And said to absorb a huge amount of heat, so I hope it's got good air con :) 

I'd be very interested to see what that car looks like passing a junction at night or parked up on the side of a road. There are a lot of cool and fun uses for Vantablack. Covering a road car in it seems very, very stupid to me. But my car is bright orange, so what do I know.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yep. It's a black car. I've got one of them. 

It looks like someone glued black felt to to a car. It’s a no from me. I’m sure the Man United training ground car park will be full of it though.

• Like 1

The artist Anish Kapoor owned the exclusive rights to Vanta black which was once the blackest black available (but no longer so).

That Kapoor as an artist wanted to restrict access to a ‘colour’ so upset some other artists, that Stuart Sempler created the pinkest pink, and licensed it so it was free to use to the whole world, except Anish Kapoor.

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

The artist Anish Kapoor owned the exclusive rights to Vanta black which was once the blackest black available (but no longer so).

That Kapoor as an artist wanted to restrict access to a ‘colour’ so upset some other artists, that Stuart Sempler created the pinkest pink, and licensed it so it was free to use to the whole world, except Anish Kapoor.

I was wondering if this was "that" black. 

Edited by sidcow

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

It looks like someone glued black felt to to a car

I've read (similarly to the pinkest pink described above) that the full effect is just impossible to fully appreciate via photos/videos because the recording and display equipment we're using can't capture or display the colours adequately - never seen it in the flesh though - what do you reckon @foreveryoung?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I was wondering if this was that black. 

Yes, that’s the one.

It’s now standing as the 4th blackest black, behind Black 2.0, Black 3.0, and Black 4.0

£35,000 to have your wankpanzer in the 4th blackest black available.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yep. It's a black car. I've got one of them. 

It's blacker than black and blacker than yours. 😂

as someone has said.looks different in real life. The one I saw was under the lights and had hardly any reflection.

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yes, that’s the one.

It’s now standing as the 4th blackest black, behind Black 2.0, Black 3.0, and Black 4.0

£35,000 to have your wankpanzer in the 4th blackest black available.*

*so far :D 

• Like 1

Something someone said to me the other day reminded it’s a regular flex that seems to get said a lot.

Bloke I know was talking about his millionaire boss and that he had an Audi R8 years ago, then said “it was the second one in the country”.

It made me think I’ve heard that sort of story a few times and it’s impossible to verify.

Rich person had the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or whatever car “off the boat”. 

Imagine spending extra money on the colour on the outside of a car, when to use it you have to be on the inside, staring at the arse end of a 15 year old Civic some kid has dropped, and covered in a matt black wrap.

I loved cars when I was a kid, then one day I realised that for me they were essentially white goods.

I pay more attention to fuel economy and speaker quality now. I think that would be the genuine heartbreak for me, if I bought a car and the stereo was less good than in the previous car. I’ve never tried to get to 65mph in 6 seconds*, I’ve never felt the need to drive up a grassy hill, I rarely fire a crossbow at the doors. But I do like a decent stereo.

*not strictly true I did drag race my partner’s VW Beetle and blew it up. Years later, I blew up their 3 day old Nissan Tino doing the same thing but in Morrisons car park.

spacer.png

Above: the moment I got the idea of joining the ‘run what ya brung’ drag racing fraternity.

Below: a quiet moment of reflection, working out how I explain what just happened to their 1971 dub called Barney.

spacer.png

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Imagine spending extra money on the colour on the outside of a car, when to use it you have to be on the inside, staring at the arse end of a 15 year old Civic some kid has dropped, and covered in a matt black wrap.

I loved cars when I was a kid, then one day I realised that for me they were essentially white goods.

I pay more attention to fuel economy and speaker quality now. I think that would be the genuine heartbreak for me, if I bought a car and the stereo was less good than in the previous car. I’ve never tried to get to 65mph in 6 seconds*, I’ve never felt the need to drive up a grassy hill, I rarely fire a crossbow at the doors. But I do like a decent stereo.

*not strictly true I did drag race my partner’s VW Beetle and blew it up. Years later, I blew up their 3 day old Nissan Tino doing the same thing but in Morrisons car park.

spacer.png

Above: the moment I got the idea of joining the ‘run what ya brung’ drag racing fraternity.

Below: a quiet moment of reflection, working out how I explain what just happened to their 1971 dub called Barney.

spacer.png

Haha. I used to insure Santa Pod. I ways smiled at the run what you brung moniker. 

• Like 1

Painting a car in a colour that basically doesn't reflect any light, therefore making it very hard to see in the dark, is probably not a great idea.

Cool flex though. I'm so rich I can spend the cost of an additional mid range saloon on paint that makes it much more likely I'll have a crash if I drive it after sunset or anywhere without very good street lights.

Edited by Chindie

Â