Battlefield 4

villarule123

I noticed it quite a bit when i was playing singel player, but in multiplayer it wasnt too bad.

Running 50% smoothing without any probs! The only real bugs i noticed was that the sound effects dropped for a round or two, is it fixable? and the stats menu buggered up once. Not too bad :)

Forgot how slow it was to get all the weps, this is going to be long.

• 2 weeks later...

Lapal you seem to be pretty good at bf4. Im trying but its a bit overwhelming at the moment. Any tips?

After a massive break from Bf3 i found it overwhelming coming back to Bf4 and playing conquest. Started playing rush and got the feeling for it. Now conquest (64 players) is the only game mode i can play.

Maybe do what my mate does and just pick 2-3 flags and stay and defend them. He finds that if he sticks to defending his set flags he does much better.

• Like 1

Hey man, just got your message.

I'm ok at BF. but it's more or less the only game I play.

When people are new to BF, I always tell them to watch this video - even 4 years on, it's still 90% accurate;

Next, DO NOT PLAT TDM - the spawn system is random, this means that while you can and probably will at some point, get an awesome kill streak going - more often than not, you will perform a great flank, only for an enemy to spawn behind you and finish you before you get a chance to do anything.

When choosing a gun, think of them as tools.  Are you playing a huge conquest map? - If so, then do you want a high rate of fire gun? Or do you go with something with a slower rate of fire, but a more accurate and probably more punch gun? - Use your melon.  Seeing people with 20x scopes on TDM or Domination is hilarious, because they always do badly against assault rifles etc.

ALWAYS SPOT - its R1 on PS4, select on PS3 - I do not know on the Xbox's.

Use your head (again) - Always play for the objective, that doesn't necessarily mean charge to a flag without looking whats around before hand, you'll be dead in seconds before you do anything.  But think about potential dangers.  Is the flag you're going to capture in enemy hands? If so, there's obviously enemies around that area, you don't sit still, neither will they.

If you are capturing an objective, never sit in one place - there is always a place to be shot from.  Instead, move slightly around cover.  It's not cheating to stand behind a box if you know an enemy is coming at you.  You're protecting your whole body and making it harder for them to kill you.

If you see people coming up to you, and you're a medic (assault) or ammo (support) guy, they either want health or ammo - please drop it, quickly!

Do not be the recon who sits in your own spawn, shooting 5/6 people in a 20+ minute game.  If you're going to recon, but you're not good enough to play aggressively, then defend an objective.  If you can keep enemies away from an objective, you're actually doing a good job for your team.  

If you want further help, the following people are very informative Youtubers;-

Lvlcap - your go-to for all thing battlefield, the guy is a bit of a nerd, but what he says is right.  You also get good information on weapons in his Weapon guide videos

Jackfrags - he plays lots of games, mostly BF4.  He's from Stafford and is entertaining, but informative.  His "Do you know battlefield?" series is very useful.

The Russian Badger - He's mostly just entertaining, but occasionally he'll do a "class guide", which shows you all the weapons in each class (assault, support, recon & engineer).

Matimio - Similar to Lvlcap, but slightly more entertaining.

There are loads more, but they are the 4 I have learnt most from.

If you're on PS4, add me (lapalfan) and we'll have a few games.

Hope this helps Dubbs!! :D 

• Like 1

I'm ready for Battlefield 5 already. Such a shambles.

And this is why they don't give a shit.

You see this, and instead of thinking that their products are best avoided, you can't wait to buy their next attempt to **** you up the arse?

Even though bf4 is a complete mess. It's still the best fps out there imo.

When you day that it's the best fps game what are you comparing it to? What's the full field of titles you're squaring it up against?

Curious because I've heard that a lot from people who are only actually comparing to cod, killzone and a handful of others. There's more than that out there

Imo, the best fps is and always will be Q3, its so good on every level :) in modern games i recon bf is up there in the top. I havent had any probs with bugs on my ps4 maybe im just lucky. Was a massive geek and have played most fps games, even if the interest has dwindeld the last couple of years i still play a fair bit. I agree with pieface

I've totally ditched COD for BF now. Always been a Battlefield fan, but all my mates used to love COD, i have converted them!

I think Battlefield is more my style. I'm all about objectives and getting 3-4 friends together to take bases is just the best. Still have friends that say there isn't much action on Battlefield. My last two games were 58 kills 2 deaths and 32 kills 12 deaths. No action my arse :P

I'm ready for Battlefield 5 already. Such a shambles.

And this is why they don't give a shit.

You see this, and instead of thinking that their products are best avoided, you can't wait to buy their next attempt to **** you up the arse?

Even though bf4 is a complete mess. It's still the best fps out there imo.

When you day that it's the best fps game what are you comparing it to? What's the full field of titles you're squaring it up against?

Curious because I've heard that a lot from people who are only actually comparing to cod, killzone and a handful of others. There's more than that out there

I'm a big fan of multiplayer FPS. The ones i've tried over the past few years have been COD, BF, Counter Strike, Planetside, Halo, Crysis. That's probably it. BF is the best out of those imo. 

If you think there's better i'm all ears.

Edited by PieFacE

Counter Strike is by far the best (IMO) but despite having the game for 10 years, I am still shit at it, like - really really shit. I cheer everytime I get a kill I'm that bad.

Yeah I do agree. BF is just more enjoyable, less waiting around...specially if you're like me and die early. I used to just hang around and hide and then go looking for people when they had low health haha. CS:GO was a pretty decent game too. I hope they make another version of it with source 2.0. 

Maybe I've just played too much BF over the years. It's just not as fun for me. If you've never played it and switched over from COD, I can see how it can be a revelation but BF4 doesn't really make anything that more interesting. We already 64 player servers back in the day and the Levolution thing is pretty crap. Only Siege of Shanghai actually makes a strategical difference for it.

I think I'll pass on BF5

Â