The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

I'd agree wholeheartedly Snowy - it looks like we have labour MP's that are happy to go to war just to make their leaders position weaker and labour MP's that are happy to threaten others in order to force the party line. Both of which are despicable. 

• Like 4

The conservative party do have a majority don't they? I have understood the outcome of the last election correctly?

The conservatives aren't having a free vote are they?

Why the interest in Labour? Or are there a significant number of terrorist sympathisers currently sitting on the government benches?

What silly language to try and 'debate' with.

As for putting pressure on Labour MP's, perhaps they need to be told that the only poll on public opinion generally, shows a pretty much 50/50 split within acceptable tolerances (a new untested polling company the only one that has taken place recently). Also, that 75% of Labour party members don't want an escalation of UK involvement in Syria. Given that the public are undecided, Labour members are against it, the leader of the party is against it and some tory MP's are against it, I'd be quite keen to hear the reason why some Labour MP's are quite so keen to bomb.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Given that the public are undecided, Labour members are against it, the leader of the party is against it and some tory MP's are against it, I'd be quite keen to hear the reason why some Labour MP's are quite so keen to bomb.

You'll get the opportunity tomorrow if you've taken the day off or erm are working from home. ;)

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Which ones are?

And the quote is being carried by all of the major news outlets, so I'd assume so.

Corbyn and McDonnell.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I can't find that story anywhere - where's it being reported?

Telegraph. Was part of a larger article on the vote. Labour MPs voting in favour have also been threatened with de-selection by Momentum activists.

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, just so I understand this correctly Mr Cameron, the people of Canada and the people of Australia are terrorist sympathisers?

Cameron's comments tonight are absolutely disgraceful, he should be ashamed in private and shamed in public.

do people of Canada and Australia walk through the lobbies at Westminster ?  As I understand it he said " "You don't want to walk through the lobbies with Jeremy Corbyn and a bunch of terrorist sympathisers."  ...so he's talking specifically about Labour MP's

I agree it is a crass statement unbecoming of a PM  , although it is also factually correct  , but I don't think either party has covered themselves in any glory these past few days ... This isn't about Syria anymore (if it ever was)  it's about trying to exploit divisions in the Labour party ..

17 hours ago, blandy said:

No I call him ham face, because he has a shiny, ham-like, face. he looks like he's got a face made of made of ham. Here's some ham, so you can see. 

Xmas-Ham-On-the-Bone-small-e141292017648

The whole tawdry piggy head todger shenanigans may or may not be true, but they're not what gave him his hammy face.....or are they....:detect: 

David-Cameron-at-prime-mi-011.jpg?w=620&

look - he's all hammy.

I hate that David Cam

His ideas are all mistaken

His face is the colour of old ham

And his todger smells of bacon

13 hours ago, snowychap said:

Excellent.

Nice to know precisely where your politics quite gets you.

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure which is more worrying, that you believe this, or that you've forced me into reading the Telegraph. 

Both of them have been quoted multiple times in support of terrorists, particularly McDonnell who said "the ballot, the bomb and the bullet" would unite Ireland.

I don't know how anyone can deny that Corbyn and McDonnell have at least sympathised with terrorists in the past. If this was a Tory we were talking about I'm sure the reaction on here to what I said would've been a lot different.

Edited by Mantis
quoting all stuffed up
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

Both of them have been quoted multiple times in support of terrorists, particularly McDonnell who said "the ballot, the bomb and the bullet" would unite Ireland.

I don't know how anyone can deny that Corbyn and McDonnell have at least sympathised with terrorists in the past. If this was a Tory we were talking about I'm sure the reaction on here to what I said would've been a lot different.

I think sometimes people on both sides of the divide in real life, in parliament and even on VT can be deliberately thick.

I'm not convinced that Corbyn automatically secretly sides and sympathises with all terrorists. I do think that sometimes we need to probe exactly what a 'terrorist' is. There's the whole Palestinian terrorist thing, that's one for a thread all it's own. There's the Irish terrorism thing, ditto. I'll happily debate that one with you if you like. But you have to remember that even the very worst terrorist organisations sometimes somehow become magically sanitised and can eventually be talked to, engaged in communication. Most people would now recognise the ANC were probably right overall. But we all had them down as ignorant brutes and murderers previously. There are some even on VT that would still describe Nelson M as a terrorist. Now, I know we are to see ISIS as a whole different thing, literally a different animal. Right now, they are. There is no space right now for negotiation of anything with them. I get that. But that's where we were with the Taliban (at that point in between them being freedom fighters against Russian occupation and terrorists against the coalition). They aren't really animal / walking dead different though. Plenty of expanding empires have beheaded people, burnt them at the stake, pulled them apart with horses or stuck body parts on spikes on bridges. A fairly recent example would be the Khmer Rouge. A more distant example would be, well, us. The only real difference, time and technology.

So to simply label people wholesale as 'terrorist sympathisers' is a pretty piss poor attempt to dumb down what is literally a life and death debate.

If Cameron is willing to re arrest Gerry Adams and break off links with South Africa and Thailand and The Gambia etc., then he can be bullish about people that talk to terrorists. otherwise, he needs to grow up and debate with his opponents, not look for easy cheers from his chums.

• Like 1

It may be "dumbing down" but it's also accurate for Corbyn and McDonnell. Their associations and support for certain terrorists both in the past and present shouldn't just be hand-waved and I'm glad that both Tory and Labour MPs alike are calling them up on that.

Edited by Mantis

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

This isn't about Syria anymore (if it ever was)  it's about trying to exploit divisions in the Labour party

That's about as damning as you can get. Cameron is going to kill people (by proxy) to exploit Labour's divisions for Conservative party gain.

That single line should be enough to have him immediately removed from parliament and banged up.

• Like 2

Right you are then Mantis. What about people that support the Free Syrian Army?

In exactly what way are they different? It's just that my understanding, is that Cameron wants to run bombing raids to help them rise up and take Raqqa.

Is Cameron one of these terrorist sympathisers?

Or are they, erm, freedom fighters?

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Right you are then Mantis. What about people that support the Free Syrian Army?

In exactly what way are they different? It's just that my understanding, is that Cameron wants to run bombing raids to help them rise up and take Raqqa.

Is Cameron one of these terrorist sympathisers?

Or are they, erm, freedom fighters?

Of course, as we know, it's only possible for a group to be 'terrorists' if their interests aren't aligned with western interests at a particular time. The word 'terrorist' really has little meaning except 'person we don't like right now'. 

Â