Star Wars Battlefront 3

packoman

Yeah looks amazing, did a little research and apparently the downside is a reduction in framerate of 30-40 fps. Fair play to the modder though. 

Edited by dubbs

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Why release it so empty then?

Seems to me that they realised they screwed up and are trying to limit the damage.

Yup,  have to say I think this true.  If it was on their original roadmap to release this content for free they would have said ages ago for good PR.  

• Like 1

Really enjoying this now, the big maps are pretty shit but the smaller modes and maps are great. Been playing cargo, drop zone, DROID run and heroes and villains and it has been great fun, heroes and villains is a great mode to switch to when you want a change from running and gunning.

It got released because it had a street date to hit. That's what happens when you are releasing a licensed game with Electronic Arts. It can't come out after the movie gets released and US market forces dictate it needs to be on shelves a week or two before Thanksgiving  or it will tank sales wise. 

• Like 2

And they should be slaughtered for releasing broken games. We shouldn't just accept it becuase it's in the best of interests of EA.

Anyway, AngryJoe review is out, interesting watch, gives it a whopping 5/10.

Edited by PieFacE

26 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

And they should be slaughtered for releasing broken games. We shouldn't just accept it becuase it's in the best of interests of EA.

Anyway, AngryJoe review is out, interesting watch, gives it a whopping 5/10.

I didn't say they shouldn't be slaughtered, just that what DICE wants, isn't always what they're given from EA.  And EA are the boss.

AngryJoe, why? :lol: Just moans about everything (obviously), takes (a lot of) Youtube money, but has idea of what it takes to create something from nothing.  It's easy to critize though..

I like AngryJoe's reviews a LOT. Feel they are very honest and generally show a true representation of a game. If a game is good he will say it's good. Rocket League, Witcher, MGS and Fallout have had awesome reviews from AJ this year. If they are bad, he also says so and gives constructive criticism and doesn't love it just because it's Dice or whoever.  To say he just moans a lot is wrong,  he moans when there's something to moan about. In this game,  there's a lot.    

FWIW, I agree with most of what he says in this review, and I'm so glad I didn't buy this game. 

Edited by PieFacE

Got to say I'm really enjoying the multiplayer on this.  Even though the game has been out a couple of weeks I've not had a chance to try the online stuff.  Today I did, instead of wasting my time getting cross at the football.   Haven't tried all the game modes yet but so far it's great.

Got to say I'm really enjoying the multiplayer on this.  Even though the game has been out a couple of weeks I've not had a chance to try the online stuff.  Today I did, instead of wasting my time getting cross at the football.   Haven't tried all the game modes yet but so far it's great.

I've had it since the release day and I've played it almost every single day. It's great fun. The free Battle of Jakku maps are available today or tomorrow as well, so even more maps to chose from.

Droid run, Blast, Walker Assault and Supremacy are probably my favourite game modes. But Heroes vs Villains and Fighter Squadron are also fun for a play around, though after 20 minutes it does get a bit samey.

• 2 weeks later...
Â