Relegation battle 13-14

Dodgyknees

And reserve team?

Vlaar, Baker, Bennett, Lowton, Sylla and Albrighton have all played a number of first team games. Bacuna has already come into the first team, Kovak is a 5m pound striker.

It wasn't exactly our under 21s.

Of course after last night result people are going to be disheartened ..

However other than Palace the league is going to be tight and certainly I don't see much improvement from last season.With Benteke out for 6 weeks we could struggle next month or so and find ourselves hanging around the trap door again.

3 years we have struggled at the bottom only so long till your luck runs out as Wigan found out.

But more than anything this thread shows the level us as fans see the club.Last nights result taken alone is poor but when you see that in the last 3 league meetings we are minus 10 to Spurs.Add in embarrassing cup defeats ,8-0 to Chelsea ,3-0 at home to Wigan and 9 wins at home in 40 league games then how can you expect fans not to worry.

Bigger picture is when is enough enough ...the truth is we are no better off than under Doug and with what Lambert is spending I don't see that changing soon.

There is plenty of blame to go round but more bad results especially at home and how long till the crowd turns

And reserve team?

Vlaar, Baker, Bennett, Lowton, Sylla and Albrighton have all played a number of first team games. Bacuna has already come into the first team, Kovak is a 5m pound striker.

How much did our starting 11 cost as compared to theirs, Mr Knees?

DodgyKnees? Dodgy Knee-jerk reaction more like.

• Like 4

And reserve team?

How much did our starting 11 cost as compared to theirs, Mr Knees?

DodgyKnees? Dodgy Knee-jerk reaction more like.

Childish.

Considering we are constantly told it doesn't matter what a player costs. Or does that not count now?

Oops.

I think we all need to start accepting we're going to be down the lower reaches of the League this season. 15th or so without a defence or Benteke.

The worst thing that can happen is fans turning on the team for the inevitable defeats. We need to accept now we're in for a tough season and support the lads best we can.

I think we all need to start accepting we're going to be down the lower reaches of the League this season. 15th or so without a defence or Benteke.

The worst thing that can happen is fans turning on the team for the inevitable defeats. We need to accept now we're in for a tough season and support the lads best we can.

Oh I agree, I back the players and the manager. I just think there is one man who has had a free ride through-out all the managers, all the problems and who has not given the money needed to add quality. The only player we have of any real quality is currently injured, the rest of the squad is made up of might be good enough's and inconsistent players.

Absolutely stupid thread. What the **** does a cup game have to do with the league?

not only that, but a cup game with half a reserve team against a team who would've beaten our first eleven. And half the people complaining about it would've been among those saying we hadn't a hope as soon as the draw was made

We're out of the cup, happens to every team. Would've been nice to go on a cup run, but ultimately it's hardly the end of the world. Let's see how we go in the league and have patience. It's not a small job we have on our hands

Reserve players who will be stepping into the first team.

And how many times do you reckon that many will play together in the league?

Hmm 5 games in and we have played Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool and we are sitting just below halfway and we are in a relegation battle. I think we will probably loose to Man City and get a point at Hull  but the home games will get easier eventually and we'll be ok. Theres quite a few teams a lot worse than us.

Overreactions galore....

We have a much better squad than last season. The side that played today would never play in the league in this composition. Put one or two of our starters into that line-up and the outcome could have been vastly different. UTV! In Lambert we trust.

Deluded (sorry mate). We need a reality check, we have big problems at the moment we are going nowhere - other than against Chelsea, where general concensus was we were unlucky, plucky losers but where statistically we got annihilated, we have been poor (I can't be the only one to think we were lucky against Arsenal?).

No, I also thought we were a bit lucky against Arsenal..... and that result has clouded a lot of peoples judgements...........

We need to accept it now? Are you a fortune teller or something? If we were in Palace's or Sunderland's shoes then yeah I could understand but right now we're mid-table and have just come through some tough opening fixtures with 6 points.

It's ridiculous. If we had won or narrowly lost last night nobody would've made this thread.

Edited by Mantis

I'm talking about the fact we're hugely reliant on Benteke. He's in my estimation half our team in levels of importance and contribution. While the player who could have saved out defence is out for the season.

I just don't want fans turning on the team when our form dips while Benteke is injured.

I just don't want fans turning on the team when our form dips while Benteke is injured.

That's a fair statement but it's not really what you said in the post that Mantis quoted. Asking the fans for tolerance of a dip in form while Benteke is out (6 weeks) is not the same as asking fans to accept a whole season of being ~15th and it being a tough season - after 5 games.