Villa Park Physio

03butpau

Imdeed, the scientists should have invented the scanners from Star Trek by now.

Pretty much all that the physiotherapist has to go on without a proper medical ivestigation is what the player says to him.

Couple of things

I was right by the Okore incident v Newcastle. Take it from me Okore did not want to continue - as soon as he went down he was shaking head - I was very surprised when the physio sent him back on the field of play.

Hip flexors are very prone - the reason that it is an uncommon injury is that any level of athlete will be told of the importance of keeping this muscle loose its one of the first stretches you do.

I think two weeks running our physio has deemed players fit to continue - in both cases let than a minute later they have been unable to.

Seriously why is this being asked? All they can do is go by what the players are saying. They don't know they can only assume based on what the player is telling them what the injury is as they need a scan to diagnose the injury. If the player thinks he's just stretched a little to far and wants to run it off the Physio is none the wiser. Benteke was definitely wanting to continue and he must of been saying he thinks he can run it off.

Seriously why is this being asked? All they can do is go by what the players are saying. They don't know they can only assume based on what the player is telling them what the injury is as they need a scan to diagnose the injury. If the player thinks he's just stretched a little to far and wants to run it off the Physio is none the wiser. Benteke was definitely wanting to continue and he must of been saying he thinks he can run it off.

So a physio isn't a physio without a scanner ? - Most physio's don't have an MRI Scanner (Neither does AVFC) - do you know how much those cost ? - a diagnosis is established by the physio doing a number of tests - for example for hip he would check the range of motion - and the pain the patient was experiencing, and checking the area for swelling. 

So a physio isn't a physio without a scanner ? - Most physio's don't have an MRI Scanner (Neither does AVFC) - do you know how much those cost ? - a diagnosis is established by the physio doing a number of tests - for example for hip he would check the range of motion - and the pain the patient was experiencing, and checking the area for swelling. 

I feel this is going from one extreme to the other. He has around a minute to try and find out what an injury is based on what the player tells him and what he can feel. There's very little he can actually establish or do in this situation when all he has available are a few exercises and some magic spray. 

To be honest, I think Benteke knew he was in pain, it seemed to be Lambert in a frenzy wanting him to get back on. Can't blame him I guess.

Okore on the other hand seemed like he wanted to continue but simply couldn't.

Edited by samjp26

A friend of mine played a game for us before did his ACL carried on for 5 more mins collapsed in a heap. He's still not right after it, would have done it in November 2011, but he was massacred in class as he is studying physiotherapy and couldn't detect he'd done it. Rajon Rondo ( point guard for the Boston Celtics also played on this year, think he even finished the game after doing his ACL ).

Lambert doesnt have much sympathy for injured players imho. I remember him looking very pissed off that Baker last season (who was clearly concussed) wanted to come off.

He also made poor Luna who had been hobbling around for the last 10 minutes walk over to applaud the fans. Poor bastard :)

I feel this is going from one extreme to the other. He has around a minute to try and find out what an injury is based on what the player tells him and what he can feel. There's very little he can actually establish or do in this situation when all he has available are a few exercises and some magic spray. 

So why do we have them at all them ? - why does your ordinary NHS physio take around 3 years to train ? 

Anybody could run on, spray a bit of ralgex deep heat, and say 'are you alright to continue ?'

Â