Buying a used car

Troglodyte

With winter approaching, Ford have patented heated front screens. No one else can offer that. No more chiseling frost like a chump.

Don't you believe it, they become increasingly less effective. The winters we've been having the last couple of years, the old can of whoopax / wipers combo is quicker at defrosting

• Like 1

I really don't get the appeal of Golfs or Minis or any of those other little pieces of crap.

1. A Golf is nothing at all like a Mini, their only similarities are that the company that makes them is based in Germany.

2. You're seriously pimping Ford while calling BMW and VAG pieces of crap?

hn2548A.jpg

This is mine, and I recommend highly.

2 litre BMW diesel engine. They never EVER go wrong. 4 and a half years so far with no probs apart from wear and tear items like battery and alternator.

This has heated electric leather seats, anti dazzle rear view mirror, dual climate control with a/c, rain sensing wipers, 6 cd changer. And you can fit a wardrobe in the massive boot.

You can pick one up with even better spec than this for £2.5 k and under. Petrol versions are dead cheap but the diesel is the one to go for.

I really don't get the appeal of Golfs or Minis or any of those other little pieces of crap.

1. A Golf is nothing at all like a Mini, their only similarities are that the company that makes them is based in Germany.

1. They are both small, ugly little cars that only teenagers drive.

2. Ford has style and history unmatched by any others. Falcon (Aus), Mustang, Torino, Landau, Maverick, I could go on and on.

2. Ford has style and history unmatched by any others. Falcon (Aus), Mustang, Torino, Landau, Maverick, I could go on and on.

1. Wrong. Teenagers can't 

2. Ferrari, Daimler, JLR...... 

1962_ferrari_250_gto.jpeg

vs

1962_Ford_Fairlane.jpg 

No further questions your honour. 

Edited by Eames
  • Like 1

what can teenagers drive?

I was looking for insurance quotes to stick my nipper on the wiffi's insurance......ain't gonna happen!

it pushed £240 Landrover Defender insurance up to £7,500 !! whatdafakatyfak!

what can teenagers drive?

I was looking for insurance quotes to stick my nipper on the wiffi's insurance......ain't gonna happen!

it pushed £240 Landrover Defender insurance up to £7,500 !! whatdafakatyfak!

Imagine the kind of motor used to power a sewing machine. Now imagine a petrol version in a tiny car on 1 inch wide tyres. That is what teenagers can drive.

1. Wrong. Teenagers can't 

2. Ferrari, Daimler, JLR...... 

1962_ferrari_250_gto.jpeg

vs

1962_Ford_Fairlane.jpg

No further questions your honour. 

1. You can drive at 17. 17 year olds are teenagers, the clue is in the number.

2. If you want to play that game I'll happily wipe the floor with you later when I'm not posting from my phone. ;)

Bear in mind the markets are different in America. Wasn't it Levi who laughed at the notion of a Toyota sports car? It's amazing how the images differ. Quite deliberately so.

I would say in the USA and Australia, GM is the better option to Ford but in Europe and the UK particularly I'd say it's the opposite. I've owned both Ford's and Vauxhall's, All the Fords were far better cars than the equivalent Vauxhall I've owned. But that is just comparing two manufacturers out of the dozens available. Before any one points it out  I would agree plenty of the alternatives are better than both Ford and Vauxhall.

• Like 1

Â