Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

The Six Nations has begun - Ireland looked fantastic in the first 40 mins but coasted through the second.

England look a little off defensively against Scotland, who take their opportunity and score first. 

Lots to play for though.

I still think the champions will be either France or Ireland - there’s no one close to  them currently 

Same old England so far, make decent gains and then throw it away with poor handling and daft errors.

Scotland playing well though. 

edit - when they click they click though - cracking try by England.

very open game first half

edit - I’ll repeat my first line - same Old England… 

flashes of brilliance but let down time and time again with poor discipline and silly mistakes. 

fair play to Scotland - they made a game of it!

Edited by theboyangel

played some good attacking stuff but tacking was shite

but what was totally inexcusable to me, and it's a basic rule in pretty much any sport that involves a thing filled up with air that's either kicked or thrown, that if the team doesn't have the thing, then their chances of scoring are greatly reduced. so with that in mind, why the **** did we keep giving it to them?? especially with less than 10 mins to play and we were winning? i didn't get it at all.

• Like 1

The GrandSlam should be done now by Ireland, the fixture list sets up for them perfectly. They deserve it, they are the best team in the northern hemisphere. Still wouldn't fancy them to beat south Africa or new Zealand in a world cup though. 

Wales are on a steep decline. I think Italy will beat them. Gatland must be wondering what he walked into. It'll be a dark decade for Welsh rugby, their structure is a mess. 

Big game for England today. Italy could’ve got the result against France last week so won’t be easy. But to get the Borthwick era up and running England need a win. 
Ireland great result for them yesterday and could now get the slam. 
Great for the Scot’s to follow up England with another win. 
France probably needed a defeat, could make them even stronger going into the WC 

• Like 1

Considering how each team performed last week, I’m surprised at how England have dominated this first half.

Italy look like their former selves compared to the team that almost took the game from France last week.

England well in control without breaking a sweat or doing anything extraordinary. 

• 2 weeks later...

It’s quite possible Italy will probably lose all 5 games in this six nations ( i feel Wales will have massive pressure on them to win ) but this is by far the best Italian performance since they came in 20 something years ago, consistency wise. Been brilliant in all 3 games so far. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

It’s quite possible Italy will probably lose all 5 games in this six nations ( i feel Wales will have massive pressure on them to win ) but this is by far the best Italian performance since they came in 20 something years ago, consistency wise. Been brilliant in all 3 games so far. 

Great to see Italy improving and starting to look dangerous.

• Like 1

Â