Libor Kozák

samjp26

Benteke, vlaar and even okore I understand. But if we can't cope without this guy then I truly do worry about us.

Bowery looked more of a goal threat after he was subbed against an awful palace side and even a benteke who had ran out of all energy still looks better against Sunderland.

I think this injury will just add to the argument that this signing was not needed and cost way too much because of that.

Benteke, vlaar and even okore I understand. But if we can't cope without this guy then I truly do worry about us.

Bowery looked more of a goal threat after he was subbed against an awful palace side and even a benteke who had ran out of all energy still looks better against Sunderland.

I think this injury will just add to the argument that this signing was not needed and cost way too much because of that.

That's harsh, we could have had RVP in our side that day and still lost. We need to create chances for him. When we have done this, he has scored key goals.

Big blow to us, shame.

It's not just about losing him in isolation though. We now only have a barely fit Benteke as a focal point. A striker that has played 2 full games in a month* and who hasn't scored since September (16 games ago, game #4).

* Including 01/01, a month that contained 7 games.

It's not just about losing him in isolation though. We now only have a barely fit Benteke as a focal point. A striker that has played 2 full games in a month* and who hasn't scored since September (16 games ago, game #4).

* Including 01/01, a month that contained 7 games.

well Lambert will have to be more tactically astute then. we still have 3 strikers in Benteke, Gabby and Weimann. Plus Bowery and Helenius

its not like we're in dire straits with no options. it just requires the manager to find a system to suit what we have, eg NOT 4-3-3

Assuming Benteke stays (or gets...) fit then yeah no problem Ulver. If we lose him then you're right. We're in the situation where we have to change the system, which is not ideal. But Lambert has done it before. I also agree with whoever said that in light of this injury, I'd be less inclined to use Benteke against Sheff Utd now. It's crying out for Helenius IMV.

Exactly. We have gabby and weimman who can play down the middle and surely at some point helenius will be given a chance.

You can't even say kozak helps us play a certain way because he's not that good in the air.

Did we really look any different against Swansea when we played without kozak?

Exactly. We have gabby and weimman who can play down the middle and surely at some point helenius will be given a chance.

You can't even say kozak helps us play a certain way because he's not that good in the air.

Did we really look any different against Swansea when we played without kozak?

To be honest - I thought Kozak coming on saved us a point against swansea - he was geeing everyone up - and vocal when defending corners - which wasn't happening before. I know he lacks finesse and the fee looks a little OTT - but overall a useful player 

• Like 2

Likely to miss rest of the season through injury. Massive blow.

ARRRGGHHHH where did this come from?

So on top of a CB and a CM, we now also desperately need a new striker.

Saying give him and him a chance isn't worth much, when him and him are League Two level and we're trying to stay in the PL.

we have looked much better when Kozak plays and he has scored goals, what more do some of you want? He leads the line well but unfortunately he has come in when the team is at it's worse and had to come deep to pick up the ball as we are/were averaging about one cross into the box per game and Westwood's utterly shite corners.

considering the amount of games he has had he has adapted pretty well

Benteke looked distinctly iffy at the start for us in more minutes than Kozak has had..

I don't get why some of you think we will sign a player from a different league and expect them to be world beaters from day 1.

Even as crap as Tonev has been, he has probably had a total of 4 games worth of on pitch minutes, which to write him off is amazing.

I bet Helenius plays against Sheff Utd and if he doesn't score that will be him written off by most as 'not good enough' the standard label for most players.

Now Kozak, Helenius, Tonev and even Bowery might not be good enough - but jesus christ give them a chance to fail.

• Like 3

Lambert likes to play with a target man so it will probably be Bowery.

Rotten luck though for Kozak but we should have enough to cope without him.

But Bowery is always played as a wide forward like Gabby, never seen him actually play as a central striker.

we have looked much better when Kozak plays and he has scored goals, what more do some of you want? He leads the line well but unfortunately he has come in when the team is at it's worse and had to come deep to pick up the ball as we are/were averaging about one cross into the box per game and Westwood's utterly shite corners.

considering the amount of games he has had he has adapted pretty well

Benteke looked distinctly iffy at the start for us in more minutes than Kozak has had..

I don't get why some of you think we will sign a player from a different league and expect them to be world beaters from day 1.

Even as crap as Tonev has been, he has probably had a total of 4 games worth of on pitch minutes, which to write him off is amazing.

I bet Helenius plays against Sheff Utd and if he doesn't score that will be him written off by most as 'not good enough' the standard label for most players.

Now Kozak, Helenius, Tonev and even Bowery might not be good enough - but jesus christ give them a chance to fail.

Eh?

Bit random. Care to explain which post(s) you're referencing? 

Â