Libor Kozák

samjp26

BBC Sport's Pat Murphy reports: "Aston Villa hope to complete the signing of Czech international forward Libor Kosak later today. He plays for Lazio and is 6ft 3ins. Kosak has four caps, the last of which came against Hungary in August. I understand he's a versatile player who is more than an out-and-out striker. The fee is about £7m and if the deal goes through he would become Villa's seventh signing of the summer.

€9m reported fee would be way over the odds IMO. That sort of money could get a much better player.

It's £4.5 according to our insider.

That's not as bad then. Would still make him our most expensive signing of the summer.

€9m reported fee would be way over the odds IMO. That sort of money could get a much better player.

It's £4.5 according to our insider.

That's not as bad then. Would still make him our most expensive signing of the summer.

Yeah, about the same as Okore, though strikers are naturally the most expencive position to fill.

Edited by LondonLax

Then enlighten us you football scout guru you!

Poor man's Benteke. From what I've seen, I doubt he'll even become a top 6 player. Unlike Benteke, he is not central to making play happen. His assist stats over the years are poor. I can see the logic in signing him as Benteke's understudy but only for a nominal fee.

Well

Poor man's Benteke. From what I've seen, I doubt he'll even become a top 6 player. Unlike Benteke, he is not central to making play happen. His assist stats over the years are poor. I can see the logic in signing him as Benteke's understudy but only for a nominal fee.

Well I think PL thinks different to you hence the reason we are buying him. At the time we had the same stuff about Benteke, he's rubbish, all these experts saying he doesn't do this and that. Libor Kozak has been used sparingly by Lazio, he's been shifted on loan. A major reason why Benteke succeeded was the manager, it was him who put the faith in him to do the business and I can't see him doing no different for Libor. Lets not forget the media slated PL for playing Benteke over Bent.

At the moment, if we were to be without Benteke we'd be screwed unless we changed our system. Helenius isn't ready yet. With this guy it's possible he could slot straight in. Benteke is currently a single point of failure. This goes some way towards rectifying that. That's my thinking anyway. Plus I trust the manager. Even more so considering he's having to use the resources at his disposal to their maximum, so he's not going to buy this guy without a damn good reason behind it.

• Like 4

Well

Well I think PL thinks different to you hence the reason we are buying him. At the time we had the same stuff about Benteke, he's rubbish, all these experts saying he doesn't do this and that. Libor Kozak has been used sparingly by Lazio, he's been shifted on loan. A major reason why Benteke succeeded was the manager, it was him who put the faith in him to do the business and I can't see him doing no different for Libor. Lets not forget the media slated PL for playing Benteke over Bent.

The reason he wasn't started much in the league by Lazio is because he rarely impressed when he did.

The reason he wasn't started much in the league by Lazio is because he rarely impressed when he did.

And yet in the same season he scored 10 goals in 11 Europa League games. Perhaps his EL opponents were more typical in style to what he'll face in the Premier League. Serie 'A' is very different and it's possible Lambert saw him being more compatible with the Premier League.
  • Like 1

And yet in the same season he scored 10 goals in 11 Europa League games. Perhaps his EL opponents were more typical in style to what he'll face in the Premier League. Serie 'A' is very different and it's possible Lambert saw him being more compatible with the Premier League.

He scouted Benteke in Europa League too.

Â