Benjamin Siegrist

AndyBM

and already hes impressed? all im saying is the club shouldnt be so quick to be willing to let youths go for next to nothing, if a club wants to buy our players, then they wont mind paying the value will they.

It's always surprised me he hasn't progressed more here, he was very highly rated coming through the junior Swiss teams, think he got best keeper at one of the under 20 tournaments he played around the time we signed him and he always made the 2012 Swiss Olympic team squad so shows he was highly rated back then.

Yet he's never come close to getting into the first team squad here. Maybe that's understandable but it's not like we've sent him on loan much either, think he went to likes of Solihull and Tamworth in last year which is not the level if you want him challenging for a place on the bench.

Just a strange one for me, is he really that much worse than Steer who gets a good championship loan.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 10/09/2018 at 17:57, Villan4Life said:

Signed for Dundee United in the Summer! 

Old golden gloves himself.  That one should be interesting.  Hope he does well.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BOF said:

Old golden gloves himself.  That one should be interesting.  Hope he does well.

Spoke to his agent a few times as I tried get him into St Mirren. Alas he signed for Dundee United soon after he should do well there.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Bloody hell he's 30! If you'd asked me to guess I'd have probably said he was 24 or 25 :crylaugh:

Would've been younger than Tom Daley at 2012 Olympics.😉

Very nice move for him, he was linked to a few championship clubs but Celtic makes sense given he's based up there.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't we have anyone in England youth set up when they won't a couple of those tournaments 4-5 years ago?

It doesnt look like it. Suliman won a Euros but not a world tournament

• Like 1

Â