AndyClarke

People have been complaining about that for years in fm, it does of course happen in real life but not as common and everytime it does happen someone at fm sarcastically tweets about it.

So true, usually Miles. Ignoring the fact it happens to me around 10 times each season, way more than real life.

Had the same 12k stadium in the prem for 4 years now and it has been selling out every game. Can't even get an option for the board to build a new one despite the fact I'm making around 15-20 mil every year. **** game.

Had the same 12k stadium in the prem for 4 years now and it has been selling out every game. Can't even get an option for the board to build a new one despite the fact I'm making around 15-20 mil every year. **** game.

The town your club is based in is propably too small.

I have a massive stadium problem with both Yeovil and Dagenham.

I currently have a 6k stadium but only 2k seating and so I can only actually sell 2200 tickets. They won't turn it into a seated area so I'm currently leaking money.

Same with yeovil too. 16 capacity, could only use 12 and they refused to expand because they saw it as empty seats. So annoying.

I think it's more to do with how old his current stadium is. If they just built it, they wont be building another one any time soon.

This is what I'm thinking, the stadium was built in 2015 but I'm in 2025 now so I'd expect something. Oh well

I think it's more to do with how old his current stadium is. If they just built it, they wont be building another one any time soon.

This is what I'm thinking, the stadium was built in 2015 but I'm in 2025 now so I'd expect something. Oh well

In real life you'd never get a new stadium built after just 10 years

My current stadium was built in 2005, i'm in 2020 and the option to build a new stadium is still greyed out. When i hold my mouse over the option it says "The club believes that another new stadium should not be built at this time.

In real life you'd never get a new stadium built after just 10 years

That's true but even an expansion would be nice considering I make around 2mil a month.

Unfortunately there's a 20 year limit. It's a silly rule as it's quite easy to climb the leagues quickly and thus you get stuck with a small stadium for a long while in the top league.

Also, each stadium has a set expansion capacity and when you max it out there's nothing you can do, except wait it out or change it using a save game editor.

Unfortunately there's a 20 year limit. It's a silly rule as it's quite easy to climb the leagues quickly and thus you get stuck with a small stadium for a long while in the top league.

Also, each stadium has a set expansion capacity and when you max it out there's nothing you can do, except wait it out or change it using a save game editor.

So just another 10 years of trying to win the league with a wage budget of a little over 500k. Definitely possible.

It's possible to still do well.

With Forest Green on FM13 I had a 12k stadium for over 10 years in the PL, but still managed to win it eventually.

Basically buy cheap talented youngsters from other leagues and sell them when they reach a high value.

A good tip is to sell with most or all of the sum in installments, preferably 48 months. That way you can use the money on a higher wage budget (and not lose a big chunk of it to dividends).

On my FM14 game with Forest Green I sold one player pr year for usually around £40m, which gave me around £200k pr week more to spend on wages for every sale. Have to keep it up though and not break the cycle, but you can keep a few core players to ensure a bit of stability.

Some of the achievements you guys get on this game is insane. Forest Green winning the Prem? Ridonkulous.

Question: How do I master the dark art of youth coaching? I have a Southampton game going and one of the philosophies is to bring through home grown players. But the youth coaches stats are rubbish and apart from the obvious player like Shaw, Prowse and Chambers etc, theres nothing in the youth squads coming through. Is there a tactic on how to train them and the types of coaches to employ? Or is it more pot-luck than that?

All help gratefully received!

Make sure your scouting network and youth coaching/facilities are all upgraded to the max. Then just wait till regen day and hope to pull an amazing youth star.

Edited by Daniel

Junior Coaching = Current Ability of players entering the team
Youth Network = Potential Ability of youth players coming through
Youth facilities = Quality of training for players in the U-team

But there's still a big factor of randomness to it. If you are lucky you might get 1 or 2 that will potentially be good enough for the 1st team and occasionally the odd world class prospect, but if you want yo rely on youth players you should try and snap up youngsters from other clubs.

The day the regens come through, all other enligsh clubs also get regens and you have about a week to sign them on a tribunal or cheap fees, so scout the regens at the clubs with good academy's and networking at that time. Clubs like Crewe, Middlesboro, Swansea, etc, might get great talent through that would be willing to join other clubs. The talents from top clubs might be harder to get.

If you wanna get serious about it you should do the same for other nations that have a high chance of producing young talents like Croatia, Argentina, Brazil, Spain, Holland, etc. You'll find they are very cheap there. They all have different regen dates though.

Add to that the youth coaches personalities and Preferred player moves rub on to the players coming through, so when you look for a youth coach, aside from good coaching and high level in determination, discipline and motivation, you should also look for personalities like model pro, driven, etc.

I don't know how much you know about player development, but basically a player's development towards his potential ability is very much tied to his professionalism and his ambition. These values are hidden, but can be derived from his personality and influenced through tutoring. A players with low levels in those might not improve much, whereas a player with the right values might be a star long before he's 20.

Last but not least a player's development is also tied to the number and quality of first team game time he gets.

I might be wrong but I have the impression that certain levels only let's a player improve quickly by so much, before it slows down.

In example: Highest level U-18 football/League one will allow him up to around 110 CA, Championship around 125 CA. They still improve, but very slowly compared to what they would do in the first team. 

If you get a supserstar through and want the best development for him he should ideally be in your setup all the way through, no loans and with great facilities, coaching and good tutors. He should get sub apperances from at 16, starts and a rotation member at around 17-18. At that point you need to give him games every week to get him above 150-160 CA.

Edited by tarjei
  • Like 2

Â