AndyClarke

Once again I am thriving at a lower league club (Stockport).

I am rubbish when I start at the top league, but when I build from the bottom I have a good game.

Won 15 out of 20 games, only lost one so far (second game I think) and that was before the team settled.

I am rubbish when I start at the top league, but when I build from the bottom I have a good game.

Won 15 out of 20 games, only lost one so far (second game I think) and that was before the team settled.

So.... You're Neil Warnock?

• Like 1

So.... You're Neil Warnock?

Colin rocket polisher... :P

Yeah, I do sound like him don't I! :-D

I got this for Christmas. Can anyone share some tips that'll help me manage villa. With 0 transfer budget I can't really see many possibilities to a good game. Is there any tactics that favour villa. Also who do people start with?

Play Benteke as a complete forward until you sell him to PSG for £30m

Each time I manage Villa I'm just terrible! Think I let bias get in the way of making important decisions. Do Villa get relegated ever time on this? I've had 3 saves that I've not been Villa manager and the go down by the 3rd season!

Currently managing a french second division team (something about crocodiles) no money, low wages, whole first team squad over 29. Manged them for 3 seasons now, improved on positions every season. Now have no player over 25... all on free transfers and all 4-5 stars.

Find a tactic that works well... but then all of a sudden can buy a win, only start winning again when I mix it up. Happens over and over, anyone else get this?

EDIT: Nimes Olympique

Got Nimes Olympique promoted to Ligue 1 as champions... was sitting 4th half way through my first season in the top flight.  Villa then offered me job as manager... they are a crap Championship team atm... So I jumped ship to re-build my beloved Villa... lost my first 6 games in a row.  Can't by a win, players all old and crap. Going to take a lot to sort this out.  Keep your fingers crossed!

Finished 3rd with Villa in my second season, up from 13th I believe. Had an amazing season! Lads played really well, and my midfield of Fernandez, Moreno, Saivet and (sometimes) Gabby really performed. The continually set up Mitrovic who was on fire and ended up with 23 goals despite being out injured for the last 8 or so games of the season. 2nd best goal scorer in Europe one goal behind Ronaldo, with fewer games played. A big part of the success was my defence, built around Vlaar and Caulker. Caulker is a beast! Really solid and very young. Thing is though, the success have sort of taken us by surprise. We need to strengthen quite a bit in order to prepare for the CL, but Lerner only gave me £8 million to spend, and I will offload some players to increase that, but it's not quite enough. Well make do I suppose, but I feel my 3rd season will not be even remotely as successful as the 2nd.

Arsenal, Man United and Monaco have all offered me jobs, but neither Arsenal or Man Utd are in the CL and have very little to spend. Monaco is a circus and they had around £56 million to spend on new players despite already having a very good squad. Turned them all down though. :)

I'm off for two weeks so I'm going to start the unemployment challenge.

Start unemployed with Sunday league experience; the challenge is only complete when you get approached by one of PSG, Monaco, Barca, Madrid, Chelsea, Man city/united, Arsenal, Dortmund, Bayern, Juventus.

Finally got into this.

For the first time ever, having a go with Villa, normally start much lower.

Beat Barcelona 5-3 in preseason, then beat Baggies 2-0 first game. Been up and down since.

How do you get your team used to a formation. I've got 3 different ones I go between in the tactics screen but they are all still fairly low on that blue bar. I've got 'Team Cohesion' set as my main training focus on high but not having any affect. Anything I can do to rectify this?

Been going with a 5-2-1-2 with wing backs at home and 4-5-1 away, but seem to be struggling no matter what I try recently.

Finally got into this.

For the first time ever, having a go with Villa, normally start much lower.

Beat Barcelona 5-3 in preseason, then beat Baggies 2-0 first game. Been up and down since.

How do you get your team used to a formation. I've got 3 different ones I go between in the tactics screen but they are all still fairly low on that blue bar. I've got 'Team Cohesion' set as my main training focus on high but not having any affect. Anything I can do to rectify this?

Been going with a 5-2-1-2 with wing backs at home and 4-5-1 away, but seem to be struggling no matter what I try recently.

Change your training focus to 'tactics'...i normally start the season slow until this bar hits max, then switch to team cohesion, then the form lifts.

• Like 1

Â