AndyClarke

Anyone else have trouble keeping Benteke?

Just as I start to build a decent team & he scores 32 goals in 43 games, he puts in a transfer request...

Any recomended strikers to replace him?

I've not had too much bother holding on to him, but I'm only in March 14, he requested transfer in Jan but I only got one offer of £12m for him. i think not playing him and setting his asked for value as £30m helped though.

Mitrovic at Anderlecht would be a good replacement, would set you back by roughly £10m in the second summer but he is only 18/19 at the start of the game so has plenty of time to pay off that price tag.

Just as I start to build a decent team & he scores 32 goals in 43 games, he puts in a transfer request...

I sold him to dortmund for £30m in january in season one. he had banged 14 in 19. sold him and bought three players. also sold gardner and allbrighton

i replaced him with danny ings and pablo alcacer

I wonder if this is the year I should get into FM. It feels criminally not doing so, but I hate the learning stage of it before you actually have fun. Same problems with tv shows sometimes. Anything that`s significant this year? 

Dortmund and Bayern  wanted him was offer £15m for him rejected set his value to £34m  he complained his value was to high i lowered him and asked him to change his agent he di aswel then dropped everything January passed now  I suspect we'l have the same scenario in the summer! 

How do I stop a DOF rejecting offers for a player I have transfer listed? He's up for sale at 800k  (300k over his value) and I have selected in the transfer setting to let me respond, got a bid for the 800k and it keeps being rejected.

Looking at 8th with 3 games to go in my first season which is a bit annoying. 2 slumps of 4 straight defeats and crippling injuries cost me but i'm in the fa cup final aswell against birmingham city no less!

Got some decent frees coming in at the end of the season too.

Looking at 8th with 3 games to go in my first season which is a bit annoying. 2 slumps of 4 straight defeats and crippling injuries cost me but i'm in the fa cup final aswell against birmingham city no less!

Got some decent frees coming in at the end of the season too.

If you lose that cup final, you should feel ashamed.  :D

Won 1-0 in the end, they took me to extra time. Sylla got a red and then andi ran down the right and won it for me in the 116th minute!

Finished 7th in the end, im into the window and despite having plenty of money and 150k under the wage budget every contract negotiation is ended because of the max i can offer people is severely limited :(

A year into my save the strangest thing happened. Not only did England win the World Cup but they beat Argentina and Brazil in the quarters and semis, then Switzerland (!!!) in the finals. 36 year old Frank Lampard just beat out 32 year MIchael Carrick for player of the tournament. And the best part is the Golden Boot Winner. None other James Milner scored five goals from midfield in seven games during the tournament. Also, South Africa faced Switzerland in the semis, and United States got to the second round in a group that contained Belgium and Germany (Belgium missed out). Just wanted to comment on this, because the odds of it actually happening are nill.

Oh and England won a penalty shootout. Clearly the least likely thing of all. ;)

Edited by Rovers13

First champo ive bought since 2010/2011, and I absolutely love it. Compulsive isn't the word! Im addicted.

Opted for Dortmund as first game, my man crush on Klopp didn't stop me putting him out of a job! Tied Lewandowski down to a biiiiig new contract, and set upon dominating the world. Won Bundesliga in first season and got to quarters of Champions League. Bayern, despite a ridiculously strong squad, draw far too many games and I won the league quite easily. Strengthend quite heavily over the summer on young talent and shipped out a lot of the high earners at BvB who frankly weren't derserving of the £££.

Suffice to say, I love this game.

After finishing 2nd the board are only "satisfied" with my performance as manager... wtf!?

They only gave me 9m in the next season. So I spent it all on Pjanic.... next season is going to be interesting. 

I'll do a screenshot of the tactics I play later.

I can't get Benteke playing very well. Helenius and Kozak score way more than Benteke does. Not sure what his best role is? 

Edited by PieFacE

After finishing 2nd the board are only "satisfied" with my performance as manager... wtf!?

They only gave me 9m in the next season. So I spent it all on Pjanic.... next season is going to be interesting. 

I'll do a screenshot of the tactics I play later.

I can't get Benteke playing very well. Helenius and Kozak score way more than Benteke does. Not sure what his best role is? 

advanced forward works for me

Does anyone know if you can play the demo without Steam?

I thought I'd give it a go after not playing for a long long time but I find Steam to be a massive pile of poo.

I managed to launch the game once which took about 10 mins and then randomly launched while I was doing something else.

Ever since the game wont launch at all, done all the recommended support stuff but nothing. I'm not running an ancient machine either.

Seems a shame to go to all the effort of making an incredibly complex game and then deliver it through that crappy application.

Having the same problem with Benteke. Did use him as an advanced forward and he's got about 3 in 5 but Kozak is a lot more consistent. Think he's got about 13 in 28 appearances. Gabby is **** useless on this game and all. 

• Like 1

Yea long term theres a few players that just arent good enough. Most of the ones i dont want have gone except tonev and i'll probably let gabby and steer go eventually. Think the only ones who'll be with me long term are Sylla, Westwood, Okore, Baker, Luna, Lowton and possibly benteke but he'll force a move sooner or later.

Â