The complete and utter chants thread

Pricey_1984

To the tune of Rupert the Bear if any one remembers that!!

"Martin, Martin O'Neill everyone knows his name"

So much better than Martin give us a wave which really should only be used when we are 3-4 goals up with 10 mins to go!

That video allways manages to make the hairs on my neck stand up.

Me too...can't explain it but I can't watch it just once. Always watch it a couple of times to accommodate that hair on the back of the neck!!

Vindaloo over Carew is on fire ANY day, I just cannot understand why it's not caught on.

A load of guys starting singing a briliant song the other day at rear right hand side of lower Holte. It caught on with a few dozen people in the immediate vicinity and go quiite loud but never really go on with every one.

I have found myself singing it to myself ever since. Not sure what thwe tune is, they may have made it up. It might be the 'and it's all gone quite over there' tune though.

it went:

Roll along Aston Villa Roll along

To the top of the league where you belong

There'll be cups and trophies too, for the boys in claret and blue

Roll along Aston Villa Roll along

They repeated it and repeated it over again. Shouted everyone to join in in the pause between renditions.

I thought is was a great song and no one else could really nick it of us either, we could make it our own.

If you are on here, well done lads, a great effort to get a new song off the ground

The song is an old one i remember it from the 80's at some away games.

The words and tune are correct but it aso had a second verse which went something like this:

Roll along Shity City Roll along

To the bottom of the League where you belong

Ther'll be Cups and Saucers too for the Shit in Royal Blue

Roll Along Shity City Roll Along

thats by far the best iv heard so far! just sing it to the tune of 10 green bottles and it fits like a glove!

ill be singing that next year

Here is my try at the PAOK chant...

Ohhh, We are Villa,

Aston Villa, Claret and Blue...

We have a PROUD HISTORY,

And we won the Euro Cup...

We have a BRIGHT FUTURE,

And the only way is UP...

It is definitely a match to the tune.

(I know it was posted a month ago, but I'm new!)

I've probably got to say that's the best I've seen so far. the PAOK chant is probably my favourite ever, and to put Villa to it is superb. It tells us who we are. Involves our new slogan AND has our greatest acheivment mentioned. Awesome stuff!

Great job Granto!

Cheers KSW...tough chant to get going really, but reckon it would be brilliant. Unfortunately I live in Singapore and only get a chance to get over for a couple of games each season, get it going son!

got the tune now this would be awesome especially against liverpooool

General Villa, to this tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fONyDesdPKc

Oooh, Aston Villa

My might Villa

Let's win the cup

We conquered Europe in 1982

And next years winners will be the boys in claret and blue

NEEDS WORK

This could be FANTASTIC.

Lyrics need more work though but could you imagine VP all standing on their feet clapping like that? Makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up just imagining it.

Yeah - saw this on another thread. It is an awsome chant and would be brilliant at VP. I did kidda start off with

Oooh, Aston Villa

My might Villa

Lets **** them up

blah blah blah???

blah blah blah???

But i think the chant shouldnt contain swearing as it would be nice to have a chant which everyone could sing!!!!

Please could someone do more work on this chant (i'm crap) so that we could have it for next season!!!!!

oh aston villa the mighty villa when you see us score your gonna hear us roar oh aston villa the mighty villa

The problem is that PAOK which I think would be great and other chants/ songs like Viva Villa and the above were deemed by some as too European and that we shouldn't adopt them. I have suggested to the General in that thread that we get some of these and other excellent songs/chants recorded with the help of fans etc and the club . Perhaps this could form some sort of pre-match/half time entertainment for the fans to see which songs work well over a few weeks. I'm sure by people joining in or being adopted we'll all know, which ones are favourite. Its hard to see how we're going to accomplish anything without the Club getting involved because people won't know the words. Its a difficult one but I think with all the new things happening at the club

it would be a shame if we couldn't get some decent songs and chants going and have VP bouncing again!

IIRC - General has said that the club will get involved once we get some decent chants made up within this thread

What does IIRC mean and where in the General's thread was that posted?

I think there's some good shouts for decent efforts already on here Gavin.

IIRC

'If I recall correctly'

Thanks for that! I've just checked General's posts since I posted about songs and he's in the process of seeing what can be done.

Hopefully then its up to us lot to decide what we want to put forward, personally I think there's alot of decent material on here.There's a few on the Cheap Seats thread too, some hilarious but I can't see the club getting involved with some of the banter, fans will have to sort that out probably.

i agree... there are a number of top chants within this thread. Think we should start compiling a finial chant list which we can handle over to the club in time to sort something out for the inter milan game!

my favour being the vindaloo song for john carew :D

!

John Carew

John Carew

John Carew

John Carew

John Carew Nah Nah

John Carew

John Carew

John Carew

John Carew

John Carew Nah Nah

John Carew

John Carew

He’s John Carew

He’s gonna score one more than you

Carew!

:D

i agree... there are a number of top chants within this thread. Think we should start compiling a finial chant list which we can handle over to the club in time to sort something out for the inter milan game!

my favour being the vindaloo song for john carew :D

!

John Carew

John Carew

John Carew

John Carew

John Carew Nah Nah

John Carew

John Carew

John Carew

John Carew

John Carew Nah Nah

John Carew

John Carew

He’s John Carew

Carew!

:D

This is cool... Not difficult to remember the words at all..lol It might catch on.

Club needs to defo help out with longer songs if not the easier ones.

John Carew

John Carew

John Carew

John Carew

John Carew Nah Nah

John Carew

John Carew

John Carew

John Carew

John Carew Nah Nah

John Carew

John Carew

He’s John Carew

Carew!

Those lyrics are genius!!!

I loved that song from the first time someone suggested it months ago, bit disappointed that it never caught on. Its just an ideal chant, very easy to learn, catchy tune, if Carew scores a goal away from home towards the start of next season I can see it catching on, its a great one to sing while celebrating.

Â