The complete and utter chants thread

Pricey_1984

Nothing morerepetitive that 'shit on the city' and 'Holte enders n the sky' (the crap short version that is).

These songs aren't repetetive by nature, as they aren't structured to be repeated over and over again (like the PAOK chant definitely is). However, I obviously do agree that "shit on the city" in particular is sung too much by some people.

its not going to change unless standing is allowed but I can't see that happening

Absolutely agree with this.

What difference does standing make?! It's still the same people in the crowds, still the same desire to be singing or concentrating on the game.

It's whole lot easier to join in with the singing if you're allowed to stand up. Trust me, if you haven't experienced the atmosphere in a standing up section of fans, you've been missing out.

What difference does standing make?! It's still the same people in the crowds, still the same desire to be singing or concentrating on the game.

It's whole lot easier to join in with the singing if you're allowed to stand up. Trust me, if you haven't experienced the atmosphere in a standing up section of fans, you've been missing out.

The point is that getting a new chant started relies on the support of a few like minded people around you, the beauty of standing is that a chant can be started by a few mates who regularly meet ie stand in the same spot. It is no coincidence that the developement of songs at VP has largely stood still for the last 10seasons. If you get a chance watch the DVD from Old Trafford Villa V Everton 1975 and you will be amazed at the vocal support from the Villa fans!

The point is that getting a new chant started relies on the support of a few like minded people around you, the beauty of standing is that a chant can be started by a few mates who regularly meet ie stand in the same spot. It is no coincidence that the developement of songs at VP has largely stood still for the last 10seasons. If you get a chance watch the DVD from Old Trafford Villa V Everton 1975 and you will be amazed at the vocal support from the Villa fans!

Absolutely. Good post, mate.

So if standing is the thing that makes a difference, how come other teams don't have trouble creating better atmospheres. How come there was such a good atmosphere at the Sheffield Utd game? I see your point, but singing is more about mood/desire than seating arrangements.

So if standing is the thing that makes a difference, how come other teams don't have trouble creating better atmospheres.

I honestly don't think there are too many places where the atmosphere is significantly better than at the Villa. When we've travelled over to see the Villa we've usually tried to get about a bit and visit different stadiums, and I must say that a packed Holte End filled with hope of renewed glory is second to very few places in the Prem. The atmosphere all around England is generally very far from where it used to be, back in the days of terracing. While I appreciate the safety concerns and that something had to be done after Hillsborough, it is evident that "safe standing" can only be a good thing as proven in Germany and various other places around Europe including my native Norway.

However, you're not entirely wrong in saying that the mood plays an important role in creating a decent atmosphere. When things were at their worst under Doug Ellis, even the best of us went apathetic and just couldn't be bothered anymore. You need something positive to fight for, and we've got that now so I predict an improvement both in terms of attendance and atmosphere, but the atmosphere around the stadiums of English football will not be as good as it should be until we're allowed to stand up again for reasons already explained.

So if standing is the thing that makes a difference, how come other teams don't have trouble creating better atmospheres. How come there was such a good atmosphere at the Sheffield Utd game? I see your point, but singing is more about mood/desire than seating arrangements.

Is the atmosphere at the Emirates, Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford that great, is the Kop what it used to be? Whilst I agree the sheff utd game was great it was a one-off imho. Im not sure whether you experienced the Holte end in the 70's& early 80's but it was every bit as good as any bank of suport in the country.

Is the atmosphere at the Emirates, Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford that great, is the Kop what it used to be? Whilst I agree the sheff utd game was great it was a one-off imho. Im not sure whether you experienced the Holte end in the 70's& early 80's but it was every bit as good as any bank of suport in the country.

The atmosphere at those clubs isn't very good because not all the fans are as passionate about their clubs. They have the so-called 'glory hunters' at their matches. But sat anywhere other than the Holte End at VP and it sounds ly quiet. Peterborough Utd are louder when their crowd is a fraction of ours. They sit down. But they have the mentality that they are going to make as much noise as they can.

The atmosphere at those clubs isn't very good because not all the fans are as passionate about their clubs. They have the so-called 'glory hunters' at their matches. But sat anywhere other than the Holte End at VP and it sounds ly quiet. Peterborough Utd are louder when their crowd is a fraction of ours. They sit down. But they have the mentality that they are going to make as much noise as they can.

Everyone stands if allowed at away games and Villa fans are brilliant... sing all the time! But whether we sit or stand IMHO we still need a song to call our own and one which hopefully gets the other parts of the ground joining in! Even the Sky commentators mentioned the level of noise created after Berger's goal V Sheff Utd cos the whole ground resounded to "and its Aston Villa, Aston Villa FC...." Just a shame if we can't come up with something unique that most are happy with singing? Do most want to contact the General about Land of Hope???!!!

I posted this in the NRC thread,

You put your left leg in, your left leg out,

In, out, in, out,

You shake it all about,

You the Reo Coker and you turn around,

Thats what its all about,

oh Nigel Reo Coker!

oh Nigel Reo Coker!

I posted this in the NRC thread,

You put your left leg in, your left leg out,

In, out, in, out,

You shake it all about,

You the Reo Coker and you turn around,

Thats what its all about,

oh Nigel Reo Coker!

oh Nigel Reo Coker!

Tops well done......this HASto be adopted!! :D

think 4th line down should read "You do the Reo Cocker....... though??

Â