Manchester United

BOF

People forget how good he was when he was younger. Because he carried on playing until he was 40 then we tend to think what he was like in his latter days.....I wouldn't place him up there with Best, Charlton or Ronaldo but he's in the next category of Man U greats I think.

Woeful again today, 7 defeats at Old Trafford this season which is incredible. They've only actually won two more home league games than we have.

Stll beat us comfortably of course twice but that's the law.

Say if United are back on top in five years, how many of their new fans will declare they have been supporting the Old Trafford club since they were a mid table side in 2013/14 and therefore can't be considered to be a bunch of glory hunting bastards.  Only time will tell! 

• Like 1

It would be interesting to see what happens if they win their last 3, even Chelsea had the decency to give Di Matteo a chance. It could have their fans in arms again if the Van Gaal deal is indeed done. Here's hoping :D

Chelsea gave DiMatteo a chance because he won the Champions League, he also already had some experience managing at the Premier League level. Giggs isn't ready for this job full-time. I suspect as other suggest that he'll be Van Gaal's assistant and take over in the next few years.

James Wilson is a great player. Natural finisher. Is he fast? Could be the next Michael Owen. Can he tackle? Could be the next Jay Rodriguez.

I'd be surprised if Welbeck is there next season with this talent who could even take Van Persie or Rooney's place.  

My feeling a few weeks ago that Man Utd had turned a corner when they fired Moyes and appointed is now confirmed.

They need a whole new defence but with Januzaj and Wilson they won't have to splash out much on the attack.

Van Gaal will get them back into the Champions League.

James Wilson is a great player. Natural finisher. Is he fast? Could be the next Michael Owen. Can he tackle? Could be the next Jay Rodriguez.

surely you should know this if you just called him a great player

Being a natural finisher is enough to make him a great player. That is why he is a great player.

If he can do at least one other thing just as well - run fast, tackle, dribble - I would call him world class.

but how do you know he is a natural finisher but don't know if he has pace or tackling ability

I've watched his selection of goals on youtube and the Man Utd site but I've not seen him play a game so I can't judge his pace, dribbling or tackling.

but how do you know he is a natural finisher but don't know if he has pace or tackling ability

I've watched his selection of goals on youtube and the Man Utd site but I've not seen him play a game so I can't judge his pace, dribbling or tackling.

So actually you know **** all about him. What you know is what someone cut and shut together on YouTube. Unless there is a "James Wilson glaring misses gag reel of shame" what you have seen are his greatest hits. You can't comment on his finishing ability at all other than to say that the finishes you have seen were finished well.

• Like 2

So actually you know **** all about him. What you know is what someone cut and shut together on YouTube. Unless there is a "James Wilson glaring misses gag reel of shame" what you have seen are his greatest hits. You can't comment on his finishing ability at all other than to say that the finishes you have seen were finished well.

If I showed you an Emile Heskey goal compilation and the goal highlights of Gary Lineker you couldn't tell me which one was the natural finisher? They're all goals, right? By definition, a goal is scored, therefore the move was "finished" the scorer a "finisher," possibly "natural."

No, it's not just the fact a goal was scored that makes a finisher. You can tell even from the bloopers showreel which one is which.  It's how the goal is scored (and how often in a season). 

Was the goal scored using classic strikers technique? Did the goal require anticipation, great positioning and great movement? Does the player have a perfect first touch?

I'd argue that James Wilson's goal compilations, and number of goals he has scored, show he has these marks of a natural finisher.

Another clue he is a great player already is he scored two goals on his debut appearance for the first team which is impressive in itself. It was a big game for him. Shows he's got the big game mentality.

Edited by Con

If I showed you an Emile Heskey goal compilation and the goal highlights of Gary Lineker you couldn't tell me which one was the natural finisher? They're all goals, right? By definition, a goal is scored, therefore the move was "finished" the scorer a "finisher," possibly "natural."

No, it's not just the fact a goal was scored that makes a finisher. You can tell even from the bloopers showreel which one is which.  It's how the goal is scored (and how often in a season). 

Was the goal scored using classic strikers technique? Did the goal require anticipation, great positioning and great movement? Does the player have a perfect first touch?

I'd argue that James Wilson's goal compilations, and number of goals he has scored, show he has these marks of a natural finisher.

Another clue he is a great player already is he scored two goals on his debut appearance for the first team which is impressive in itself. It was a big game for him. Shows he's got the big game mentality.

Utter bollocks.

• Like 1

I've not been able to find a single compilation of his goals, let alone "compilations".

Here you go - it's embedded in the Man Utd site. I found it via google.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Features/2013/Sep/james-wilson-tipped-for-the-top-by-nicky-butt.aspx

• Like 1

Â