Manchester United

BOF

If you look around the top clubs in Europe now, you rarely get a manager that stays at a club longer than 3 years. That's the way football is now. If United are looking for another Fergie type tenure then they're wasting their time. As a top club you go for the 3 year cycle, win as much as you can and move on or go stagnant. Fergie was a freak of nature. The way the game is now, there'll probably never be another one like him. If United think they're going to give Moyes 4 years of failure before an FA Cup win then I give them a big fat sarcastic wink and a thumbs up, safe in the knowledge that they're more deluded than the average Spurs fan. You bring in Mourinho, excite the fans, maybe win another Champions League and few league titles and then bring in Klopp. Rinse and repeat. Or, you bring in someone from lower down your league that you don't know is capable of winning you a league and you risk winning nothing while he settles in. Whatever floats your boat.

They may find out that is the way they have to go. However they have just had 25 years of success based on sticking with one manager, Id say trying to emulate that is not to far from their minds!

It certainly appears that way. If it is the case then they're on a deluded hiding to nothing. 25 years and 1,000 other European clubs haven't been able to reproduce the Fergie phenomenon.

Klopp for one. They could've gotten Mourinho had they flashed their knickers early enough. There are plenty of top drawer managers out there who would've taken over from Fergie. Moyes is incredibly underwhelming.

I'm not sure Mourinho would want to be the man who follows Fergie either. Now if he were to be the man who follows Moyes...

Oh they'll all want to follow Moyes alright. I always got the impression Mourinho was doing a whistlestop tour of Yurp until Fergie retired.

he was. not see his arse licking at Old Trafford last season in Champions League. must have destroyed his ego that United looked past him

It was the mutual respect that had me convinced. Even in his first stint at Chelski it was apparent that there was a bit of a bromance between the 2 of them.

Oh they'll all want to follow Moyes alright. I always got the impression Mourinho was doing a whistlestop tour of Yurp until Fergie retired.

he was. not see his arse licking at Old Trafford last season in Champions League. must have destroyed his ego that United looked past him

Mourinho is smart, he wants the Manchester United job, but he wants it after the man who follows Fergie, because you usually get compared to the manager before, so Mourinho will want the job after Moyes.

According to BBC Radio 5 Van Persie is unimpressed with Moyes training methods and tactics. If things don't improve he will be considering his future.

I don't know if thats a reliable source, I seem to remember they were saying Benteke was off to Spurs for 26 mil

Edited by Voinjama

Just seen the picture of Rooney's face.

He needs to harden the **** up. Geraint Thomas rode 20 stages of Le Tour with a fractured pelvis. 

Rooney gets shaving cut and cries off for 3 weeks. 

Strap on a pair. 

According to BBC Radio 5 Van Persie is unimpressed with Moyes training methods and tactics. If things don't improve he will be considering his future.

I don't know if thats a reliable source, I seem to remember they were saying Benteke was off to Spurs for 26 mil

surprisingly denied by the club. media are trying get as many digs in as possible as revenge for how Fergie had them on a leash

Talking of managers who would've taken over, what about Jupp Heynckes.. After all he had just won everything in the European game available to him that season, with a team a similar stature of utd.

Tangent, but I love Heynckes because of his managing tenure at M'gladbach in the 80's with guys like Matthaus on the line-up. Well, except for that second leg 4-0 loss to Real at Bernabeu... still hurts.

Â