QI

Kingfisher

Did you know.

In 1935, Rowntree's launched the Aero Mint chocolate bar into the UK. The milk chocolate variation came much later, in the 1970s.

The slogan "Have you felt the bubbles melt?" was invented by Nick Welch, an advertiser and the father of Florence Welch of the indie band Florence and the Machine.

Did you know.

In 1935, Rowntree's launched the Aero Mint chocolate bar into the UK. The milk chocolate variation came much later, in the 1970s.

The slogan "Have you felt the bubbles melt?" was invented by Nick Welch, an advertiser and the father of Florence Welch of the indie band Florence and the Machine.

in before the Salman Rushdie comment :)

Did you know.

in before the Salman Rushdie comment :)

Naughty

I think there's already a thread for this stuff.

Anyway...

Did you know.

I'm damn sure there was a milk chocolate version when I Wor A Lad (1960s).

There was also a very nice coffee flavour Aero, which they should relaunch.

Edited by mjmooney

I think there's already a thread for this stuff.

Anyway...

Did you know.

I'm damn sure there was a milk chocolate version when I Wor A Lad (1860s).

There was also a very nice coffee flavour Aero, which they should relaunch.

don't remember the coffee one  ..was that recent or way back ?

Way back, 60s. I may have imagined it, but I don't think so.

Wiki doesn't mention an old coffee flavoured one, but does say:

"There are several flavours of Aero. These include the Original Aero (which consists of milk chocolate throughout), Mint Aero (with a green, bubbly, mint-flavoured centre, covered in milk chocolate), Caramel Aero (with a caramel layer on top of the chocolate layer), Dark Chocolate Aero, White Chocolate Aero, Latte flavour Aero and Crispy Aeros (similar to Nestlé Crunch bars). Orange Aeros (orange/chocolate layered) were sold for a while as well, and larger 100g sized bars are currently available in some stores. In the 1970s there were also Strawberry flavour bars. In the UK, and recently Canada, Aero Bubbles are also available. These are small, round chocolates with a bubbly centre, available in Milk Chocolate and Mint flavours and a mixture of both. In May 2012, Aero Orange and Aero Bubbles Orange were both introduced in Canada and in the UK as a limited edition."

Orange Aero is one of my favourite things ever.

i didnt know the show was 10 years old

personally i prefer the general ignorance stuff rather than the facts, the stuff where common knowledge is wrong, the animals on noah's ark being in pairs for example when in reality the bible says clean animals (hooved i think) went on in 7s or something daft (other than the obvious answer of it not existing...)

QI is my favourite show

Brilliant show. Stephen Fry is excellent, everyone in my family loves that show and him. Seems like a really nice guy(yes I heard the depression stuff, I don`t care) 

On killer whales, pretty sure this has been posted before, but whatever. Anyway, they were spotted by Spanish-speaking fisherman who saw a pair of orcas killing a whale of some breed, and they referred to them as "whale killers". Due to the latin structuring of their sentencing whereupon the subject is put before the adjective unlike in English (e.g. the black cat, French le chat noir) so they were mistranslated from "whale killers" to "killer whales".

Pago Pago (capital of American Samoa) used to be Pango Pango, but due to a mapping error the n's were missed and the name stuck.

QI is my favourite show

Brilliant show. Stephen Fry is excellent, everyone in my family loves that show and him. Seems like a really nice guy(yes I heard the depression stuff, I don`t care)

I don't think depression would stop him being a nice guy! :P

Edited by PieFacE

Pago Pago (capital of American Samoa) used to be Pango Pango, but due to a mapping error the n's were missed and the name stuck.

Pango is how the word sounds when Samoan's  say Pago  .. so it's pronounced Pango Pango but written as Pago Pago

least that's what I was told when I was there B)

Water IS actually blue. But it's so faint that it needs to be in incredibly large quantities to appear so. Contrary to popularly held opinions, the sea is not blue because it reflects the atmosphere.

miguk is korean for america, americans started calling them gook as a racial slur because they thought they were saying "me gook"

just seems perfectly an american thing to do

Edited by villa4europe

Â