VillaGoMarching

AFAIK Van Der Vaarts wife works in Hamburg for german tv. Couple that with the fact that Hamburg is a much nicer city than London and I think he made up his mind rather quickly.

Eh?

Capoue will offer cover for the central defence as well, which is needed at a time with three first choices out injured and Caulker sold.

Long term it's to replace 2-3 players that our on their way out though (Huddlestone, Parker, Livermore)

Very good player.

But cover for your CB's isnt exactly what you need. You just need some reliable, natural CB's.

Can see why, if you wanted another midfielder why a DM would be it, Parker hasn't been as good, Sandro already had a lengthy injury that could spring up again I suppose. But the number of midfielders is becoming a bit ridiculous when you've sold Caulker already and your strike force is pretty weak when you consider Adebayor and Defoe's form. Soldado is obviously a good player...but still. You'd expect a top 4 teams to have a lot of depth in their strike force

Edited by HalfTimePost

Very good player.

But cover for your CB's isnt exactly what you need. You just need some reliable, natural CB's.

Can see why, if you wanted another midfielder why a DM would be it, Parker hasn't been as good, Sandro already had a lengthy injury that could spring up again I suppose. But the number of midfielders is becoming a bit ridiculous when you've sold Caulker already and your strike force is pretty weak when you consider Adebayor and Defoe's form. Soldado is obviously a good player...but still. You'd expect a top 4 teams to have a lot of depth in their strike force

Nicolas Otamendi 

Btw if you play a lone striker and you've got 25+ goals from Bale, having Defoe and Adebayor as back-up to Soldado does not make for a weak strike-force! I'd say Benteke, Weismann, and Abonglohor (sp?) is pretty good, but it's not as good as what I just quoted!

Edited by TartarugaJones

Yeah, but Spurs will only have Bale for another week or so...

Just like Benteke was going to leave when he handed in a transfer request?

I suspect Benteke will prove an exception. Can't see Rooney, Bale or Suarez being at their current clubs by the end of the month. Kudos to Spurs if they hang onto Bale!

Yeah, but Spurs will only have Bale for another week or so...

Just like Benteke was going to leave when he handed in a transfer request?

I suspect Benteke will prove an exception. Can't see Rooney, Bale or Suarez being at their current clubs by the end of the month. Kudos to Spurs if they hang onto Bale!

We'll sell him if Real stump up, and rightly so! I just can't see them doing it... :)

TartarugaJones, do you not think that the spending on Soldado, Paulinho, and Chadli plus the other rumoured incomings possibly lends itself to the idea that Spurs have already started spending the Bale money?

I think there's that possibility yes, but I don't think it is the case.

First of all, thanks to the massive new TV deal all clubs will get a minimum £30m boost to their coffers. Depending how high we finish and how many of our games are shown on TV that could rise to as high as £60m. Let's be conservative and assume we get an additional £40m in TV money. Then consider we've spent a net £-30m on player transfers the last two seasons. Whereas typically we'd spend a net £16m. So far we've spent a net £46m. So all things being equal, given the TV money boost and our typical spending from a few years ago we're within budget. 

But all things may not be equal, Levy has shown himself to be willing to spend much more than £16m in a season. In 07/08 he spent £34m net on players. And remember that's when our turnover was less than half what it is now. Then you factor in any additional player sales this summer (not inc Bale). You also need to consider whether they think this is the year to make a push, a couple or three of our rivals have question marks hanging over them. We need a big sponsorship deal next summer and a high-profile successful team will help with that. And perhaps into the equation you throw the inkling that ENIC might be looking to sell the club...

Basically all in all I think our spend this summer is quite explicable without the need to suggest a forced sale of Bale.

Edited by TartarugaJones

Levy is smart.. they have agreed a deal with Real. you cant deny them when they want a player.

He is spending it now before he gets held to ransom as he has the bale money.

Â