Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

47 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Butter with sandwiches subject. 

I’m relatively ambivalent. I suppose I would fall into the cold sandwich/butter hot sandwich/no butter group if anything. 

Related though, you’re having soup. Bread roll to your left. Little butter sachet along with it. Is it being opened? Do the no butter on any sandwich crowd do likewise or do they make an exception?

Me, again I’m easy going. If butter is about I will use it. It’s not essential though.

For the cold sandwich needs butter group, would you add butter to a tuna mayonnaise sandwich?

If I'm eating soup then I'd just dip the bread in. Any butter would limit the bread soaking up the soup. If it was French onion soup then I'd maybe melt some cheese on it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

For the cold sandwich needs butter group, would you add butter to a tuna mayonnaise sandwich?

If I'm eating soup then I'd just dip the bread in. Any butter would limit the bread soaking up the soup. If it was French onion soup then I'd maybe melt some cheese on it.

Tuna, even the smell of it, makes me gag. That appears on a sandwich, even if drunk, it's binned. 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

Probably not, but I’m not much of a tuna sandwich guy. If there’s mayonnaise involved butter won’t be.

7 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Probably not, but I’m not much of a tuna sandwich guy. If there’s mayonnaise involved butter won’t be.

This is why I don't go for butter on the sandwiches. I'd rather have mayonnaise or mustard or something if the sandwich needs 'wet', but generally I find if you have good quality bread and fillings then you often don't need the 'wet'.

11 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

100% yes. Although I don't think of it in that sequence. I would add mayonnaise to a tuna sandwich. The bread would already be buttered. Obviously. As it's a sandwich. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I would literally add butter to any sandwich. 

I don't understand why you wouldn't.

• Like 2

MrsVM was shocked when we first met that I didn't butter the bread for a bacon butty though she then watched me dip the bread in the bacon fat.

And butter on sandwiches for sure, for bread in your soup definitely.

But proper butter, not spread/marg etc

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bickster said:

They are greasy oily shite full of fat that taste like soap

I'm not sure what you think you are eating if you think something that full of fat isn't greasy

Are you sure you're not mixing avocados up with imperial leather?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, luckyeddie said:

Let me get this straight. If you like butter on sandwiches you're no better than Jimmy Savile and if you don't like butter on your sandwiches you are no better than Lucy Letby.😂

You can tell the sort of person that doesn’t butter a sandwich, they stand up to wipe and don’t approve of female pundits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've had to take a deep breath and step away from my screen after reading some of these sandwich opinions. 

Butter on a hot sausage sandwich? I though Jimmy Savile was depraved, but this is just mental. 

In all fairness you like beans in pots so let's wind it down a bit

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, luckyeddie said:

Let me get this straight. If you like butter on sandwiches you're no better than Jimmy Savile and if you don't like butter on your sandwiches you are no better than Lucy Letby.😂

We're a fair and measured crowd. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â