Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The amount of people talking about Arsenal and how their season is a failure.

It really isn't!

It would feel like it if you were a fan though. I've never seen my Arsenal supporting mates so despondent.

That kinda proves how spoiled they are, doesnt it? I mean, even if you dont see Arsenal win silverware every year you know that you will see a very entertaining team play some wonderful football 20-30 times a season, which is a damn sight more than 99% of the other clubs in football manage.

It really isn't!

It would feel like it if you were a fan though. I've never seen my Arsenal supporting mates so despondent.

Why would it?

Ok yes they should have won the Carling Cup.

But they were knocked out of the FA cup by arguably the best team in England.

They were knocked out of the Champion's league by arguably the best team of all time.

And they are 3 points off the top of the premier league with a game in hand, 10 games from the end of the season.

If you'd offered them that at the start of the season they'd have taken it all day long.

Plus, look how much they've improved since last season, as Wenger predicted they would. If they make that sort of improvement again next season, they'll be brilliant.

It really isn't!

Why would it?

They were knocked out of the Champion's league by arguably the best team of all time.

And they are 3 points off the top of the premier league with a game in hand, 10 games from the end of the season.

If you'd offered them that at the start of the season they'd have taken it all day long.

Plus, look how much they've improved since last season, as Wenger predicted they would. If they make that sort of improvement again next season, they'll be brilliant.

In the space of two weeks they've been knocked out of three competitions, one they'd have expected to easily win, another they could have won given United's midfield and fair enough against Barca (although it is understandable to feel aggrieved in the circumstances with the poor referee).

It's comparable to us because we'd love to be in that position of playing great football etc etc. Those Arse fans are used to it - and in some ways while it is attractive not all see it as successful football.

That kinda proves how spoiled they are, doesnt it? I mean, even if you dont see Arsenal win silverware every year you know that you will see a very entertaining team play some wonderful football 20-30 times a season, which is a damn sight more than 99% of the other clubs in football manage.
True. To the Arse fans I've spoken to they acknowledge the football side of things but just wish they were more effective.

When a bit of ice on the windscreen forms a little dribble waterfall. You hit the wipers once and it clears it. It immediately starts again. Repeat.

It really isn't!

Why would it?

In the space of two weeks they've been knocked out of three competitions, one they'd have expected to easily win, another they could have won given United's midfield and fair enough against Barca (although it is understandable to feel aggrieved in the circumstances with the poor referee).

It's comparable to us because we'd love to be in that position of playing great football etc etc. Those Arse fans are used to it - and in some ways while it is attractive not all see it as successful football.

Doesn't change the fact they had 0 shots on goal... In what mind can ANY team claim they were hard done to when they can't even test the opposition keeper? Personally, it makes no difference who they were playing if they had 0 shots on target, even with a refereeing clanger (which it was) then they have no right to claim they deserved it.

If they had played Ipswich over 2 legs and Ipswich had won 2-1 or 1-0 first leg, then Arsenal won 2-0 in the return leg (with Ipswich having a player sent off, dubiously). They would claim that Ipswich's 0 shots on goal meant they deserved to win despite the decision.

Its just a case of looking for a scapegoat. Other than acknowledging the blatant statistical facts that 0 shots on goal, home or away- against anyone- is atrocious, unacceptable and they deserved to walk away with nothing.

Get over it, move on, they have the advantage in the title race; a game-in-hand and no distractions. Feel aggrieved about the decision but they can't escape the fact they were shocking at the Nou Camp and deserved to lose.

Who said they deserved to win? Any fan isn't going to be happy with a sending off in that manner as it always leaves a question of 'what if?'

Of course, they'd have probably lost anyway, but that's football for you.

In what mind can ANY team claim they were hard done to when they can't even test the opposition keeper?
Arsenal were winning the tie when RvP was sent off. So 'my mind' can say they technically didn't NEED to be testing the keeper. They were already ahead. And IIRC Barca were doing an enormous amount of huffing and puffing but they weren't actually scoring while RvP was occupying their defenders. Once he went off, their defence could concentrate more on helping the attack and it also meant the remainding Arsenal players did more running around, affecting their fitness late into the game. It also meant that whoever came on up front would inevitably be less effective in a counter-attack. The Bendtner chance late on, for example, might have been taken better by a player who isn't a complete retarded donkey. Someone like RvP for example. Barca went through by one goal and that chance could theoretically have made the difference.

You go on about Arsenal having zero chances (despite them scoring). The amount of chances doesn't actually matter if you can't put the ball in the net. Something Barca were having enormous trouble doing when both teams had their full complement. The referee saw to it that that didn't last. But I appreciate that it wasn't his only blunder that night. It is arguable that RvP's first offence was a red in itself. And Messi had a good shout for a penalty in the first half. It was just a shit ref. But to say the red didn't matter is just factually incorrect.

Personally, it makes no difference who they were playing if they had 0 shots on target, even with a refereeing clanger (which it was) then they have no right to claim they deserved it.

No-one is saying "they deserved it". What people ARE saying (... pause ...) is that an 11-man Arsenal were succeeding in stopping Barca from scoring - for many footballing reasons - where a 10 man Arsenal failed.

It really isn't!

Why would it?

But they could quite easily win the league. When I say quite easily I mean they have a great chance.

Yes in 2 weeks they've gone out of competitions, but the FA cup exit and Champions League exit aren't failures. It's just the timing of them that's worked out that way. Yes not beating Blues was crap.

It's just weird. My mate emailed me earlier about the game at the weekend and said "Arsenal's season is over"

How can it be over when they're still very much in the title race?!

Shouldn't this be in "Other Football"?
Occasionally a football-ish topic will go in here, get discussed for a bit and be forgotten :)

Dribble physics is a complex area with many facets to observe including windscreen angle, forward velocity, wiper speed, wiper coverage, temperature, water volume. I'd just leave them on Mike :)

When a bit of ice on the windscreen forms a little dribble waterfall. You hit the wipers once and it clears it. It immediately starts again. Repeat.

What car do you drive?

Theres way round this by changing the size of the blades.

If Arsenal think they've had a shit season they can stfu. We've had a manger walk out, players revolt, players leave, drop into the relegation zone, lost our best player get knocked out of a cup by our deadly scum rivals, watch said scummy rivals WIN said cup all a year after losing the final after being utterly conned by the referee. **** off Arsenal.

Â