Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

If you're necking stuff that can kill you then that's your fault, not the game.

The game is to neck a pint. Not to do something that'll kill you. It's no more or less dangerous than any normal drinking game.

If the odd person takes it too far and does something stupid then that's their fault.

So you think something which encourages young people to video themselves drinking is a game. Fair enough we're all entitled to our opinion but as we've already seen something like this very quickly gets out of control when one wants to out do the other and that has resulted in a death.

Did you see the news last night where the family of the young lad that died pleaded for this craze to stop? Try telling them that its just a game and I suppose if any teachers agree with your above post what does that actually say about those who are employed to set an example to children.

Yes, it is a game. I'm not sure how else you'd describe it, even if you don't like it?

Drinking games aren't new. I have sympathy for the guys who died and their families. But I would say their death is way more to do with them being moronic about what they were drinking than the game. The game isn't to down pints of spirits or anything else that can kill you.

Blaming the game for their deaths is like blaming the inventor of the motorbike because someone died trying to jump the grand canyon on one.

Nice dig at Stefan at the end there. Classy.

The problem with your 'game' Stevo is that it has very quickly lost it's original identity and escalated into a dare scenario of 'chicken' all over the social networks whereby one party tries to outdo the other and it's that escalation that has finally caused someone's death.

One of the main social networks in Ireland has now banned your 'game' and not before time.

'Your game'? What? People neck things regardless. People egg each other on when it comes to alcohol regardless. Blaming the game here is ridiculous.

Again, I need to ask, was there any need for your ridiculously over the top, inappropriate dig at me?

It was very appropriate in the circumstances which have already been explained to you in another thread. If you want to make further comment then I suggest you take it to pm.

Something that pisses me off?

That I get my suitability for my profession questioned publicly for absolutely no reason.

Yeah that's poor

So , Where would you like us to start :P

I know you're joking Tony and I can take a bit of light-hearted ribbing about the work conditions and having my grammar scrutinised. But what happened earlier is a total joke.

• Like 1

Something that pisses me off?

That I get my suitability for my profession questioned publicly for absolutely no reason.

Yeah that's poor

So , Where would you like us to start :P

to be fair Stef you can't be guardian to all the kids all the time, I mean ffs people have to have a sense of proportion - you're only in school 9 til 3

joooooke

Morph's let himself down a little on this one, bizarre bit of trying to pin something on someone. Best to park it up and find something new to fall out over there Morph.

• Like 2

If you're necking stuff that can kill you then that's your fault, not the game.

The game is to neck a pint. Not to do something that'll kill you. It's no more or less dangerous than any normal drinking game.

If the odd person takes it too far and does something stupid then that's their fault.

So you think something which encourages young people to video themselves drinking is a game. Fair enough we're all entitled to our opinion but as we've already seen something like this very quickly gets out of control when one wants to out do the other and that has resulted in a death.

Did you see the news last night where the family of the young lad that died pleaded for this craze to stop? Try telling them that its just a game and I suppose if any teachers agree with your above post what does that actually say about those who are employed to set an example to children.

Yes, it is a game. I'm not sure how else you'd describe it, even if you don't like it?

Drinking games aren't new. I have sympathy for the guys who died and their families. But I would say their death is way more to do with them being moronic about what they were drinking than the game. The game isn't to down pints of spirits or anything else that can kill you.

Blaming the game for their deaths is like blaming the inventor of the motorbike because someone died trying to jump the grand canyon on one.

Nice dig at Stefan at the end there. Classy.

The problem with your 'game' Stevo is that it has very quickly lost it's original identity and escalated into a dare scenario of 'chicken' all over the social networks whereby one party tries to outdo the other and it's that escalation that has finally caused someone's death.

One of the main social networks in Ireland has now banned your 'game' and not before time.

'Your game'? What? People neck things regardless. People egg each other on when it comes to alcohol regardless. Blaming the game here is ridiculous.

Again, I need to ask, was there any need for your ridiculously over the top, inappropriate dig at me?

It was very appropriate in the circumstances which have already been explained to you in another thread. If you want to make further comment then I suggest you take it to pm.

You don't get to 'suggest' anything. You've made a completely ridiculous, inappropriate and unnecessary comment and I'm not letting you get away with it.

May as well ban 1) everyone and 2) teachers from doing everything. You're so hugely against it because one person died. How many people die from direct contact with alcohol in a year? Should 1) everybody and  2) teachers be banned from drinking? How many people die from smoking in a year? Should 1) Everybody and 2) teachers be banned from smoking? What I do in my own time in private (as long as it's legal) has absolutely nothing with my ability to be a role model. It's absolutely pathetic that you have to sink to that sort of level to just get a pop in. People make bad decisions whether or not they're playing a game. People get egged on when drinking regardless of whether they're playing a game. People get egged on to do worth even when they haven't had a drink.

I would never turn up to school drunk. I would never turn up to school hungover. I would never discuss anything to do with my private life with my kids or their parents. My Twitter is private. My Facebook is private. My photos are private. I'm incredibly enthusiastic about teaching. My class love me. I get the feeling they look up to me.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

Totally OT

But my daughters teacher (female) added me as a friend on Facebook and whilst stalking her profile i found a picture of her snogging her (female) mate whilst drunk at a party

I was so angry I complained to the school ...

And next time they have promised they will give me notice of where the party will be

Ok I made that bit up but the snogging bit is true .. And good luck to her , I expect my teachers to be human like the rest of us and enjoy a night out

Long as they leave it outside of school

See she's been a bit daft there and if I was her headteacher, I'd be a bit miffed (unless you know her outside of her being your daughter's teacher). Not because of her going out, or even having the pictures on FB; you just don't allow yourself to be put into any sort of situation. Ever. Safeguarding 101.

My A Level economics teacher took us to the pub on a regular basis, and paid for a stripper on another teacher's leaving do.  That we all went to.

And I turned out OK.......

My A Level economics teacher took us to the pub on a regular basis, and paid for a stripper on another teacher's leaving do. That we all went to.

Obvious joke is too obvious :P

See she's been a bit daft there and if I was her headteacher, I'd be a bit miffed (unless you know her outside of her being your daughter's teacher). Not because of her going out, or even having the pictures on FB; you just don't allow yourself to be put into any sort of situation. Ever. Safeguarding 101.

I'm working on it , trust me :)

• Like 1

My A Level economics teacher took us to the pub on a regular basis, and paid for a stripper on another teacher's leaving do. That we all went to.

Obvious joke is too obvious :P

I'm working on it , trust me :)

As a young male teacher working in KS1, some of the parents are still low enough into their 20's to be passable and tidy. :P

Edited by StefanAVFC

But they will and they will learn from it the same way I did

That's what we're afraid of Tony.

Explain ?

Never mind, it was just my ol' 'ilariously GSOH kicking in. The attempt at a joke being that they might turn out like you. Which nobody would want. Obviously.

But they will and they will learn from it the same way I did

That's what we're afraid of Tony.
Explain ?

Never mind, it was just my ol' 'ilariously GSOH kicking in. The attempt at a joke being that they might turn out like you. Which nobody would want. Obviously.

You sound like Mrs H :)

Ps a smiley would have helped in your original post

Ps a smiley would have helped in your original post

Probably. But we wouldn't want it to be TOO obviously a joke now. Here's one anyway:

Here it cooomes:

:)

There.

Yeah but imagine if I was one of them there angry Internet folk like in On topic

We'd now be moving on from the name calling phase to the putting a curse on each other's families

• Like 2

Jam with 'no bits'.

What's the point?

Likewise smooth peanut butter. It should be crunchy or GTFO.

Where do you stand on orange juice? Bits or no bits? 

I prefer it without. 

Â