Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I'm not sure which name is more ironic, that or Turkish Delight?

A sweet that I've never 'got'. Revolting stuff. It should work. It just ... doesn't.

I'm not sure which name is more ironic, that or Turkish Delight?

A sweet that I've never 'got'. Revolting stuff. It should work. It just ... doesn't.

Turkish delight is my kryptonite, brings on a migraine all by itself. Evil stuff.

Oh Jebus, I could eat Turkish Delight until I either implode or shit a mound of gelatin.

Me too. The real stuff though, not that Cadbury's joke version.

Preferably the rose and pistachio versions.

• Like 1

proper Turkish delight (i.e not from Fry's with chocolate around it )  is yummy  .... mind you it's background in the UK was as a sweet for  high class society so those of you who don't like it are probably just plebs :)

• Like 3

As someone who has only ever tried Turkish in its Frys or Cadburys incarnation, what's the difference between that and 'the real stuff'? I'd have thought Cadburys would be a decent quality product or at the very least a close approximation to what TD should be.

That's my thinking Shillzz. I'm just making sure that I haven't presumed it and that there isn't some wonderful product out there that I've ignored off the back of a bad experience elsewhere :)

• Like 1

proper Turkish delight (i.e not from Fry's with chocolate around it )  is yummy  .... mind you it's background in the UK was as a sweet for  high class society so those of you who don't like it are probably just plebs :)

Turkish delight is lovely, got to suck it whilst breaking it up with your tongue. I don't mind the fry's chocolate surrounded stuff either, I quite often get that at the cinema

As someone who has only ever tried Turkish in its Frys or Cadburys incarnation, what's the difference between that and 'the real stuff'? I'd have thought Cadburys would be a decent quality product or at the very least a close approximation to what TD should be.

Hell, no. Very different beast.

The Cadbury/Fry stuff is OK as far as it goes TBH, but it;'s quite different from authentic TD.

The real stuff is less... 'shiny' and gelatinous. More chewy. Normally dusted with icing sugar, and flavoured with aromatic things like rose petals, pistachio, lemon, etc.

I only ever eat it at Christmas.

Edited by mjmooney

Â