Proudest moment as a Villan

limpid

Yeah briney mate - that was a game - over 48,000 for a Div 3 game - we broke attendance records where ever we went - remember the Gillingham manager (was it Dave Peach) say they wouldn't mind playing and losing to Villa each week - because we broke their attendance record!. Good days - fond memories. We were a family - fans and players and club.

great days.i am right in remembering we came up with united in 75?

Yes - we did - last game that season against Sunderland at VP - thousands locked outside. Inside packed like sardines. Little's great goal a curler from outside the box. We got just as many (if not more) fans than Utd in those days.

• Like 1

great days.i am right in remembering we came up with united in 75?

Yes - we did - last game that season against Sunderland at VP - thousands locked outside. Inside packed like sardines. Little's great goal a curler from outside the box. We got just as many (if not more) fans than Utd in those days.

man remember that game.could'nt get in the holte so had to go in the witton end,ended up at the top of the bank by that old hut that used to be there,saw nowt but did'nt care.

Pinned to my fridge, so I see it every day and never ever forget what we are.

243ji13.jpg

i had my hair done exactly like tony morley,highlites and all.

Edited by krisagg75

Pinned to my fridge, so I see it every day and never ever forget what we are.

243ji13.jpg

i had my hair done exactly like tony morley,highlites and all.

Is that a statement or your proudest moment as a Villa fan??

It was 74-75 for me. I was a speedway fan too back then and along with Villa winning the league cup and being promoted, Birmingham won the league and cup in 74 and the league again a year later. Everything was great back then, only school took the gloss off from time to time!. Wembley 75 was a great day for me, my first cup final and a Villa win, a great start for Sir Ron. When we clinched promotion against Sunderland I was sitting in the Witton Lane seats and the noise from the Holte was deafening. I can recall them singing "2nd division rubbish" to the away fans. Good times.

The Saunders years were truly, truly magic.

• Like 2

It was 74-75 for me. I was a speedway fan too back then and along with Villa winning the league cup and being promoted, Birmingham won the league and cup in 74 and the league again a year later. Everything was great back then, only school took the gloss off from time to time!. Wembley 75 was a great day for me, my first cup final and a Villa win, a great start for Sir Ron. When we clinched promotion against Sunderland I was sitting in the Witton Lane seats and the noise from the Holte was deafening. I can recall them singing "2nd division rubbish" to the away fans. Good times.

But there were fans even then who felt Saunders was not who we wanted and wanted him gone (no internet then but talk in pubs etc). It wasn't all smooth Sailing even for Sir Ron

But there were fans even then who felt Saunders was not who we wanted and wanted him gone (no internet then but talk in pubs etc). It wasn't all smooth Sailing even for Sir Ron

Hey, I was 15, I couldn't get into pubs!!  :cheers:

When we won the Peace Cup

Bumped in to Ashley young in tescos petrol station in Stourbridge the day after I got back and had a good chat to him about it, easy to write it off as just a pre season means nothing rubbish cup but it was a great time, we played youngsters Albrighton and bannan played a lot out there, young scored one of the best goals I've ever seen us score, we beat a good Porto and a good juvenile team, there was a great buzz around it

Hey, I was 15, I couldn't get into pubs!!  :cheers:

I was 16/17 and I did! :D  :cheers:

Not quite sure why, but the combination of this thread and seeing matches today where teams needed improbable scorelines to stay up/win the league etc., made me think back to the 1964/5 season. 

We played Man U at VP on the last match day of the season. They were heading the table, 2 points ahead of Leeds  and with a goal average that meant they would win the league unless Leeds won and we beat Man U by something like a 10 goal margin. We were about 16th but safe.

I was very young back then and I really thought we were going to beat United by 10 goals!

Can't remember the exact details of the game but I think we went 1-0 up, then Utd pulled a goal back, and we went 2-1 up. I remember standing on the Holte End singing "9 more goals to go" and I probably still thought we would do it. However, sadly the scoreline remained at 2-1 so United won the title on goal difference. But we did beat the champions on the final day of the season and I guarantee that match was more fun than any seen at VP this season.

Edited by briny_ear

When we beat Norwich in the league cup ( that was the first time I saw Villa play live ) enjoyed the european cup win against B.Munich ( but only read about it in the newspaper )

But to answer your question " proudest moment as  a Villan" all season long and during the close season as well.

Edited by PussEKatt
  • Like 1

Every morning that I go to work @Old Trafford, the proudest moment is telling people I'm a Villa fan and seeing the look on their faces as to why I'm so vocal about it.

They'll appreciate it in time, when they're all jumping on the C&B bandwagon!

• Like 2

Highlights include being at Wembley (and Old Trafford) in the 70's, 80's and 90's when we won the league cup, being at Highbury when we won the league (missed Rotterdam as I was in hospital) but the day we announced our link with Acorns fills me with pride for all sorts of reasons.

Has to be when I robbed this bank and got my crew to shoot one another once they finished their assigned jobs, but the last guy caught on and pulled a gun on me, then I was like LOL there's a bus and he was like wut and I did a wee side shuffle and blamo, yer man was clobbered by a school bus.

Good times.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Â