Glastonbury 2013

coda

had the opportunity to watch Pil at rebellion Festival last year, decided life was too short and went for cheesey chips instead. I appreciate the cool story aspect of this post.

each to their own with music and I wouldn't count my taste superior to anyone else's

But I'd have felt properly let down by that last headline act, I didn't get any sense of stage craft or participation or light show or big rocking tune or anything from Mumford. Which would be fine, if their music stood on its own two feet, but they were utterly utterly mundane. I couldn't even be bothered to dislike them.

each to their own with music and I wouldn't count my taste superior to anyone else's

But I'd have felt properly let down by that last headline act, I didn't get any sense of stage craft or participation or light show or big rocking tune or anything from Mumford. Which would be fine, if their music stood on its own two feet, but they were utterly utterly mundane. I couldn't even be bothered to dislike them.

I think D1 described them perfectly in the TTPYOBS topic - Trust Fund Wurzels

• Like 1

Yeah Mumford are mundane, yeah they aren't a headline act, I don't really care if they are privileged or not, I don't own any of their albums and I wouldn't buy a ticket to see them live but I can't help but like The Cave.

I wish I had been able to experience the festival prior pre super fence era - I can imagine it would have been a very different experience.

I went in 1995 and 1998, I dont think id like to go now though. Id imagine its changed a lot and the crowd is very different.

Â