Glastonbury 2013

coda

I've been trying to watch it on the Beeb's live feed but it keeps cutting out.

Caught Dinosaur Jr who I thought were excellent. I gave Alt J a chance, for five minutes, but just can't get into them.

Any tips on who to catch?

Airstrike the whole goddamn place with nerve gas and do the human gene pool some good for once. 

:)  I love the breadth of opinions on here.

Watching Elvis Costello on the red button. I'm undecided if he's any good.

• Like 1

Can't believe this thread has only spawned this year.  

I wish I was there, haven't been since 2010 which was hard to enjoy as it was 5 days of the hottest weather ever recorded in the universe.

Airstrike the whole goddamn place with nerve gas and do the human gene pool some good for once. 

:)  I love the breadth of opinions on here.

Watching Elvis Costello on the red button. I'm undecided if he's any good.

I forgot to add the smilie at the end. I'm a right miserable word removed I'll admit but I'm not CED :P

Obviously I'm not at the festival this year or I wouldn't be typing this right now but I strongly suspect that the BBC are overselling the size of the crowd in front of the Pyramid Stage for the Stones.  The daily capacity of the festival this year is 177.5k.  Even if the Stones pull all of that (and they will probably 'only' get somewhere in the region of 100k) then it's still nothing compared to the numbers that turned up for the festival in the years before the super fence turned up.  I was there in 2000, and conservative estimates put the crowd that year at 250k because so many people gatecrashed the place. 

Mind you, the BBC have a history of doing that sort of thing.  I remember when they pulled Pete Townshend to one side after The Who had played Live 8. 

BBC - Pete, have you ever seen a crowd like that before? 

Townshend - Yeah, we headlined Woodstock. 

Edited by The_Rev

I wish I had been able to experience the festival prior pre super fence era - I can imagine it would have been a very different experience.

In a lot of ways it was worse because it was full of scallies who there to **** people over and rob tents.    At least with the super fence up the only people inside are people who actually want to be there. 

Just watching The Stones now.  Mick aint bad for a bloke who turns 70 next month, is he? 

As long as they hit some stuff from 68-72 I'll be happy.  I was never the biggest fan of early stones, but that run of albums from Beggars Banquet through to Exile on Main Street was pretty much perfect.  

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 4

Give credit to them, they do seem to just keep going.. It's pretty impressive tbh.

Mick Jagger doesn't half move well for nearly 70. I am bit worried Keith Richards might die on stage though!

The life he's lived, he's done well to reach this far...

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Â