Glastonbury 2013

coda

Watched the Rolling Stones set last night... disappointed BBC didn't show all of it. 

As mentioned before, Mick moves well for a bloke of nearly 70! So much energy. Keith looked his age though. Good to see Mick Taylor on stage for a few songs.. at first glance I thought it was Bill Wyman!

Have they done Gimme Shelter?

They did play it but BBC chose not to show it. 

Have they done Gimme Shelter?

They did play it but BBC chose not to show it. 

I don't think they were allowed to. The Rolling Stones are about the worst group for copyright claims. Their videos are always disappearing from youtube.

People were interviewed at the barrier waiting for the Stones at 11:00am. Do they wait there without moving all day (12 hours) to keep their spot? 

Arctic Monkeys were very good. Alex's stage presence has improved so much over the years. It was a little strange, he was almost like a gameshow host or something. 

Looking forward to Nick Cave tonight.

Anyone who goes to a Nick Cave gig expecting a pleasant middle class soiree can go and **** themselves.

Yep. A bit like taking your kid to a football match. I first took Liza to VP when she was seven. Rule One was: don't repeat any of these chants in front of your mother! 

She got it. 

• Like 1

So far today Nick Cave has been the highlight for me. The Editors were good apart from playing the current single which remains bloody awful (Seems the crowd agreed). I Am Kloot were good. PIL were crap. The Congos were sublime. Now watching the XX's early set

From what I've seen of the whole weekend Portishead have been my favourite so far but that could change as I still have a large amount of catching up to do but a special mention for Good Times by Chic, that was great

Oh and Alt-J I really don't get why anyone likes that, its just DULL. F*** Buttons who I like were also a bit boring but to me that stuff is rarely good live.

Agreed with Milf - I watched Tame Impala who were brilliant. Also watched Everything Everything and TOY who were great, though I have seen the latter live twice.

Mumford and Sons are on live at the moment, only because the mother-in-law would like to see some non-offensive, middle-of-the-road drivel.

Didn't catch Nice Cave...I think I've been put off by the album this year which I didn't dig too much

Dont understand the xx, just awful, switched over to bbc2 and bloody mumford and sons. Bring on the football..

The XX first album is great, comes from a lineage that goes back to the Young Marble Giants, second album is average though, I think their bubbles burst already

Didn't catch Nick Cave...I think I've been put off by the album this year which I didn't dig too much

I liked the new album but the set today was more a greatest hits package anyway inc tupelo, Right Red Hand etc

Â