Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Bruno Alves has the touch of Dion Dublin,sign him up.

6cpg2ed.jpg

He was best known for viciously delivering a headbutt into Nuno Gomes's face in the 2005-2006 FC Porto-Benfica for which he received a red card. Known to be a violent player Bruno Alves became a more calm and concentrated player which surely helped him to show his true value to the team. Strong, tall, and almost invincible in the air, Alves gained a place to Ricardo Costa and João Paulo in FC Porto starting eleven this season and it seems very difficult for anyone to take it from him.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps they are **** off at being doubted and ridiculed for sharing what information they have so have thought better of it. It would not surprise me.

:cry: 8)

Moore not a youngster? You know he is only 20...

He is not a youngster in terms of the type of player you send out on loan to get first team/premiership experience which was the assumpition in the original post to suggest this!

id love us to go in for geremi from chelsea...surely have a chance now espiecially now theyve signed sidwell...

he is a quality right back and a quality midfielder...we could get him for £4 - 6 million....

awesome player, surprised you dont hear more about him...

I dont think Koumas is worth a punt at all, especially not for £6m! Davo is a better player, infact, so is Craig Gardner. I really don't understand the fascination with buying players from clubs who went down or didn't go up. If they aren't good enough, they aren't good enough. Let Koumas go somewhere else, and we'll see just how average he is. My two cents has been lodged. Thankyou for listening (if you did)

P.S. I also hope the rumours of Diomansy Kamara are media balls. If we're getting any Kamara, it had better be Chris!

I really don't understand the fascination with buying players from clubs who went down

Lucky Alex Ferguson didn't apply that rule when he signed Roy Keane then. As for me, i'd definitely take a chance with Koumas. Saw him several times last season & he was always a class above everyonce else on the pitch at that level. Thought he was excellent for the Welsh againest the Czech's at the weekend also.

Ok. What if we sign

NRC

Sneijder

Bellamy/Bent/Defoe

Luke Young

Mertesacker

Koumas

Would people still be miffed at buying Koumas? I think he'd be a decent buy, especially if we've lost McCann & Davis.

I think we'd be close to a financial disaster :(