Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

AHHH i finish my exams on 2nd june. I Hope to god things hot up around then. i have 3 months off! something to keep me busy.

Signings:

June 1st - Nigel Reo-coker

June 6th - C. Gordon

June 11th - Wesley Snjeider

June 14th - Afonso Alves

July 2nd - L.Young

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kewell can piss off. Bellamy is a prick with ability, Kewell is just a prick.

I don't REALLY want either, I REALLY don't want Harry Kewell. Thankfully I very much doubt MON does either.

i wouldnt be too sure

he signed Chris Sutton

Yeah, because he was available on a free at a time when it was impossible to sign anyone else. If you had a choice of Jennifer Aniston or Lorraine Kelly, you'd take Jennifer Aniston. But if Lorraine Kelly was the last person on earth, you'd give her the once over.

I don't REALLY want either, I REALLY don't want Harry Kewell. Thankfully I very much doubt MON does either.

you know him well do you?

Yeah, he's my best mate, I have him over for coffee once a week and we sit down and watch Premiership years.

:roll:

May 30, 2007

Kewell will fight off Villa’s attention to extend Anfield stayOliver Kay and Gary Jacob

Harry Kewell intends to fight for his place at Liverpool, despite interest from Aston Villa. Martin O’Neill, the Villa manager, is understood to be lining up a double bid to sign Kewell and Craig Bellamy, who is surplus to requirements at Anfield, but Kewell hopes to earn an extension to his contract, which will expire next summer.

Kewell has been given one boost in the past week – with both his left-wing rivals, Boudewijn Zenden and Mark González, about to leave the club – but Rafael BenÃtez hopes to bring in a top-class reinforcement in that position. Florent Malouda, of Lyons, is the favourite and is available for about £10 million. Mancini, the AS Roma winger, has emerged as another possible target, while the Liverpool manager is also monitoring the situation of Carlos Tévez, the West Ham United forward.

From the Times. Not many of these Liverpool players want to come to Villa. I would welcome the signing of Kewell though, think he's a top class player when fit.

Here's the link:-

short links - learn it, its not hard

May 30, 2007

Kewell will fight off Villa’s attention to extend Anfield stayOliver Kay and Gary Jacob

Harry Kewell intends to fight for his place at Liverpool, despite interest from Aston Villa. Martin O’Neill, the Villa manager, is understood to be lining up a double bid to sign Kewell and Craig Bellamy, who is surplus to requirements at Anfield, but Kewell hopes to earn an extension to his contract, which will expire next summer.

Kewell has been given one boost in the past week – with both his left-wing rivals, Boudewijn Zenden and Mark González, about to leave the club – but Rafael BenÃtez hopes to bring in a top-class reinforcement in that position. Florent Malouda, of Lyons, is the favourite and is available for about £10 million. Mancini, the AS Roma winger, has emerged as another possible target, while the Liverpool manager is also monitoring the situation of Carlos Tévez, the West Ham United forward.

From the Times. Not many of these Liverpool players want to come to Villa. I would welcome the signing of Kewell though, think he's a top class player when fit.

Here's the link:-

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article1857151.ece

They can bloody well stay at liverpool. With the recdent takeover Rafa will have a shed load of cash to bring in some top class players... this will push players like kewell and bellamy into the reserves.

Kewell grew up in Australia in the mid to late 80's when Liverpool were kings, hence his adoration for them. It is likely that he doesn't want to leave Liverpool as it was his dream move. But if as reported Benitez gets the players he's after, Kewell will be surplus to requirements. He he stays fit, and reports from the Socceroo physio say that he's never been fitter, then he would be a great addition. Kewell is Australian, and we don't particularly like to lose, so he won't be turning it up. One more thing is that I beleieve he will suit O'Neill's style of play far more than Benitez's style.

Fast when he gets going though!

So is Dwain Chambers but I wouldn't sign him.

Kewell was awesome at Leeds, but hasn't done anything since.

i wouldnt be too sure

he signed Chris Sutton

Yeah, because he was available on a free at a time when it was impossible to sign anyone else. If you had a choice of Jennifer Aniston or Lorraine Kelly, you'd take Jennifer Aniston. But if Lorraine Kelly was the last person on earth, you'd give her the once over.

Well I'd take Lorraine anyway. :) But that's a different topic. :twisted:

PC, about the little discussion we had before, I'm at the same level as you, just don't feel that all those players are playing for WBA as some here seems to think. Maybe went a bit OTT, but that was my feelings.

Anyway, my only concern is that MON won't get his no 1 targets. That would be a shame. Still, I have nothing to back up that with, don't even say that I'm very worried, just a small concern. Hell, we don't even know which players that are his main targets. We really don't know anything apart from gossip from newspapers. That are contradicting each others far more often than agreeing it seems.

The only thing they all have in common is that almost every player linked to us is also linked to Spurs. Hm, is that just a sign that they all think that we'll be competing with Spurs first of all this season? More than really being true stories about us wanting the same players?

That's true if you count scoring in the World Cup and winning a Champions League medal as nothing.

Fact is this: Kewell has some injury concerns. He has spent most of his time at Anfield on rehabilitation for different conditions.

After the latest surgery, he is now fit again. And a fit again Kewell is an immense player.

Question is: Is it worth the gamble? Abso-bloody-lutely!

That's true if you count scoring in the World Cup and winning a Champions League medal as nothing.

Fact is this: Kewell has some injury concerns. He has spent most of his time at Anfield on rehabilitation for different conditions.

After the latest surgery, he is now fit again. And a fit again Kewell is an immense player.

Question is: Is it worth the gamble? Abso-bloody-lutely!

Yeah all 23 mins of it. Then guess what??? He got injured.

I'd love to have Kewell playing for Villa as an Aussie. He is just far too injury prone considering what we will have to pay for him in transfer fees and wages. He is still a very, very good player though, and would be a massive part of that Liverpool team if he was injured less.

Yeah all 23 mins of it. Then guess what??? He got injured.

Errr.... he still has the medal, right? They didn't say "Sorry - you didnt last the whole match. Medal back, please" did they? So the achievement stands.

As for him getting injured - yes, he has become injury prone. One more major injury may even see him retiring early.

The question is: Is the gamble worth it?

We took a risk on Laursen's fitness because of the player he is when he is fit.

IMO, Kewell is in the same basket.

I'm sorry but I can't see the point on taking a gamble on an injury-prone has-been who would cost us an arm and a leg and who has absolutely no wish to move to Villa Park anyway.

I want to see a few up and ocming stars in their mid twenties who can easily be persuaded that they want to join the Villa revolution and who will give their all for us week after week, not slope off to the treatment room at the first opportunity.

I could make some exceptions and to prove I have nothing against aging Aussies I'd be delighted to take Viduka on board.

But not Harry. Please.

A cheap and injury free kewell would be well worth a go IMO.

sadly, i think his days at the top now are either limited or over, simply due to the injuries.

maybe we could get him on a pay as you play basis? :wink: