Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Trabelsi?

He's being released for a very good reason.

I though Beasley was only on loan at City anyway?

Yeah he is,why? Still a talented lad with a good left foot. May be worth the gamble?

Yeah possibly but I don't think left wing is a priority for us. It is the favoured position of Young, Maloney and Berger not to mention Gareth Barry who has spent most of his time playing there for the last 2 or 3 years, even if it may not be his best position.

I think we will be looking at somebody for the right myself.

Well he is a right back but he's basically the walking wounded. And we don't need anymore of them.

Beasley? A RB? Eh?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well everyone looks great on their youtube video because it's only the highlights! The lowlight video would be him getting knocked off the ball by a slight breeze and pulling up injured. :P
Not the thread for discerning gents like you sir! :winkold:

Can't Believe we are allowing portsmouth to get Muntari...i'm dissappointed!!!

Surprised that you have left a darkened room after the badge fiasco!

Saw your negative post wanting NO'N out the other day! Regret it? You did expect stick after all

I have never said i wanted MON out, i was just as frustrated as any other and seriously questioned his tactics.....

The darkened room comment made me laugh though...lol.....

Still DON'T like the badge!!!

Pompy want Defoe (in which I think is his most likeliest destination), and West Ham are lining up an £8m bid for Scott Parker. According to the tabloids today.

Surely Big Sam won't sell Parker and if he is, surely we have to be in there?!

Surely Big Sam won't sell Parker and if he is, surely we have to be in there?!

I'm not so sure. Prior to Gareth Barry moving into centre midfield i would have agreed with you. But having seen all is performances in the centre since half time againest Everton & with the emergence of the excellent Craig Gardner over the last 7 games, i've never been more convinced that we don't need to strengthen the middle of the pitch as much as we do up front & at the back. I watched the Sheffield United game again last night & apart from Barry's tremendous performance, two things stood out for me:

1. Craig Gardner's all round performance as a box to box midfielder.

2. Phil Jagielka's performance at right-back for Sheffield United. I didn't notice him at the time but he was by far & away their best player & at 24 would be perfect for us.

I'd be surprised if Bent went anywhere else other than West Ham, what with the Curbishley connection and the undoubted silly wages they'll throw at him.

I have a feeling that we also need to give "silly wages"...if we want what we need.

Darren Bent could end up at West Ham, yes...but if Villa were to come for him he would easily choose Villa because we have a much better team then West Ham at the moment.

I'd be surprised if Bent went anywhere else other than West Ham, what with the Curbishley connection and the undoubted silly wages they'll throw at him.

I have a feeling that Charlton aren't really in the position where they'd want to help West Ham too much.

I can certainly see them accepting bids from other clubs but not West Ham out of principle.

That is quite right ml1dch!

If Tottenham went in for him we could struggle, if Newcastle with the Allardyce effect went in for him it would be 50/50, I don't know.... but all in all

I have seen no proof that MON wants him so I don't know what to expect

Goalkeeper Paddy Kenny is set to quit Sheffield United.

The Republic of Ireland keeper had been keen to sign a new improved deal but relegation has now forced a rethink.

Kenny, who is 29 tomorrow, is desperate to stay in the Premiership to help his chances of succeeding Shay Given at international level and will listen to offers from other clubs.

Wigan, Aston Villa and Everton are all interested in signing Kenny, who is valued at £2million.

Here

Would only take him as back-up.

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is weighing up a move for Celtic defender Bobo Balde.

The Herald says O'Neill is reported to be considering a move for a third Celtic player, having already signed Shaun Maloney and Stilian Petrov.

Here

Thank **** that tribal football is usually BS.

It would be insane for Darren Bent to join West Ham. They're a no hope, yo yo club with delusions of grandeur.

At least with the other clubs he's being linked with there's some chance of success but with West Ham he'll achieve nothing.

Paddy Kenny would be a great cover for Sørensen but it would be a travesty if he signed as a first team keeper as he is truly average compared to other keepers

such as Reyna and Cech. Sørensen is better than Kenny.

Darren Bent would never join West Ham, I don't think anyone with an ambition would like to sign for that club right now. They have a weird looking owner I would laugh at if I was going to talk to him, they have a poor team with a crap mentality and a shitty stadium.

If we signed Bobo Balde I would be extremely pissed off, he is not the kind of player we want here at the Villa. He is injury prone and ex-Celtic as well as known for his many acts of "Titus Brambleness"

Paddy Kenny would be a great cover for Sørensen but it would be a travesty if he signed as a first team keeper as he is truly average compared to other keepers

such as Reyna and Cech. Sørensen is better than Kenny.

Darren Bent would never join West Ham, I don't think anyone with an ambition would like to sign for that club right now. They have a weird looking owner I would laugh at if I was going to talk to him, they have a poor team with a crap mentality and a shitty stadium.

If we signed Bobo Balde I would be extremely pissed off, he is not the kind of player we want here at the Villa. He is injury prone and ex-Celtic as well as known for his many acts of "Titus Brambleness"

The affliction known as BrambleTitus. Poor lad.

Couldn't sleep last night and had a lot of thoughts at that time. Many about Villa. (Yes, I'm a pretty sad person, I know) One of the things I thought was of course new signings in the summer and where we needed new signings most. I made up a list of players who I think would at least be decent enough for "the next level". All IMO. The players I find good enough are these:

GK: Sörensen

RB: (Delaney's never fit)

LB: Bouma (Barry can cover there too)

CD: Laursen, Mellberg, Cahill (maybe Bouma too)

RW: (Maloney and Young can cover there but I think they both prefer the left side. And Gardner isn't really a winger)

LW: Young, Maloney (Barry and Berger can both play there too)

CM: Petrov, Barry, Gardner, Berger

FW: Carew, Gabby, Moore (Young and Maloney can surely do a job there too but not really what I want)

So looking at this tells me that we need a RB most of all. Problem is that I don't see too many options, but I found a few. Another problem is that I think we need two. Some players I thought of:

Trabelsi, very good at his best but as I've understand a bit injury proned. Even for freee we don't really need that.

Ferreira, mentioned by Roca and I think it's a good shout. Don't know if it's so easy to get players from Chelsea, though.

Richards, the preferrable one for me, but also probably heading for the big 4.

Young, not seen enough of him to convince me that he's good enough for where we want to be.

Rosenior, maybe, but not without buying an experienced one too, say Ferreira. But Ferreira and Rosenior would be great, I think.

Those are my alternatives for the RB position.

The next position is the right wing, or right side of the midfield. Can't come up with too many players there either. Two dream-players and some who I'm not so sure of.

Ribery, of course one of the dream-players. Don't think he's ungettable, but not exactly likely either. The preferred one.

Simao, probably destined for Liverpool. Less gettable than Ribery, I think.

Milner, well, I liked him the last time he played for Villa and I think he's been pretty good this season too from what I've seen, but still on the fence whether he'd be good enough for us now.

SWP, not sure he'd leave Chelsea now, not sure he'd be good enough. And I mean that. Not convinced.

Couldn't come up with too many more.

The next position for me is the strikers. We need more than 3 and preferable a back-up for Carew. Bent and Defoe would both be good signings as players, but I doubt that either Bent or Carew would want to sit on the bench for the other so it could cause some upset which we don't need right now. Defoe could harm the development of Moore and Gabby as I too think they're pretty similar. I think there's one good option on a free for this and maybe next season:

Viduka, could be good and give Carew a push, has experience, is for free and is on the end of his career and could do. Wouldn't be happy to be on the bench, but maybe not that unhappy. No one should be happy being on the bench.

Next thing would be the central defense. Found it hard to come up with decent players who'd come to us and not be too upset with maybe being on the bench. And also found it hard to come up with gettable defenders who'd put some of our defenders on the bench as I think we missed out on one of few such players in Woodgate. Can come up with two who'd certainly push for it and I want them both.

Distin, is on a free and could push both Mellberg and Laursen I think. Snap him.

Jagielka, mostly because he's young, good and can cover for some positions which is needed. Take him.

then there's the position where UI think we should go for a really good player, central midfield. That's the position that needs least covering so instead we should go for a player that is better than what we've got. A few options has been mentioned.

Sneijder, would really lift us up and I don't think it's impossible at all to get him. Look at Bouma. He played in a team that reaches the CL almost every season, if not every season, and even reached the semi-finals a year before he came to us. We were in a lot worse position than we are now, yet he chose to come to us. So I don't think Sneijder's out of our reach at all. will be tough, but gor for him.

Barton, a very good player but after what he's done outside the pitch etc, makes me feel we shouldn't go for him.

Sidwell, destined for Chelsea and not what I really would've wanted anyway, but still a good player.

Parker, if he could reach the level he had at Charlton I'd love him, but not so sure he is.

Appiah, another favourite of mine but words says that MON wasn't impressed by him during the WC.

Stankovic, well, it was a good laugh at least.

van Bommel, again he came into my thoughts. Playing for Bayern Münich makes it hard to get him, but they ain't that good these days and if I got it right didn't even reach the CL. Could be gettable if so, but not sure as he's getting a bit old and not exactly a stop-gap solution. Would love to see him in Villa, but not the preferable option. Anymore.

Guti, has also been mentioned but I'm not so sure that i want him, nor that he'd come here.

then there's the GK position. Well, don't think we need to replace Sörensen yet, but if Boruc is that good as some says and we could get him, then let's get him.

Finally the LB spot. I think it's solved in a perfect way with that portuguese fellow. Not that he's signed up yet, but something tells me that he will. And something also tells me that he's very promising. Not another Bardsley as I don't think MON would buy him if hew wasn't better than Phil. A perfect solution in that he would be content with learning his trade a while before really pushing Bouma on the position.

So my list would be:

Richards (Ferreira and Rosenior in a pckage if not gettable)

Ribery (Milner if not gettable)

Viduka

Jagielka

Distin

Sneijder

Boruc

That portuguese fellow

Which would give us a team like this (IMO):

Boruc

Richards-Mellberg-Laursen-Bouma

Ribery-Sneijder-Barry-Young

Carew-Gabby

Sörensen

Jagielka

Petrov

Viduka

Moore

And players not even reaching the bench:

Cahill

Distin

Anunes (or whatever his name is)

Gardner

Berger

Maloney

So, am I totally living in coco-land high on the painkillers I take these days? :D