Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mcshane is impressing again against wolves

hes a surprisingly skillful player and really would be an interesting choice for an attacking right back

why not bring two right backs in?

could probly get Mcshane and Luke Young for a total of 5 mill.......ship hughes out for a mill and uve spent even less!

If CyberVillan posts those bloody rolley eyes one more time I'm liable to go postal.

Will the pair of you shut the feck up about Spurs please?

If people don't give me a reason to roll my eye's then it won't be done!! :D

Anyway regarding Defoe, he's an out and out goal poacher and i for one would be delighted if we sign him, his record doesn't lie and i think he could reach the 20 goal mark with us no problem.

Here's some of Jermain's goals this season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTc7BPt4Vow

No, i'll keep my claret and blue glasses on thanks, i wouldn't bet you've ever worn any though!!

One more 'better fan than you' type comment and you will be yellow carded. Been asked to stop the Spurs debate and you haven't, and comments like the one quoted in this post aren't acceptable here. Take note.

WARNING! This is not about spurs!!!!!!!!!!!

Do people honestly think that UEFA cupfootball is enough of a lure to swing a players decision on who he joins? Champions league yes but UEFA? Its nice to play in but to be honest most players would take it or leave it. Also the players we are looking at are not going to be given a ONE year contract therefore any non participation this year means nothing, because they know that over the course of a 3 or 4 yr contract we're gonna get there and they'll be part of it. Yes they're are clubs that are very attractive, the london lights, european football, but please don't make out there is a massive gulf in appeal, because whilst we are slightly behind, the difference is that. Slight.

Nugent will be off now me thinks and i reckon we will be in for him as a replacement for JPA.

i dont want nugent....i think he has been overhyped

i really wouldnt be inspired if he was our only striker signing

as an addition to defoe or bellamy joining us then fair enough

Steve Sidwell is set to sign for Chelsea.

What the hell is he thinking?

Signing that deal means ruining his career

Money talks.

He is not a proven international. Would McClaren put him straight in the England team if he went to Chelsea? He would be competing with Lampard, Ballack, Essien, Kalou, Makele (is he leaving?) for a central midfield position.

Terrible decision but I think he is over rated anyway.

Once he signs for Chelsea he'll be a nailed on cert for the England squad. McClaren is an idiot, to put it mildly. He'll pick him cos of playing for them. Then shoehorn him into a midlfied with Stevie G and Fat Frank. Oh no, he can't drop fat frank.

McClaren=gormless moron

Spurs have got a talented squad, but we're hardly years behind them - just a couple of wins. And yes I do think we could beat them for players right now.

We are a year or two behind them, they are higher up in the league than us despite playing in europe

whats to say if next season we finish in a UEFA cup spot, we don't struggle like Bolton, Newcastle, Blackburn, Middlesboro did and have quite a poor season?

your judging it on league standings, despite us not even playing in europe, which notoriously damages UEFA cup teams domestic seasons

the fact that only 3 of our first team 11 would get into their first team 11 at full strength says it all.

From a villa fan point of view i can understand why people think we can get all the quality players

but from a neutral perspective i can see that Spurs are much closer to the top 4, they'll be challenging for the UEFA cup next season, they have a much better squad and they are in London, where as we are mid table in the premiership hoping to get to the position spurs did 2 years ago

Spurs are now getting use to the busy workload of regularly playing in europe and the premierhsip, like the top 4 have had too, that usually takes 2 years of 60 plus games a season to really get to grips with, theirs a big chance that if we qualify for europe at the end of next season the following season we finish mid table.

I get the feeling if neutrals were reading this they would be laughing their socks off, deluded villa fans at it again..

anyway thats the last i will say on the matter as its getting tedious for all

Boruc

Young

Distin

Defoe

and a few midfielders please

I believe Nugent is off to Everton anyway aint he?

Defoe - not my favourite by any stretch of the imagination, but I woudn't be gutted if we signed him, bearing in mind the market we are in.

Personally though, I'd rather see an alternative to Carew rather than a Defoe/Bellamy type. We have Gabby & Luke for that, and they both know where the goal is.

Nugent will be off now me thinks and i reckon we will be in for him as a replacement for JPA.

Doesn't really matter if your inspired by the signing does it. So long as he scores and plays his part it would be a great signing.

Doesn't really matter if your inspired by the signing does it. So long as he scores and plays his part it would be a great signing.

IMO he wouldnt score that much,play his part or be a great signing

as long as he arrives with somebody else its worth a gamble

Yeah Nugent is probably heading to Everton, I would however much rather see him in the Claret and Blue than Bellamy. I just don't rate the guy, really, really hope we don't sign him.

Defoe, I'm indifferent to. His scoring rate is probably 1 in 3, certainly not bad, but not the 20 goals a season "fast striker" that we would need. The fact that we have both Gabby and Moore who fit the "fast striker" mould already, Young and Maloney also can help support the Target man. I am also fairly confident that Gabby and Moore are able, certainly between them to get 20 goals next season.

What we do need is a back up target man, which is why Nugent seems to be ideal. He wouldn't be first choice next season but seems capable enough to play the odd game or come on as a sub. Or if West Ham go down we should really be going for Ashton, quality through and through. Probably one of the main reasons why West Ham have struggled this season.

WARNING! This is not about spurs!!!!!!!!!!!

Do people honestly think that UEFA cupfootball is enough of a lure to swing a players decision on who he joins? Champions league yes but UEFA? Its nice to play in but to be honest most players would take it or leave it. Also the players we are looking at are not going to be given a ONE year contract therefore any non participation this year means nothing, because they know that over the course of a 3 or 4 yr contract we're gonna get there and they'll be part of it. Yes they're are clubs that are very attractive, the london lights, european football, but please don't make out there is a massive gulf in appeal, because whilst we are slightly behind, the difference is that. Slight.

Spot on.

Defoe, I'm indifferent to. His scoring rate is probably 1 in 3, certainly not bad, but not the 20 goals a season "fast striker" that we would need.

This season, for minutes played, he's scored a goal every 1.78 matches.............

Boruc

Young

Distin

Defoe

Agree and would go for Schneider (CM), Milner (RM) and Baines (LB cover).

Would let Sorenson, Samuel, Ridgewell, DJx2, Hendrie, Angel (gone) and Sutton go. I would also loan Osbourne out to a Championship or lower Premiership side.

During my dog walk this am I calculated this would cost c.£33m (£38m out, £5m in)!!

Defoe, I'm indifferent to. His scoring rate is probably 1 in 3, certainly not bad, but not the 20 goals a season "fast striker" that we would need.

This season, for minutes played, he's scored a goal every 1.78 matches.............

Him and Carew would be a lethal combination! Talk about explosive.