Elliott Bennett (Norwich City)

abdomlahor

You're missing my point. I didn't mention Lowton or Benteke. I said that Sylla and Westwood probably made more of a contribution than Delph and Baker. It goes without saying Lowton and Benteke made a huge impact. But it seems to be proving my point that your post was loaded because you only seem to have 2 spaces for PL signings in your quota so of course it's going to look like that PL's signings didn't make an impact, because you've made it look so. (Too tired to articulate what I mean so please ask if it's unclear :P )

And Lambert resigned Guzan so it's a Lambert signing. He called him back from America to talk to him. It's as simple as that.

i think i just didn't word my post very well :S I agree that Lowton Benteke made a huge impact, and Westwood, Sylla made an impact. it wasn't supposed to look like i've only got 2 spaces, i was adding those 2 to Benteke and Lowton, not replacing them. I've got no intention to deliberately write loaded arguements with mis-information, if it comes across that way it's probably down more to poor grammar

EDIT: I know all about the Guzan story i just refuse to see him as a Lambert signing, i know it's stubborn and most people will disagree with me but it's just how i see it

Edited by skarroki

It's okay, I was just intrigued to see if that was genuinely your opinion, because it didn't seem that way, because you said you like Sylla and Westwood as players. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. PL can't be trusted with complete freedom (as i believe nobody should), but we should definitely trust him to an extent because his transfer record has been above average so far. :)

As I said before, Bennett is a good player but not better than Andi or Gabby and I presume Tonev would be first choice sub behind them and I don't see him being good enough to be our number 10 behind the striker. However, if we sign him I'd be happy enough.

Bennett looks quite decent from what ive seen of him but i'm not sure what he would offer us that we don't have already ? I'm all for having a good squad but I think out next midfield signing needs to be more "killer" and less "filler"

• Like 1

Rubbish player.

I don't believe for one moment that you've seen enough of him to say this. I've read a number of Norwich fans' opinions and they seem to generally agree that he's a decent player.

That's because Norwich are Crap!

Only an average player, we need someone better.

Is that the Norwich that finished above us? Does that mean we can't judge whether a player is decent or not!?

Sorry, I'm confused.

Is that the Norwich that Paul Lambert left for us? 

Norwich had a very weak squad last season.

Wouldn't be a bad back up to have but I'd rather let Albrighton have one more go before we go signing any wingers.

Really?? Allbrighton had about 5 half decent games two and a half years ago. To be honest i dont see the point of signing this guy at all. I dont see what he would bring.

Don't get these links - we've got a terrible relationship with Norwich because of the Lambert fiasco, so I can't see us going after any of their players. 

Fiasco? I'd rather call it a success.

Can't say I've been impressed much by him at prem level, ironically only left back I've seen him give trouble too (twice) is one Joe Bennett.

If we can sign players from Norwich though, I'd rather get Pilkington as he's supposed to be available for 5m.

Don't get these links - we've got a terrible relationship with Norwich because of the Lambert fiasco, so I can't see us going after any of their players. 

Not from their perspective!

For what little its worth, he's one of my favourite players at City, quick and a great crosser.

But I have no idea whether a transfer is on the cards or not, I would be sad to see him go.

Anthony Pilkington is much better, yeah?

For what little its worth, he's one of my favourite players at City, quick and a great crosser.

But I have no idea whether a transfer is on the cards or not, I would be sad to see him go.

Anthony Pilkington is much better, yeah?

Not imo, Pilks often goes missing in a game, when he's good he's very good,  but when he's bad............

Benno on the other hand is more steady, again imo.

Edited by Son Of Wiz
  • Like 1

Not from their perspective!

Certainly not, my good fellow, certainly not. I'll admit it's nice to entertain their perspective once in a while, just as a relaxing mental exercise.

• Like 1

Â