Elliott Bennett (Norwich City)

abdomlahor

Rubbish player.

I don't believe for one moment that you've seen enough of him to say this. I've read a number of Norwich fans' opinions and they seem to generally agree that he's a decent player.

That's because Norwich are Crap!

Only an average player, we need someone better.

Is that the Norwich that finished above us? Does that mean we can't judge whether a player is decent or not!?

Sorry, I'm confused.

I used to work with this guy's mum, so out of general interest I've followed his progress at Brighton and Norwich. He's definitely got potential to be a good player.

People saying he's rubbish/average (probably without having seen him play other than the odd moment on Match of the day) though need to get a grip. I'd like to know what they are basing their opinions on.

Rubbish player.

If Lambert rates him that is good enough for me. He has worked with this player so with due respect I would value Lambert's opinion over yours.

Why do people keep saying this?!? Really annoys me for some reason lol

clearly ive never heard of this player before so cant comment on his ability, ive just wiki'd him and seen hes 24 yrs old, clearly too old for PLs type of purchases (joke)

however i do have a question, at 24, is he basically going to be at his peak? many of you on here are saying bannan isnt going to get any better at 23 so is this going to be the same for this guy? is he better than bannan already?

i personally dont see that we need him, we already have alot of young talented midfielders in sylla, westwood, herd, bacuna, delph, gardner, carruthers, albrighton, stieber, johnson, and dare i say... bannan :-/

however, im all for signing him if its who PL wants, although at 24 hes going to be more of a first team regular than a prospect, maybe its the end of nzogbia and bannan?

He's one of their better players and would be an improvement on certainly a couple of names in our current midfield though he isn't the answer to the creative playmaker we are crying out for and the link, with no quotes, looks as though it's a case a lazy journalism.

Got to admit that my first impression on first viewing the thread was "who?", but bloody hell, that Video has got me sold on him. His technique looks top drawer, and i challenge anyone on here to try and replicate some of those finishes.

Very much worth a punt, and could be worth a fortune a few years time under Lambert s stewardship.

BTW I sincerely hope this isn't the final piece of the jigsaw even though he looks a decent prospect. We need a big figure in midfield.

Its about building up competition within the squad. This fella is definitely not the final piece in this summers jigsaw. See Lamberts comments in January and im pretty certain that view will not have altered.

i've watched his club switches and how he is doing generally in his career purely because he was the RM of my premier league Walsall team a fair few years back on fifa. He has good technique and pace, not a bad finisher either, but in my opinion he's not really going to drastically improve our team in any way. I would welcome him in a competition for the squad but i he would be an unnecessary signing and probably one of the most expensive signings yet too.

Rubbish player.

If Lambert rates him that is good enough for me. He has worked with this player so with due respect I would value Lambert's opinion over yours.

It also frustrates me when people do this. Because the last 8 players Lambert brought in masterminded our way to a season-long relegation dog fight, picking up numerous unwanted records on the way. I am not against Lambert as our manager but in my opinion the biggest contributers in the final months that we finally pulled away from the drop were Weimann, Agbonlahor, Delph, Baker, Guzan and of course Benteke and Lowton. I think he's a good manager and can be good in the market but i think people need to realise he's not a astute genius.

• Like 1

i've watched his club switches and how he is doing generally in his career purely because he was the RM of my premier league Walsall team a fair few years back on fifa. He has good technique and pace, not a bad finisher either, but in my opinion he's not really going to drastically improve our team in any way. I would welcome him in a competition for the squad but i he would be an unnecessary signing and probably one of the most expensive signings yet too.

Rubbish player.

It also frustrates me when people do this. Because the last 8 players Lambert brought in masterminded our way to a season-long relegation dog fight, picking up numerous unwanted records on the way. I am not against Lambert as our manager but in my opinion the biggest contributers in the final months that we finally pulled away from the drop were Weimann, Agbonlahor, Delph, Baker, Guzan and of course Benteke and Lowton. I think he's a good manager and can be good in the market but i think people need to realise he's not a astute genius.

See, this is a loaded argument because you omitted Westwood and Sylla who arguably made more of an impact than Baker/Delph, but that would have contradicted your argument. Adding in Westwood and Sylla and 5 of the 9 that are mentioned are Lambert signings.

On topic, I like Bennett, but don't see where he'd fit in.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

BTW I sincerely hope this isn't the final piece of the jigsaw even though he looks a decent prospect. We need a big figure in midfield.

and back up goalie at least

See, this is a loaded argument because you omitted Westwood and Sylla who arguably made more of an impact than Baker/Delph, but that would have contradicted your argument. Adding in Westwood and Sylla and 5 of the 9 that are mentioned are Lambert signings.

i didn't mention them because i didn't think they contributed as much. Not saying they weren't good, i do rate them but i would say Lowton and Benteke played a bigger part. Also i think it is a bit much to call Guzan a Lambert signing. I know he officially signed him, but he was here for years and it is more likely that people suggested for him to be brought back than Lambert going out his way to bring him in

i didn't mention them because i didn't think they contributed as much. Not saying they weren't good, i do rate them but i would say Lowton and Benteke played a bigger part. Also i think it is a bit much to call Guzan a Lambert signing. I know he officially signed him, but he was here for years and it is more likely that people suggested for him to be brought back than Lambert going out his way to bring him in

Not a lot between Baker/Delph and Sylla/Westwood in regards to the impact they had last season.

With regards to Guzan i'm fairly sure Lambert would have been given final say over whether or not he was re-signed or not so really he does deserve the credit for the signing.

• Like 1

You're missing my point. I didn't mention Lowton or Benteke. I said that Sylla and Westwood probably made more of a contribution than Delph and Baker. It goes without saying Lowton and Benteke made a huge impact. But it seems to be proving my point that your post was loaded because you only seem to have 2 spaces for PL signings in your quota so of course it's going to look like that PL's signings didn't make an impact, because you've made it look so. (Too tired to articulate what I mean so please ask if it's unclear :P )

And Lambert resigned Guzan so it's a Lambert signing. He called him back from America to talk to him. It's as simple as that.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Not a lot between Baker/Delph and Sylla/Westwood in regards to the impact they had last season.

With regards to Guzan i'm fairly sure Lambert would have been given final say over whether or not he was re-signed or not so really he does deserve the credit for the signing.

Gave the final say i don't think that deserves credit. Obviously it's down to opinion though so if we argue this then it will just go round and round.

So if i say that the main players last year for me were

Pre-Lambert: Gabbi, Andi, Delph, Baker

Lambert: Lowton, Sylla, Westwood, Benteke

and somewhere in the middle: Guzan

Lamberts signings had just as much impact, as well as his abilities as a manager to steer us from relegation, but can equally be blamed for getting us into the mess in the first place.

Anyway this is beside the point, my point was that just because we are linked with a player doesn't automatically mean they are great because not every player Lambert signed has had an incredible impact.

• Like 1

Gave the final say i don't think that deserves credit. Obviously it's down to opinion though so if we argue this then it will just go round and round.

So if i say that the main players last year for me were

Pre-Lambert: Gabbi, Andi, Delph, Baker

Lambert: Lowton, Sylla, Westwood, Benteke

and somewhere in the middle: Guzan

Lamberts signings had just as much impact, as well as his abilities as a manager to steer us from relegation, but can equally be blamed for getting us into the mess in the first place.

Anyway this is beside the point, my point was that just because we are linked with a player doesn't automatically mean they are great because not every player Lambert signed has had an incredible impact.

He personally rang Guzan and told him to come to back to England so he could resign him*. But yeah, it's not relevant to this topic.

Agreed. 

It's refreshing though that he wants to get rid of most players who were here before and replace them with his own players. And with the relative success of his transfer exploits, that makes me extremely happy and excited :)

* http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3192116,00.html

Edited by StefanAVFC

Â