Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Saudi’s helping Mr Boehly again.  Paying an over inflated fee for an academy player this time - must really help FFP fortunately for those plucky Chelsea boys. 

Its a **** joke. Surely this is a conflict of interest?

Meanwhile at PL, FA And UEFA

Screenshot_20230817_101246_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

One can only assume that Matt Targett will be joining Al Hilal for £90m once the deal for Lewis Hall is complete.

Some people are not built for the intense sun and heat. Matt Targett is definitely one of them

Would be like Steve Staunton in USA 94

• Haha 3

Those that follow youth football seem to rate him very highly and convinced he's going to make it as a top player, if they're right £30m is still a lot but relative to other fees probably not as high as it first seems, bournemouth paid £25m for Alex Scott, Chelsea £20m for Chukwuemeka when he had just a few months left on his contract, Burnley paid big for Man City goalkeeper, £15m for Aaron Ramsey is cheap, only reason it would be that cheap is because of the buy-back clause, and then you've got likes of Caicedo and Lavia going for mega money after one good season.

Watching an highlights video of him, whilst not the best way to judge a player, you can tell from those why he's so highly rated, brilliant close control, can carry the ball forward well, go past players, and a very good passer, wicked crosser, and those highlights are him playing in the Premier League as an eighteen year old, frankly if we had a player that looked that good in the Premier League, I wouldn't want to lose them at all, but if we had to, would be expecting a similarly big fee.

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Those that follow youth football seem to rate him very highly and convinced he's going to make it as a top player, if they're right £30m is still a lot but relative to other fees probably not as high as it first seems, bournemouth paid £25m for Alex Scott, Chelsea £20m for Chukwuemeka when he had just a few months left on his contract, Burnley paid big for Man City goalkeeper, £15m for Aaron Ramsey is cheap, only reason it would be that cheap is because of the buy-back clause, and then you've got likes of Caicedo and Lavia going for mega money after one good season.

Watching an highlights video of him, whilst not the best way to judge a player, you can tell from those why he's so highly rated, brilliant close control, can carry the ball forward well, go past players, and a very good passer, wicked crosser, and those highlights are him playing in the Premier League as an eighteen year old, frankly if we had a player that looked that good in the Premier League, I wouldn't want to lose them at all, but if we had to, would be expecting a similarly big fee.

I just dont see how he is worth 30m. Chuck at least played some games for us at 20m. 30m is just pure cheating to get around FFP

Lewis Hall played more for Chelsea's first team than Chukwuemeka had played for us, he also played more for Chelsea's first team last season than Chukwuemeka did. It's a shame it's Newcastle that are getting him, but genuinely looks like he's got every chance of being a top player.

I think it goes to show how that there's a big advantage to giving youngsters first team minutes where possible, it will drive up the money that can be got for them, but even just when it comes to loans, will find it much easier to find them a Championship club if they've got Premier league minutes, for example, Azaz, Kesler, Aaron Ramsey, and Archer all had to work their way to the Championsip, Philogene made a few appearances for our first team and got a loan move straight to the Championship, same for Iroegbunam.

Edited by useless

It's a racket isn't it?

I saw a comment from a barcode fan suggesting the hatred of them is something new and as a result of their success.

Personally I've always disliked them, don't know why. But this Saudi, unethical ownership just heightens my dislike for them. The ownership by PIF shouldn't be allowed and it further damages the foundations of life in the modern world we live in. There is no equality, only greed.

• Like 1

How is this Adidas deal going to play out?

Are Castore just wiped completely at the end of August and Adidas will get a new kit out for Geordies to spend another whack of money on?

Â