Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

32 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Said it last summer and they did...they cant ride this wave of feel good factor forever

They dont need to, they will buy success. They are another Man City but even richer and with even stronger ties to the UK government. They will get away with absolutely anything they like. 

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Blame the premier league

They had no choice, the Premier League blocked the deal and were "asked" (forced) to reconsider by the government. It has been documented with solid links even on this site at some point.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

They had no choice, the Premier League blocked the deal and were "asked" (forced) to reconsider by the government. It has been documented with solid links even on this site at some point.

there is definitely no saudi government involved with the ownership of newcastle utd

the prime minister had to intervene with a court case at the behest of the saudi government to prove it....

Arsenal on Twitter: "https://t.co/VoYZ8SSNcj" / Twitter

11 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

They dont need to, they will buy success. They are another Man City but even richer and with even stronger ties to the UK government. They will get away with absolutely anything they like. 

And with more power than any other nation in the Middle East. 

Newcastle going for Barnes is a weird one, does score a decent amount of goals (and will do so against us). Obviously a decent player there. But as a team in the champions league band with the richest owners, I’d be disappointed as a fan in that signing 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Newcastle going for Barnes is a weird one, does score a decent amount of goals (and will do so against us). Obviously a decent player there. But as a team in the champions league band with the richest owners, I’d be disappointed as a fan in that signing 

Yeah he ticks the better than what they've got box but he's another like Gordon who will be cast aside if they get to where they want to be

They won't be challenging for the league and trophies with Gordon and Barnes starting

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Probably going to flog ASM to the Saudis to offset the cost 

I would rather have ASM than barnes tbh.

They surely dont have much scopw for FFP without sales.

If they start selling ASM to saudi clubs for over inflated im sure the rest of the league will kick off so i dont see it happening that much

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If they start selling ASM to saudi clubs for over inflated im sure the rest of the league will kick off so i dont see it happening that much

Barnes is miles better than Saint Maximin. One of the most overrated players about

ASM is not even as effective as Nzogbia

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Because we had to work within FFP constraint. We cant just throw money to buy Mbappe, we must be smart in our signing.

4 minutes ago, veriaqa said:

Because we had to work within FFP constraint. We cant just throw money to buy Mbappe, we must be smart in our signing.

Barnes for £40m is smart??

Do t get me wrong he's a safe known entity but he's not exactly the type of gem what's his face was digging up for Brighton is he? If the chukwueze to Milan for £25m happens I know which one ill feel bad about villa not doing

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Barnes is miles better than Saint Maximin. One of the most overrated players about

ASM is not even as effective as Nzogbia

I dont think so. Last season he was constantly injured so its not a fair reflection on him.

Nzogbia was terrible not even a comparison for me

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont think so. Last season he was constantly injured so its not a fair reflection on him.

Nzogbia was terrible not even a comparison for me

Even when he was not injured he wasnt pulling up any trees. Nice flicks and looks good on Youtube but thats it

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They won't. They'll just set up a 'strategic partnership' with one of the state owned Saudi clubs to sell or their duds for pushing 9 figures.

ASM is better than nzogbia but he's definitley all flash no bang

The £60m transfer stuff was hilarious

He was the best player in a shit team, doesn't make him a good player

He's a 6/10 player, so is Gordon, Barnes is a 7/10 player

For all their resources and for £40m I'd want an 8 or 9

FWIW we're the same, Bailey is a 6/10 I want us to find an 8 this summer, I definitely want us to find better than Barnes for £40m

• Like 2

Still a bit frustrating how far ahead Newcastle have got ahead of us in a short space of time. I know they have spent money but so have Villa. Think both clubs sacked Bruce/Smith roughly around the same time and I guess at the time Howe was a risk but at least he had experience of coaching a Premier League team compared to Gerrard. That Gerrard appointment gets more annoying as time goes on. Just shows what can happen when you spend money properly. 

Think I saw earlier on Twitter that Newcastles first 6 games are all on TV so looks like we are going to have the so called “big 7” rammed down our throats now.

Think I read earlier in the thread that the feel good factor there won’t last, I’m sure Eddie Howe will come in for some stick this season as teams will be see them differently but even then they are going to be an attractive project to get an even better manager in. 

Â