Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

You couldn't care less they're owned by Saudis?

Jesus.

Let's be careful here. 

There isn't an issue that they're owned by Saudis. The issue is they're owned by the Saudi government, which is 1) not allowed under PL rules and 2) a government with a horrendous human rights record, a history of murdering journalists and essentially committing a genocide of Yemenis.

• Like 4

Just now, Random Precision said:

You need yto calm down, your mental health will suffer with all that hatred, envy, jealousy and watch us go in the summer window.

Your shitty little club is irredeemable, you've no history of success and anything you win from now into perpetuity will forever be washed in blood. Way aye mate, enjoy.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Will be interesting to see toothless fat bastards with tattoo’d beer guts rocking it out at the Bernabeu next season.

Think of all the extra sponsorship money and UCL money, window will be good.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Let's be careful here. 

There isn't an issue that they're owned by Saudis. The issue is they're owned by the Saudi government, which is 1) not allowed under PL rules and 2) a government with a horrendous human rights record, a history of murdering journalists and essentially committing a genocide of Yemenis.

Was a typo, I could have sworn I typed the* Saudis meaning (clearly, I hope) the government regime. An omission of haste

• Like 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Your shitty little club is irredeemable, you've no history of success and anything you win from now into perpetuity will forever be washed in blood. Way aye mate, enjoy.

Think you need to check our history, yes our last domestic trophy was in 55 but now we can compete with the so called big 6 on a more level playing field. We’ll disrupt the established order and that ‘annoys’ teams like ManU etc

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Was a typo, I could have sworn I typed the* Saudis meaning (clearly, I hope) the government regime. An omission of haste

Under PL rules nothing, and I mean nothing forbids ownership by sovereign wealth funds……so you’re wrong.

2 minutes ago, Random Precision said:

Think you need to check our history, yes our last domestic trophy was in 55 but now we can compete with the so called big 6 on a more level playing field. We’ll disrupt the established order and that ‘annoys’ teams like ManU etc

68 years ago. An FA Cup. Last league win 1927.

As I said - shitty little club. Enjoy the blood money.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Random Precision said:

Under PL rules nothing, and I mean nothing forbids ownership by sovereign wealth funds……so you’re wrong.

They lied to the government about not being government owned in order to get your disgraceful owners through the back door.

Every football fan in the country will see any success Newcastle have going forward as not only immoral to the highest degree but also invalid. 

It will be a very shallow success and would count for absolutely nothing outside of Newcastle.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Random Precision said:

If the wealth fund is separate from the government, which in this case, it clearly isn't. Blood of Yemeni children on your hands, but why aye eh?

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

So we will have a big 7 monopoly and the show goes on

Great

Can’t be that big with only 4 CL spots, and 1/2 other Europe spots. 1 big boy will be missing out 

It's not his fault or anyone else Newcastle fans fault who they are owned by.

What are they going to do? Stop supporting their boyhood club?

I wouldn't stop supporting Villa if we had Iranian owners. Yes I would be critical of the ownership but I would still support my club.

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

It's not his fault or anyone else Newcastle fans fault who they are owned by.

What are they going to do? Stop supporting their boyhood club?

I wouldn't stop supporting Villa if we had Iranian owners. Yes I would be critical of the ownership but I would still support my club.

I wouldn’t. But that’s your choice, and mine. 

And it isn’t about nationality, it’s about state ownership. 

iranian owner ok, Iranian government, absolutely not. 

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 3

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

I wouldn’t. But that’s your choice, and mine. 

And it isn’t about nationality, it’s about state ownership. 

Fans have no say in the matter.

Can protest all they want.

Business will go on.

Â